Whispering Canyon or LTT...I'm stuck and can't decide.

megster1123

Blown away at Pictured Rocks. Literally.
Dinner for me, husband and 7yo son.

We'll be heading back into MK for the evening and I have a 5:00 WCC or a 6:15 LTT to choose from. I'm not worried about the logistics of each restaurant, just looking for honest feedback on either. I've always heard that WCC is a ton of fun, it can get rowdy with all of the antics and such...but after watching a handful of videos showing WCC dinner it honestly seemed kind of awkward and cringey at times. Like doing the ketchup yell over and over and having a couple waitstaff shuffle over and dump ketchup bottles out of their aprons. Is that really it?

Has anyone experienced WCC dinner lately? Or should we just head back into the park and go with LTT? This is my last planning piece to put together and I don't know why I can't just pull the trigger and pick one.
:(

When DS was 9 (he's 11) now, we stayed at WL and I took him WCC for breakfast. He loved it so much we ended up eating there 2 more times during our stay and then when we went back with DH a few months later DS insisted we had to take DH there. We loved it. We also had a particularly excellent server who played it up as much or as little as his guests wanted - my DS wanted full-tilt, so every time we went, he came up with more stuff to do with him - it was really cute. I, personally, would do WCC as the resort is gorgeous, the food is good and there is a bit of an entertainment factor. To me, LTT is just a ton of mediocre food served family style in a nice atmosphere.

Another vote for WCC ... just easier to do the meal before going to the park and fighting the crowds. It is a beautiful resort and the food is good ... we have found that the "antics" are sometimes at a high level and sometimes not ... guess it depends on the crowd. LTT is good but there isn't a lot of choices for picky eaters as dinners are served family style and it is essentially a fixed menu.

And the skillet is delish!

Bonus is you get to see WL. Gorgeous resort. I always plan to go amn hour early so we can enjoy the lobby. So much stuff for kids to do.

I’m thinking we had an off experience there when we went. We ate dinner at WCC and our waiter didn’t do anything fun or silly with us. It was also our longest meal of the trip. I don’t know if they were short staffed or what but it took about 2 hrs to get out of there. I know people love it but we weren’t impressed. The food was decent.

When did you visit?

I’m thinking we had an off experience there when we went. We ate dinner at WCC and our waiter didn’t do anything fun or silly with us. It was also our longest meal of the trip. I don’t know if they were short staffed or what but it took about 2 hrs to get out of there. I know people love it but we weren’t impressed. The food was decent.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!
I’m going to stick with it and just not clue my family in on what they may be in for during the meal :)

Great choice, especially with your son. My daughter - now 8 - loves the antics and this is her favorite Disney restaurant. The food is also very good and better than Liberty Tree IMO. We like Liberty Tree lunch but the thanksgiving meal for dinner doesn't appeal to us much.

Whispering Canyon and Biergarten are my daughters’ must have every trip. They are 8 and 10 and we go every year. The first year we did WCC my daughter cried every time the ketchup would leave our table. They gave us a new bottle as a souvenir at the end. We were staying at the lodge and on the last day she got another bottle with a note.
When I asked if they wanted LTT this trip I had to refresh their memory of what it was and then couldn’t even distinguish it from Columbia Harbour House.

I want to take my 4 year old there but she can be very shy. If she doesn’t want to participate in the festivities will she be too overwhelmed?

We love Whispering Canyon! We aren't massive BBQ people, so we usually go for breakfast, but we love the WL and the atmosphere. My hubs is delighted by the milkshakes but all the food has been tasty each time we've visited.
We've been when the antics are lively and more quiet. It depends on the server, I think. Personally, I'm easily amused and love the frisky/cheesy humor.

Sherky, if your 4 year old is super shy and it's not going well, you could always say to your server that your family is happy to watch the silliness at other tables. Honestly, each time we have been there, the servers seem more into pestering the adults than the children!

I have been to WCC 2 times in the last year October 2018 and April 2019 it was fantastic both times. Highly recommend. I got the skillet and the waiter came out and put a full table cloth around my neck as a bib. Turns out i needed it, as mid way through dinner, i knocked my knife which was covered in BBQ sauce on my lap.

I do not know if we just hit a bad day but when we went to Whispering Canyon in June it was where good times went to die. At that time we could do stuff but the waiters were not allowed to start anything. I have heard that they have put some of the antics back in. We went for dinner and at the time there were just 3-5 other tables being used at the time. Now we did not get the skillet while there because we are from Kansas City and as a rule we do not eat barbeque in Orlando because in KC it is a food group. Now the steaks we did have made the trip to the hotel worth it. Excellent food. Now I also like Liberty but I have not fully forgiven them for taking the characters out of the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!