Which would you choose? Rack Rate WL or AAA BWI?

BeccaGrace

Reads Disney Menus When She's Sad
I decided to stop planning in terms of the AP codes that may or may not be available in August/September and just decide on a room-only ressie now to make this trip more real for me...I sent my top 3 choices to Dream Unlimited and the only one I could get AAA discount for a standard room was BWI. Tax included AAA rate (and a 3rd adult charge) was $305 a night for BWI or I could go with rack rate at WL (plus 3rd adult charge)...which would you choose? Here are my pros & cons for each...any to add?

Pro for WL:
Theme
Price
Boat to MK

Con for WL:
Other park transportation
Smallest Deluxe rooms

Pro for BWI:
Location (Dining, Activities)
Easy Transportation to Epcot & MGM

Con for BWI:
Transportation to MK
The drapes I've seen in all the pics online (the blue and white ones) get on my nerves--yes, this is a very silly con!
Price

Thanks...I swear I will pick a resort by the end of March!

BWI for sure :) The Boardwalk area hotels are by far our favorites ~ you just can't beat being able to walk or take the boats to MGM and Epcot. Since you mention 3 adults in your party, I would think you would be spending more time at these parks than at the MK. The many restaurants in the area is such a plus also.

BWI all the way. I know that WL is considered a deluxe, but it's at the bottom of the list price wise and not as deluxe as the BWI, the amenities aren't exactly the same....correct this if I'm wrong please! You can walk from BWI to Epcot and MGM or take the boat to both. I love this area, it's where we stay all the time.

I'm sorry--Can someone tell me why this got moved to the code/rate board when my post is asking about the merits between the two resorts and isn't about really about the codes? I have a feeling I'm going to have lots of comparison posts and don't want to put them on the wrong board but I really thought comparing the two should be a resorts post. If price comes up does it automatically belong here?

We stayed at BWI this past Christmas and loved everything about it but especially once you leave the lobby it's very quiet. I would think at WL the majority of hotel rooms being open to the lobby that you would hear noise while in the room. I like it quiet at night since I'm a very light sleeper when on vacation. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter