which would you do? (late check in)

lovemy3girls

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! DH and I were originally planning on flying in a Wed. morning, checking into WL, and going on to the parks. Well, we were able to use reward points on our flight, but all they had available was Tues. night. So we are landing in Orlando at 10:40 PM Tues., and now we need to add a night. We were thinking about just adding a night to our package at WL, but are afraid we will get a bad room since we are getting there so late. Do they give away all the good rooms first, so the people who check in late are left with slim pickins? If so, we might just book a value resort for that 1 night, but would we be able to check out of their early Wed. morning and right into WL, for our package to start (park hoppers and dining are part of WL package, therefore we have to check into WL to be able to go to the parks, right?) Hope this isn't too confusing.....Thanks for your help!

I checked into our room at CSR last summer at 3AM (delayed flight with 2 little kids - ugh!) and I didn't get my room request but I did get a good room.

I always like just being where I'm going rather than moving. On the positive you may get the room you want and without having to move. If you get a room you really dislike you could always asked to be moved the next day. However if you want to save some money perhaps stay near the airport or at a value as you suggested. The downside to that, besides having to move, is that you may not be able to get into your room until the afternoon and you'd have to trust them to transfer your luggage or it to set in their luggage room...which likely won't be a problem.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. The plus side to adding a night at WL (besides making it easier) is that we could add 1 more night of dining, which means 2 more TS credits, 2 more CS credits, and 2 more snacks......I just thought maybe we could save money and hope for a better room by staying at a value the first night, and switching over the next morning.....anyone else have any experience with this?.....Thanks!

Well if you're going for your anniversary I'm sure you can put those TS credits to good use at a nice restaurant! It is always nice in August to have sit down lunches and dinners just to get out of the heat.

Have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

We've been in this situation a couple of times with the very late arrival at Orlando. We've chosen to stay off site for one night at an inexpensive motel and check in at our WDW resort early the next day. I know it's always a crapshoot about getting your room request, but I figure if I check in early, then all the rooms being vacated that day are available to me, so my chances are better, and it has always worked. We just lived out of our carry-on bags for the one off-site night, so there was no real unpacking to deal with. As it happens, our rooms have been ready for us at check-in, but they would have held our baggage for us for delivery to the room later.

We have this situation for our upcoming trip in July. We will be arriving in Orlando around 7:30PM and did not want to pay for an extra nighty at the Polynesian. Our choice instead was to get a room near downtown Disney (we are staying at the Doubletree) and seeing as your using reward points for the flights any chance you can use reward points for a room for the first night? (Thats why we choose the Doubletree - pleany of HHonors Points for me lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter