Whispering Canyon lately?

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
I was curious what WC has been like since the changes that were made last year. What is the atmosphere like now for anyone who has been recently?

We will be there in about a week and would like an update on dinner antics/craziness..........

We had breakfast there in November. We were the first ADR of the morning, so it was pretty tame since there were only about 5 tables of guests. The table near us though, knew that the schtick was part of the charm of the restaurant and they really played it up with the server - it was fun to watch.

I have read lots of reports that during busier times, the fun/antics are really no different than they ever were.

I am glad to hear they are doing stuff again. When we went this past June the place was maybe 20% full and the waiter said we could do stuff be they were not allowed to.

I was there for a late breakfast in November and they still did the ketchup and our waitress was absolutely hilarious. We are going for dinner in April because my kids insist on going back.

I had a late lunch reservation there in October and they were still hollering for ketchup and silverware. Like PP indicated, it wasn't a full restaurant by any stretch but the staff played along just fine.

I was worried about the same thing too, but we had lots of fun at dinner in October. It seemed like the ketchup shtick had to be guest driven (the yelling and delivering), but it was still going on. They also had broomstick races, the timeout/jail thing, huge sodas, etc. They seated us in the quiet area way in back, but our server was still a lot of fun.

We ate there last August and while the antics seemed tampered down slightly the original intent was still there. Having eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner there I have found that they tend to do more at dinner time but that may just be our experience.

I heard the same thing about 50s prime time being scaled back but we ate there in October and our server was hilarious. He made a guy stand with his head against a wall because he wouldn’t finish his food. He asked us if we washed our hands and I said no so he made me go to the bathroom. He also told a guy to open up so he could feed him like a plane. He made sounds on a kazoo and everything.

Glad to hear that things are trending back towards what we all loved about Whispering Canyon. Good food and a lot of silliness.

We went for lunch on my Birthday in December and had a blast. Our server soon realized we were up for the usual antics when I asked for a straw and a few extra as souvenirs. From then on it was game on. The table next to us had one person forced to sit by himself and another was "put" in Jail. The staff all told me how good my Cupcake was made the top into a healthy muffin by removing the icing. The rendition of Happy Birthday they sang was priceless In short BEST BIRTHDAY EVER

We had a great time. There were definitely antics - although the restaurant wasn’t full - and our server was great. My brother was put into jail by him which was hilarious! Funnily our meal was much better than it was the last time we went a few years ago, before the changes.

I was there last week for dinner at 7pm. The antics were in full force: Ketchup, hobby horse stick racing, super loud happy birthday singing, etc... My wife asked for a straw and was given about 20 of them.

It was actually louder than we remembered from our last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter