Whitewater Snacks

2princesses*Mom

Earning My Ears
I'd love to try WWS on our next trip. We are not staying onsite at the GCH; I know as a non-guest you can eat at any of the hotel restaurants, but once we've entered DCA, can we use the entrance by GRR to grab a quick bite at WWS or is that reserved for hotel guest only?

I'd love to try WWS on our next trip. We are not staying onsite at the GCH; I know as a non-guest you can eat at any of the hotel restaurants, but once we've entered DCA, can we use the entrance by GRR to grab a quick bite at WWS or is that reserved for hotel guest only?
We have used it when we have not stayed onsite.
You might want to ask the CM as you are about to exit, see what they have to say.

The entrance isn't reserved for hotel guests only all day, but like PP said, you could always ask before you exit. In my experience since they've added the new metal detector, it is not faster to re-enter the park through that entrance most of the time. I haven't done it since they started the checkpoint going into DTD, though. That could be just as long.

Yes, you can use that exit into the hotel by GRR. If you are going for breakfast, save your receipt just encase they want to see proof you ate there to use the entrance back into DCA if it is before 11am. We enjoy eating at WWS. Food is good and the outdoor seating is relaxing. You can hear the hustle and bustle inside DCA, and even see a bit between the slats of the fence!

Personally, I wouldn't bother to go over to WWS when you could just eat in the park and not do all the extra walking/security. We eat at WWS when we stay at GCH, but I've never thought the food was anything special.

Love Whitewater Snacks(nachos are the best) and not a big deal going in from the park. Never had a problem getting back into the park either, you do go through a bag check and metal detector going back in and I've never waited more than two or three people in front of me. Of course, I wouldnt go through in the early morning when many hotel guests are making their way into the park.

Personally, I wouldn't bother to go over to WWS when you could just eat in the park and not do all the extra walking/security. We eat at WWS when we stay at GCH, but I've never thought the food was anything special.
This. We did not find the food even remotely worth the hassle of getting in and out of GCH from DCA.

I haven't been to Whitewater Snacks in several years, but I remember their buttermilk biscuit breakfast sandwich as one of my top ten favorite breakfast items of all time. Even then, realistically, I just don't seem to make it over there when I'm not staying at the GCH.

WWS has some great breakfast burrito's that are surprisingly reasonable considering where you are.
But I would not leave the parks for lunch there. Too many better places, especially The Cove Bar.
And no, there is no problem coming and going through the GCH park entrance in DCA.

WWS has some great breakfast burrito's that are surprisingly reasonable considering where you are.
But I would not leave the parks for lunch there. Too many better places, especially The Cove Bar.
And no, there is no problem coming and going through the GCH park entrance in DCA.
It's just myself and my two DD'a this next trip; I've been wanting to try cove bar (lobster nachos AND an adult beverage sound like a great way to relax) but when I looked the the menu there didn't seem to be too much that my girls would eat

I've tried the nachos a couple times and I just don't get the fuss about them, but lots of people love them. WWS is very close to the DCA GCH entrance, so you should have no problem going in and out quickly.

Another fan of the Nachos with chicken. Overall WWS is not anything to write home about but having a usually quiet relaxing place to stop in and eat is awesome. On a busy day it is a great escape.

Now if you have backpacks, stroller, and packing for an expedition in the parks I could see that going through DCA security might be a "hassle" but never been more than a few body backup at the gate once the morning rush is over and is usually walk through mid day.

I recently posted a picture of the nachos on page 222 here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/my-disneyland-dining-reviews-with-pictures.1253888/page-222

I wasn't impressed and wouldn't go out of my way to get them, but my daughter likes to get chicken nuggets and fries there. So, since I was there, I tried the nachos.
I'm glad you posted that; I never would have guessed people were raving about nachos made with cheese sauce! You saved me a trip over there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter