Whispering Canyon Cafe for LUNCH

kadesha

DIS Veteran
Forgive me if this has been asked recently, I tried to search but it only pulled up threads from 2010.

I was thinking of booking WCC for a late lunch (around 2:00) on our last MK day. I have heard that they don't have the "antics" at lunch. Is this true? Would it be better to book dinner if we are looking for some entertainment? (I realize that the antics aren't guaranteed, but don't want to book lunch if that time is totally out of the question)

We've had lunch twice there - most recently early December this past year. Nope, antics are really not much during lunch. You realize that right away when walk in and see ketchup bottles on each table already - so there's one antic (my kids' fav) that isn't going to happen.
We did see SOME fooling around... but having done breakfast lunch and dinner there.... Dinner is the most - breakfast surprisingly had a bit of antics, and lunch was the least.

We just had lunch there 2 weeks ago & had very little antics at all. He threw the napkins all over the table, and generally had a sarcastic tone (all in good jest) but that was it.

Do they do the "horse races" at lunch? We are interested in this more than the "antics":)

We had no antics or horse races during our lunch. The only thing consistent between dinner and lunch is the bad food.

I don't know what horse races are - but I saw nothing of the sort during our lunch!

And by the way, we LOVED the food, we've never been so full after a meal!! I think I ate 2 skillets full of baked beans & mashed potatoes by myself...

Thanks for asking this question .... it never occurred to me that there would be a different in the entertainment factor between lunch and dinner so had planned a late lunch as one of our ADRs. Hmm ... not sure now if I want to switch it to dinner or pick another restaurant since the main appeal was the entertainment. When I read reviews it sounded a lot like Ed Debevics in Chicago, which is hysterical no matter what time of day one goes to eat.

I have to slightly disagree with the above posters, we had lunch about 3 weeks ago; they had the horseraces, they did the ketchup bit, and our server was certainly in character. However, that was inconsitent with our own previous experiences, I think it depends on what time you eat lunch.

I've eaten lunch there 3 times in the last 6 months: when we went at the start of lunch, there was nothing (maybe 3 families total in the restaurant); when we went the second time we were not sat in the main room and so there was nothing, but this last time we went at the end of lunch and it felt more like the dinner experience.

I have to slightly disagree with the above posters, we had lunch about 3 weeks ago; they had the horseraces, they did the ketchup bit, and our server was certainly in character. However, that was inconsitent with our own previous experiences, I think it depends on what time you eat lunch.

I've eaten lunch there 3 times in the last 6 months: when we went at the start of lunch, there was nothing (maybe 3 families total in the restaurant); when we went the second time we were not sat in the main room and so there was nothing, but this last time we went at the end of lunch and it felt more like the dinner experience.
What time is considered still "lunch"? 3p seating? 3:30 seating? Later? We'd be okay with making our lunch as late as possible since with the time change we'll be waking up late and wanting lunch at around 3:30 or 4 anyways ... that might work if they're doing the dinner antics then.

We only go to WCC for the antics - not so much for the food. (The food's not bad... it's just not great, & there are other restaurants w/ better food where I'd rather eat.)

Anyway, our 2 older kids love WCC - specifically for all the silly antics.

Last September, I scheduled a lunch ADR since that was really the only place I could fit it in our dining schedule.

And the kids were really disappointed. There weren't any antics at all. Our server was a little in character... maybe. Or maybe she's always that way. :confused3

I think another server got a little crazy w/ a larger party.

Oh, & our DS was given a large wooden spoon.

Our ADR was at 12:30 pm, for what it's worth.

We're trying it one more time this September. I have a dinner ADR scheduled for our arrival night.

We had lunch there back in December. We ate around 1:40 or so, right after we checked into the WL. Anyway, it was very very quiet in there. There were people eating, but there were no horse races or anything. We had a nice waitress who brought my husband a huge jar of diet coke and threw some straws on the table, but other than that it was very quiet. We didn't mind though. We had burgers and sandwiches and they were very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts