Which week is best for IOA and US?

ahill004

DIS Veteran
We are used to early September crowds so we have definitely been spoiled with walk-ons for all the rides. This year we are either going in November or December. Please help us decide! We are looking at Halloween weekend through early November, the week before Thanksgiving or one of the two early December weeks. Our first priority is low crowds! But we would love to see Christmas decorations or Halloween ones! We would also love to see Seussland decorated with the Whos (do they still do that)?? Thoughts? Advice?

We are used to early September crowds so we have definitely been spoiled with walk-ons for all the rides. This year we are either going in November or December. Please help us decide! We are looking at Halloween weekend through early November, the week before Thanksgiving or one of the two early December weeks. Our first priority is low crowds! But we would love to see Christmas decorations or Halloween ones! We would also love to see Seussland decorated with the Whos (do they still do that)?? Thoughts? Advice?
I would recommend early December so you can the Christmas decorations and enjoy the holiday festivities. Crowds are low and the weather is usually beautiful! You won't see many Halloween decorations at the Studios since only the largest props are left out for HHN.

I would stick with early December.

So the week before Thanksgiving won't have decorations up? I thought crowds might be lower in November the week before thanksgiving? Is there a big difference in weather?

i think the christmas decorations go up nov 3rd.

i read that in a thread recently but also have heard that they go up in november.

i dunno for sure but metro would.

the end of october would have more crowds than the early december dates.
the halloween decorations are for hhn in the studios.

you can see lots of pumpkins in one area, but other than that, it's not the traditional halloween decorations in the park/studio side.

i would go in the beginning of december for the lowest crowds.
the weather could be cool or not.
too hard to say at this point with it being 3.5 months out.

early november after halloween is a low period in the parks.
it is great in that first week of november.

So the week before Thanksgiving won't have decorations up? I thought crowds might be lower in November the week before thanksgiving? Is there a big difference in weather?
Christmas decorations go up in early November but Christmas activities don't start until the first weekend of December. If you want to see Grinchmas or the Macy's Holiday parade, going in November is not going to work for you. Anytime you get close to a major holiday, the crowds will gradually increase...the week before Thanksgiving is no exception. The crowds are still relatively low but higher than early December. Weather isn't a lot different but December is well past hurricane season and the chances of a tropical storm or high humidity is very low. But...that time of year is very hard to predict weather wise.

Ok - im convinced that last week in October is not the right week!
We would love to see the who's dressed up in Seussland so that may sway us toward early December. But I read on the Disney thread that early December has gotten much busier than it used to be and the week before thanksgiving (not the week of thanksgiving but the one before it) is actually much lower crowds. Are both weeks equally low for universal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter