Whining All the Way to the Finish Line..WINE&DINE 1/2 .UPDATE.1/3/10!

WOW! After looking at the requirements, I am impressed! I can walk a 15 minute mile, but NO WAY for 13 miles!

:wave2: - check the time of my post!! :cutie:

or am I a snoot? :snooty:

:rotfl2:

I will say that its important to worry about the 13.1 distance - I learned the hard way to "respect the distance".... I used to believe - hey, its just a walk in the parks - until I did it!!! :faint:

Me three!

and seriously - what makes me think that I will be in shape 8 weeks from now!!

One day at a time, one step at a time!!
Great mantra...one step at a time!! In the past when I worked out on a regular basis...:rotfl: trying to get back into that mode....consistency is Key!!

WOW! After looking at the requirements, I am impressed! I can walk a 15 minute mile, but NO WAY for 13 miles!
Well, I am certainly not at that point yet:eek:....but planning on getting to that point:cheer2:
:wave2: - check the time of my post!! :cutie:

or am I a snoot? :snooty:

:rotfl2:

I will say that its important to worry about the 13.1 distance - I learned the hard way to "respect the distance".... I used to believe - hey, its just a walk in the parks - until I did it!!! :faint:

ok..you are a cutie snoot...:lmao:

Oh thanks...you just gave me a great :idea: Need to put "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" on my playlist....to remind me...Respect the distance!!!!! :thumbsup2

Well, technically it is a walk in the parks..right....?:rotfl2: But all the park
benches have that "wet paint" sign on them....:laughing:

My 5K is around the corner.....12/5...should be verrryyyyy interesting....:rolleyes1

Inaugural Disney Wine & Dine

Runners participating in Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon will have exclusive access to an after-hours Epcot International Food & Wine Festival included with their race entry.
Spectators will be able to purchase a specially priced event ticket that will allow them access into the exclusive after-hours party to see their runner finish the race and celebrate with them at the festival. Spectators can enter Epcot® at 10:30 p.m.
Your Finish Line Party Ticket includes:
•Entrance into the Exclusive After-Hours Epcot International Food & Wine Festival •One (1) Complimentary "Taste" and One (1) Complimentary "Sip" at the Finish Line Party •Ability to view the course and finish line of the Half Marathon and Relay
ALL spectators are required to purchase a Finish Line Party Ticket in order to view the finish line of Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon and Half Marathon Relay. This is a specially ticketed event and requires a separate ticket. Annual Passes and Cast Member entrance are not valid for this special event.
*Limited country pavilions, entertainment and attractions will be available due to Epcot® closing at 9 p.m. for day guests.
All event information is subject to change.

Half Marathon WeekendWEEKEND SCHEDULE
EXPO & PACKET PICK-UP
Location: Jostens® Center at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
All runners are required to attend the Expo for race number and packet pick-up.
Friday, October 1, 2010
12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, October 2, 2010
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

DISNEY'S KIDS' RACES
Friday, October 1, 2010
7:00 p.m.
MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN FAMILY FUN RUN 5K
7:00 a.m.
Start & Finish: Magic Kingdom® Park
DISNEY WINE & DINE HALF MARATHON RELAY
10:00 p.m.
Start: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Relay Transition: Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park
Finish: Epcot® World Showcase
DISNEY WINE & DINE HALF MARATHON
10:00 p.m.
Start: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Finish: Epcot® World Showcase
FINISH LINE PARTY
EXCLUSIVE AFTER HOURS EPCOT INTERNATIONAL FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL
Saturday, October 2, - Sunday, October 3, 2010
10:30 p.m. - 3:00 a.m.

Print PageInaugural Disney Wine & Dine
Half Marathon WeekendRace Instructions
Check back later for the final race instructions.

Baggage Claim
There will be a baggage drop off location at the race start for participants. Attach the bottom tear tag of your bib number to your bag when you drop it off at Baggage Claim. Your race bib number will be used to verify your bag when you pick it up at Baggage Claim. You must use the clear plastic bag you were given at Packet Pick-up to check your baggage. We will not accept any items that are not in the clear plastic bag. Please do not check any valuable items. Event Staff are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.

Bib Numbers
Each runner will be issued a bib number at Packet Pick-up. It is the responsibility of each runner to wear the bib during the race. If a runner is seen without their bib number while running on the course, they will be removed from the course for security and safety reasons.

A ChronoTrack D-tag timing device will be located on the back of the race bib.

Timing & Results
The Half Marathon and Half Marathon Relay are timed events.

The ChronoTrack timing system will be used for the half marathon and relay. A ChronoTrack timing D-tag will be located on the back of each runner's race bib. The disposable D-tag should be peeled off and attached to the participant's shoe before the race.

Online results will be posted after race conclusion at disneywinedinerun.com.

If you are picked up and transported to the finish line for any reason you will not receive a finisher medal.

Half Marathon WeekendAWARDS
Overall Awards
These awards will be presented on-site at the Awards Ceremony.
Top 3 Overall Male & Female Half Marathon Finishers (based on gun time)Top Overall Male & Female Wheelchair Winner** (push rim only) (based on gun time)Top Male, Female & Coed Relay Teams (based on net time)
Masters, Military, Relay Teams & Age Group Awards (based on Net time)
Overall Male & Female Masters Champion*
2nd & 3rd Place Wheelchair Winners (Push rim only, based on gun time)
2nd & 3rd Place Male Relay Teams
2nd & 3rd Place Female Relay Teams
2nd & 3rd Place Co-ed Relay Teams
Top 5 Male & Female Military
Top 5 Age Groups (Male & Female)

14-17
30-34
45-49
60-64
75-79

18-24
35-39
50-54
65-69
80+

25-29
40-44
55-59
70-74

The Masters, Military, Relay Teams & Age Group awards listed above for the Half Marathon will be distributed by mail after the event. Because of the number of people who participate in the Half Marathon, it can often take several minutes to cross the start line. In the interest of fairness, masters and age group award winners will be based on Net Time. Masters (40 and over) that place in the overall division will receive that overall award only.

A runner will not receive two awards for the same race result.
Relay awards will be based on Net time.

Half Marathon WeekendSAFETY REMINDER
For the safety of yourself and the other participants, baby joggers, strollers, baby carriers, baby backpacks, inline skates, motorized scooters, bicycles, skateboards, and animals of any kind are prohibited from the course. If you are seen in violation of one of these you will be removed from the course and transported to the finish line area.
Headphones are discouraged due to audio messages that are placed throughout the course to ensure your safety.
You are allowed to and even encouraged to wear a costume while running the event, however, your costume cannot include a face mask for security and safety reasons. Anyone seen in violation of this will be removed from the course. If your costume is questionable or offensive to others, we reserve the right to either have you change into something more appropriate or remove you from the event.

Half Marathon Weekend
COURSE

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Course Description
Start at the newly re-imagined ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex running down Victory Way and then west on Osceola Parkway toward Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park. Make your way past the Tree of Life, Expedition Everest™, Dinosaur® and then race back to Osceola Parkway and head toward Disney's Hollywood Studios™. You will enter the park in the shadow of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™, run down Sunset Boulevard through Pixar Place, past Toy Story Mania!, then through the Costuming Tunnel in the Backlot on your way to Lights Motor Action! for your big debut! Race through the Streets of America, past Star Tours and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular on your way to Epcot®! The course will wind through the idyllic village of Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts and lead you through the international gateway entrance to Epcot®, where you will pass United Kingdom and Canada before finishing on World Showcase!

Mickey's Halloween 5K Course Description
Race from the Happy Parking Lot toward Magic Kingdom® Park. Run past Tony's Town Square Restaurant onto Main Street, U.S.A.® toward Tomorrowland® where you will run past the Space Mountain® Attraction, under Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress and past Indy Car Motor Speedway. The course will then turn before the Mad Tea Party to run past the Rose Garden and in front of Cinderella Castle. Follow the ghostly lights toward the Haunted Mansion as you race through Liberty Square, past The Hall of Presidents, and then onto Frontierland® and Adventureland®. After you pass the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction you will run backstage to the finish line on West Beach overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom® Resort Area.

MOST IMPORTANT!!!!:eek::eek:
To compete you must be 14 years of age or older. All athletes entering the Half Marathon or Relay must maintain a 16-minute per mile pace or faster throughout the entire race.

This last piece of the pie should have been first!!!:upsidedow

Let me just say that above post was a copy and paste nightmare.....ugh!!! Never again!! lol Had to go back twice and delete stuff that copied 3 times.....then I had to log back in, and lost all my editing....
taking a break...time for the kiddos to go to school...and I need an Advil now!!

Let me just say that above post was a copy and paste nightmare.....ugh!!! Never again!! lol Had to go back twice and delete stuff that copied 3 times.....then I had to log back in, and lost all my editing....
taking a break...time for the kiddos to go to school...and I need an Advil now!!

it is too many words for me right now!! I have to get myself to school - subbing in 4th grade today...

What 5K are you running in?? I'm debating on whether I should run a race... :rolleyes1

Just wanted to say Hi and also say good for you for doing the 1/2 marathon! You will be my inspiration!!!!:hippie:

Woo Hoo!!!

GO get em!

I hope you got some Advil and are feeling better!

Kudos to you for putting all of that info in one place. Why does it take so much research to find all of that out? :confused3

My advice on the 16 minute mile pace is to position yourself as far forward in your assigned corral as possible. That way you cross the start line with as much time to "spare" as possible before the "last" person crosses the start line.

The 16 minute mile pacers don't start counting until the LAST person crosses the start line...so you will have some minutes that will act as a buffer. I would not really "rely" on them...but when you stop to use the restroom or something, at least you won't have to break out into a run to catch up to the pace.

I believe it can take 15 or 20 minutes for the pack to cross the start line - so theoretically that gives you that many minutes to act as a buffer...

This is giving me comfort as I train. I am shooting for 16 minute miles...but if I have to stop to use the rest room or walk a little slower through the water stops, then I will be glad I was one of the first in my section to get started.

Are you planning to walk with music?

it is too many words for me right now!! I have to get myself to school - subbing in 4th grade today...

What 5K are you running in?? I'm debating on whether I should run a race... :rolleyes1
It's a local 5K called he Jingle Bell Race/Walk..through a golf course, starts at 7 am...doing the Walk:cool1:;)
4th grade is a great grade...they are still sweet...LOL
Just wanted to say Hi and also say good for you for doing the 1/2 marathon! You will be my inspiration!!!!:hippie:
Hi Liz!!! Glad you are here!:flower3:

Woo Hoo!!!

GO get em!

I hope you got some Advil and are feeling better!

Kudos to you for putting all of that info in one place. Why does it take so much research to find all of that out? :confused3

My advice on the 16 minute mile pace is to position yourself as far forward in your assigned corral as possible. That way you cross the start line with as much time to "spare" as possible before the "last" person crosses the start line.

The 16 minute mile pacers don't start counting until the LAST person crosses the start line...so you will have some minutes that will act as a buffer. I would not really "rely" on them...but when you stop to use the restroom or something, at least you won't have to break out into a run to catch up to the pace.

I believe it can take 15 or 20 minutes for the pack to cross the start line - so theoretically that gives you that many minutes to act as a buffer...

This is giving me comfort as I train. I am shooting for 16 minute miles...but if I have to stop to use the rest room or walk a little slower through the water stops, then I will be glad I was one of the first in my section to get started.

Are you planning to walk with music?

I need to copy and paste that into my head...lol..great info, thanks so much!!!! So much to learn...! Here is my current playlist....fun on the treadmill..lol...accept DH has seen me in action and claims he can tell when a song changes, cause I adjust my walk to the song....lol

Single Ladies.....Beyonce
Crazy in Love.....Beyonce
Ain't No Stopping us Now....Mc Fadden & Whitehead (old disco)
Heaven Must be Missing an Angel....Tavares
It only takes a minute.....Tavares
Pon De Replay..Rihanna
LOVE....Sugarland
Hemorrhage(in my hands)....Fuel
Livin La Vida Loca....Ricky Martin'
Cup of Life....Ricky Martin
A thousand beautiful things...Annie Lennox
Walking on Broken Glass....Annie Lennox
Acoustic #3...Goo Goo Dolls
Here is Gone....Goo Goo Dolls
Think about me...Goo Goo Dolls
Slide....Goo Goo Dolls
Luck be a Lady...Frank Sinatra
Black or White.....Michael Jackson
Freedom...George Michael
Its My Life...Bon Jovi
Lost Highway...Bon Jovi
Living on a Prayer...Bon Jovi
Right Now...Van Halen
Say Hey(I love you)....Micheal Franti
Sexyback....Justin Timberlake
Show me what im looking for...Carolina Liar
This is how a heart brakes...Rob Thomas
Someday......Rob Thomas
Going to add R-E-S-P-E-C-T by Aretha...as a neat reminder of what Sandy said...RESPECT the DISTANCE!!!!!

Let me ask you guys about the corral placement: In the corral that you will be in; what pace groups are in there? I understand the want to get as far forward in your corral as possible but if there are faster runners behind you, being in front of them will create nothing but problems. Each corral needs to line up by pacing. There have been races where slower paced people were knocked down because they were lined up in front of faster paced people that took off at a run at the Start line. I know that Disney does a good job with corral placement to help prevent what I stated above from happening, but here’s me for example: When I signed up for the Disney marathon I hadn’t run a race so I couldn’t submit a time to be put into another corral. I’m assuming that I’m currently in the general corral? I plan to try to move up a corral at Expo now that I’ve completed a half marathon and have an official time. I’m also running an 8 mile Turkey Trot next week that will be chipped for official time. I’m averaging under a 9 1/2 minute mile right now in my training runs and there’s a good chance (if my training holds up) to complete the marathon in under 5 hours. But what if I can’t move up a corral? I know that it would be very frustrating on my part to start the race at my 9 something minute pace, trying to run, when people doing a much slower pace are blocking my way. I’m certain that it would also be very frustrating on the slower paced people to have me right on their heels trying to shove my way around them so that I could run.

I really am asking about the last corral placement at Disney - I have no idea what that last corral is like. Is there a mix of paced people in that corral or is it more 14 -16 paced people and walkers? I’ve been reading the frustration of this by the experienced runners over on a running message board that I lurk at so this topic has been on my thoughts lately. I guess to just be mindful of the runners around you. If you do wind up at the very front of your corral and you realize that there are faster runners there, try to move over to the side so that they can easily pass you when they cross the Start line. I accidently ran up on a girl’s heels in my half marathon. She was walking! She had placed herself up too far in the line for the start and was mixed in with all of the runners instead of being in the back with the walkers. I happened to glance down at something on the ground and then back up and there she was! I couldn’t avoid her. I’m just thankful that I didn’t cause her injury.

Disneybride: Good luck on your Jingle Bell race/walk. It sounds like fun! Is it for a cause?

Oh! and you guys can maintain your pace if you train. I promise! I did 14 miles last Saturday for my first time and my pace held up. Just trust your training!

:thumbsup2
What???? no Bing?

:rolleyes1:rotfl:
Never imagined listening to him during a workout...however, now that you mention it....with the season upon us..:santa::santa::santa::santa:.may have to add Mele Kalikimaka and Anday's "Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"...:thumbsup2

Definitely...I should have said that...if you are in front in the corral - make sure you are off to the side...or plan to jog to start. No one starts REAL fast in the back corrals, but no one wants to get run over. :)

Definitely...I should have said that...if you are in front in the corral - make sure you are off to the side...or plan to jog to start. No one starts REAL fast in the back corrals, but no one wants to get run over. :)

I think I am going to begin a journal...and then keep track in there of what pages on my PTR has all this great info....this way I can catalogue it!!

So next year when I ask myself,,,where am I suppose to go?? Oh...page 4 of my PTR...:goodvibes

So....finally got to wear my new shoes....got them last week...then got sick and too busy with the internal move within my house....they were awesome...wow what a differance!

These will do for now....will follow advice and eventually be fitted at a running store!

So...took Ava (DD3.5) to pre school....went to the gym....I really wish they would have better programming on these TV monitors while on the TM! lol

Nothing positive in these soap operas....lol....crying,,,yellling....give me back my baby....

So tried talking myself into stopping at mile 2....3...and 3.5..but went to mile 4 in one hour:)
It really felt like an accomplishment....today it did!
I just keep thinking/visualizing what it will be like to cross that finish line...what a feeling...and I want that experience!! I am sure it will be better than anything I can imagine:3dglasses

Besides, I want to make my 5K on 12/5....
DOLCE its a race/walk through our park district...I will wear my shirt in Disney next month!!!

Great job for sticking it out the full time on the TM! You are on your way!!! :cheer2:

Congratulations on registering! Sound slike you are doing good with your training! :thumbsup2 I don't bother with TVs when I am on the treadmill (which I hate nearly as much as the PP). But I listen to my Disney podcasts on my Ipod. My selection is the DIS Unplugged, WDW Today and WDW Radio Show. :goodvibes

Awesome job!! 4 miles in one hour is just 15 min per mile - so you are already tracking ahead of the pace!! :) Great job!

And I am impressed that you didn't stop...I have to talk myself INTO keeping on going...:rolleyes:

So tried talking myself into stopping at mile 2....3...and 3.5..but went to mile 4 in one hour:)

That is terrific, Diana! If you keep up this pace you ought to be ready to party by 1:00, easily. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: :goodvibes :flower3:

Great job for sticking it out the full time on the TM! You are on your way!!! :cheer2:
It's a mind game I tell you!! All the positive comments really help....part of my reason I started my first ever PTR..I would have to hold myself accountable....and I hoped for the comments to keep me going...as I still have a long way to go.....:grouphug:

Congratulations on registering! Sound slike you are doing good with your training! :thumbsup2 I don't bother with TVs when I am on the treadmill (which I hate nearly as much as the PP). But I listen to my Disney podcasts on my Ipod. My selection is the DIS Unplugged, WDW Today and WDW Radio Show. :goodvibes
I have a Sansa....we dl all our stuff from Rhapsody.....I love your idea!! Last week when I was on the TM (always have my music on) but then they had the Ft Hood Memorial on...I am crying on the TM...the visual of the soldiers boot, rifle and helmet above the photos of the soldiers that lost their life....ugh ..but then it also gave me the determination to keep going and realizing how fortunate I am that I CAN do a 1/2 marathon!

Awesome job!! 4 miles in one hour is just 15 min per mile - so you are already tracking ahead of the pace!! :) Great job!

And I am impressed that you didn't stop...I have to talk myself INTO keeping on going...:rolleyes:
True....but then I think...I have to X this 3...and then 1.1 more....:eek::laughing: Thanks....:)
But then I realized....
A 1/2 marathon is just a 5K race with a 10 mile warm up:cheer2::cheer2::rotfl:

That is terrific, Diana! If you keep up this pace you ought to be ready to party by 1:00, easily. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: :goodvibes :flower3:

Elin, that is my Goal!!!!:yay: Just so happy the party is til 3...otherwise I would just have time for a "sip" and a "taste"...:laughing:
I just hope you and Laura can stay up that late..we will have to plan our day accordingly!

Elin, that is my Goal!!!!:yay: Just so happy the party is til 3...otherwise I would just have time for a "sip" and a "taste"...:laughing:
I just hope you and Laura can stay up that late..we will have to plan our day accordingly!

I figure if you can run/walk at that time of night/morning, I ought to be able to stay awake to greet you. And then to celebrate! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter