Which would you choose?

monkeybug

<font color=blue>I feel safer when I know where th
We are going the week after Thanksgiving and I'm trying to decide between a split stay at the Beach Club and the Poly, or AKL Villas and the Poly.
We've been to the Beach Club but not to stay (visiting family staying there) and my kids weren't super excited by it, but walking to Epcot seems like a pretty sweet bonus! Especially because I feel like we never have enough time to really explore the World Showcase.
We've only been to AKL to eat at Boma, but my kids loved it! There definitely seems to be lots to explore at the resort, and while we do spend the majority of the day at the parks we also plan a day or two just to hang out at our resort. We would stay in a Savannah view room if one is available.
The Poly is non-negotiable because it's everyone's favorite!

I'm not as experienced as many on here (been a lurker for a while), but my GF and I stayed at AK Lodge this past December and absolutely loved it. Between the two of us, it was probably our 7th different resort and it ranks at the top for both of us. Beautifully decorated and a ton of stuff for kids to do. The Christmas tree in the lobby is breathtaking as well. We are staying at the Boardwalk this December simply because we both wanted to try something new and, as you mentioned, being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is awesome.

I would also suggest Sanaa if your kids liked Boma. Maybe my favorite restaurant for the last trip. Have fun!

Last edited:
We're about to go to the Beach Club in a week. AKL is on my bucket list. So is the Poly. I think I'd choose AKL and Poly combo, especially during Thanksgiving time. I would think this seems like a great time to be there, maybe a touch cooler. I like that combo for a split stay.

We have stayed at Beach club before we had kids and loved it but with my kiddos I would probably do AKL and Poly. That seems like a great combo plus the villas are a nice add.

I would go with AKL for the kids! BC does have a great location and maybe next time you go to Disney during the warmer months you can try BC bc of the great pool.

Thanks everyone! It sounds like AKL/Poly is the winner! We've never been while the resorts are decorated for Christmas and I didn't even think about that aspect, plus we will be traveling from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and the theming of those resorts will be a fun change from the frozen north! :goodvibes
Does anyone have recommendations when it comes to Jambo or Kidani? They both seem to be very close in price.

I'm not as experienced as many on here (been a lurker for a while), but me and my GF stayed at AK Lodge this past December and absolutely loved it. Between the two of us, it was probably our 7th different resort and it ranks at the top for both of us. Beautifully decorated and a ton of stuff for kids to do. The Christmas tree in the lobby is breathtaking as well. We are staying at the Boardwalk this December simply because we both wanted to try something new and, as you mentioned, being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is awesome.

I would also suggest Sanaa if your kids liked Boma. Maybe my favorite restaurant for the last trip. Have fun!
Thanks! I've been wanting to try Sanaa but it always seems to get bumped for something else. This time I'm making it a priority to eat there!

Thanks everyone! It sounds like AKL/Poly is the winner! We've never been while the resorts are decorated for Christmas and I didn't even think about that aspect, plus we will be traveling from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and the theming of those resorts will be a fun change from the frozen north! :goodvibes
Does anyone have recommendations when it comes to Jambo or Kidani? They both seem to be very close in price.

We stayed at Jambo and enjoyed it. We got lucky and had a Savannah room (didn't initially pay the extra, of, fifty a night after a tip from a friend to ask if they had any available when you check in.) On the first floor at the very end of the first hallway to your left when you walked in. Visited Kidani when we went to Sanaa and it was gorgeous. Also, might be a better chance at a Savannah view at Kidani?

Both are beautiful and you can't go wrong. If you end up doing Kidani, would definitely recommend a short trip over though to see the Xmas stuff!

We did a Poly/BC split before. It was the best of both worlds IMO. My kids absolutely loved the BC and the pool there. It is now their favorite resort.

We prefer Jambo over Kidani. It's more lively than Kidani IMHO. You can always take the shuttle over to Kidani to swim in the pool, go to the splash pad and eat at Sanaa.

We are Dvc members at Akl. Jambo has more food choices, a larger pool, and very large lobby areas. Kidani has smaller pool, but better slides and huge water play area. Kidani lobby is small, but pretty. IMO, Kidani has better Savannah. MOST IMPORTANTLY to me.... Please consider this ONE resort! You may use amenities at both, you can easily walk between the two, they have a shuttle van that continuously goes back and forth between the two, if you don't want to walk. Stay at whichever side suits your family more, but definitely enjoy both areas! You didn't mention how old your children are, but from your posts, I'm assuming they are not toddlers. That would be the only scenario I would choose Jambo house, just to make it easier for you, with strollers, etc.

For the time of year you are going, I would suggest the BC over the AKL. I understand it may not be warm enough to enjoy the pool, but the location will not be beaten. You stated that you have always wanted to explore the World Showcase and with the Holidays Around the World there will be plenty going on back there to enjoy. I truly enjoy the WS during the holidays. I know you are sold on AKL, but I would consider what parks you plan on visiting and if Epcot would be an option, you have a 5 minute walk to Epcot.

We are Dvc members at Akl. Jambo has more food choices, a larger pool, and very large lobby areas. Kidani has smaller pool, but better slides and huge water play area. Kidani lobby is small, but pretty. IMO, Kidani has better Savannah. MOST IMPORTANTLY to me.... Please consider this ONE resort! You may use amenities at both, you can easily walk between the two, they have a shuttle van that continuously goes back and forth between the two, if you don't want to walk. Stay at whichever side suits your family more, but definitely enjoy both areas! You didn't mention how old your children are, but from your posts, I'm assuming they are not toddlers. That would be the only scenario I would choose Jambo house, just to make it easier for you, with strollers, etc.
This will actually be our first trip without a stroller! My kids are 6, 14, and 11. I really really need to update that profile picture! Lol!

For the time of year you are going, I would suggest the BC over the AKL. I understand it may not be warm enough to enjoy the pool, but the location will not be beaten. You stated that you have always wanted to explore the World Showcase and with the Holidays Around the World there will be plenty going on back there to enjoy. I truly enjoy the WS during the holidays. I know you are sold on AKL, but I would consider what parks you plan on visiting and if Epcot would be an option, you have a 5 minute walk to Epcot.
Yeah, location is definitely the big draw for me to BC! Pools are fun, but we live on a lake and my kids get plenty of time swimming. We will definitely be spending some extra time in the WS on this trip and being able to just stroll over sounds fabulous to me. We literally ran through it on our last trip hitting up our "must-dos" before we had to pile in the car and leave.
I do think my kids will enjoy AKL more though, so I guess it will come down to how selfish I'm feeling when I make the reservations. Lol!

I would stay at Poly/AKL. My kids really want to stay there too, it's on our list!! Since your kids seem excited about it and not so much about BC it's definitely a no brained. Save BC for another trip where they seem more interested!

I'd do BC and Poly, for the first reason you mentioned: after 6 stays (all deluxe), we only stay at EPCOT resorts now because we love walking in and out of the International Gateway and hopping a boat to Hollywood Studios. AK is a lovely resort, but it's just too removed for us.

I apologize if I totally missed this in your posts but are you looking for a studio or a 1bdr? If a studio, then I don't think that it matters, as the two resorts are very close in proximity and feel, although I personally slightly prefer Jambo as I love the grand lobby, multiple food options, and large gift shop. If you are staying in a 1bdr then I highly recommend Kidani for the two bathrooms, we stayed in one in November and it was such a beautiful room and the extra bathroom was awesome.

I apologize if I totally missed this in your posts but are you looking for a studio or a 1bdr? If a studio, then I don't think that it matters, as the two resorts are very close in proximity and feel, although I personally slightly prefer Jambo as I love the grand lobby, multiple food options, and large gift shop. If you are staying in a 1bdr then I highly recommend Kidani for the two bathrooms, we stayed in one in November and it was such a beautiful room and the extra bathroom was awesome.
I just went to look and it's the 1 bedroom we would be staying in. I didn't even notice there was a difference between it and the studio! I guess I should actually read the room descriptions and not just look at the prices? Lol! Two bathrooms would be very nice in the mornings!

I'm another one who would say Poly/BC. While AKL is a beautiful resort and does have a huge tree in the lobby, BC decorates much more and the walk to Epcot can't be beat. You would have the best of both worlds with the monorail to MK from Poly and the walk to Epcot and HS from BC. We did a split stay with AKV (Jambo 1 bedroom Savannah view) and BWV one year and while we enjoyed it, we were only at AKV for 2 nights, which worked out perfect for us. You have to bus to AK no matter what resort you stay at, so we used one of the days for our AK day. AK tree
1szoKU7LWZlw3njqdsImy9pdsVV2y_hhQPjSFk0SVAr1t-bURatCv-XfNwQt52HfeNX88XCijOxG_4e3NzgyjUgGidMnY1eZr0pO4ywPaVKqkMMyTI8jXpA4EcETw2qEJxqIhr7TqPWJiYvISL-XFUy0fqNyo97GhW4Rb5AJgxhMaEFqzC_rJJra4yTcf73glNBbh8ASghrYvZpgWrkn6xtc_dYfocampdXHT9pOpw2zgfSSin0l3AjokWIgF7c_oPUxleTiXoSnXHfmeHt1TydogxiGhSlVSqC5CDzeFCMJ6eWdWiW0vEbUtlhfqoEtXDd-qsHmvQajJZq4JQdrYf0-wf7WsDioUz8wEFeQeMJOhe9pPdLUg8DX3ykbBiuNX2wiyYt06N8F9M5bSNJruzEkKe6yjh8Yb7H8vSYftrZIOA8NgdwKZ9nQwcL1-2d6rS8uCCSTd7RLG6UF9eUH8XFuu4o9oLVhu6SOlALHLOPA1B30tTub9b4P-tToOWO5iV4X6bol-2exqDccTt7oJLBXHoXmpZFyUtP4TAtQOA4RLLk811Tu4_PU_AewtzHBUXtFmcnOP_GgtQ6MW9WgXA5G_W8DezEgGN36jXzIje5Yi2fMDtoJ=w360-h638-no

BC lobby
sVYZSMDlrD0f47Hw0J5gA3f9EvP_-PQCb-_e02gMZA8Aa1J5O2Pmvga6yUqzWyzmenzctI70JEZj8qfZheppmaxVth_ncVYXQEf1jWXDRg-RyMIUw6hXMei1OKpKRK3_EIEij7L8E9Myo_R5Dx3GxBIoOBTVVbNwT1G7pbf9jOhNMgUVRsa-GdAmVXhE7d4Kd2pdAy1BwT_B_LzZ0H_CYg2v8Orq7OIctpE2x_eNslacC252fUnlch6-X5AbfKArKtNK_dvq2GstSAJP53GSmqGofivgK8YZKm-koI6tFJjgabOOsQarfSE4QPct5H4zfF5R6WWe30wlwXoyFUa1Q5_q1BmWpBXYxooLX-jVkSUMWk99zH7flLw_oB-bdu_6GU2uSUX2W4DQsT5QbLIeKNymLIIvvuP4i_9nAu3x0Jt9XW7iIhJaFwymCs8Ung-XaZgFA2DhvDNj_ILYj-iTHQrx75tDrKkgJ1cu1v7n8eppzNKQeT5PWHufX568BuhfVZJQGhzHESG-9q6I45GLsf1lv3d8oHdL9cMfgAPBI1cGybdNz5btfAojCu_C0EKalzsjyICrsXphv4_2RtNrdAcgW9sIT7NmE4lOLmBYGG2ggF_h6C7m=w1134-h638-no

I just went to look and it's the 1 bedroom we would be staying in. I didn't even notice there was a difference between it and the studio! I guess I should actually read the room descriptions and not just look at the prices? Lol! Two bathrooms would be very nice in the mornings!

If you are looking at a 1br then I would absolutely do the split stay with Kidani, as much as I love the Beach Club you will get so much more with a Kidani 1bdr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter