Which week at Christmas is busy?

atisikitabasket

Mom Always Said I was a Little Off
Ok will the week of Dec 17-22 be when it gest busy or will it be Dec. 23-30 when it gets busy.

We are going Dec. 15-21 and wanted to know what to expect crowd wise.

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing? It is my understanding that alot of the public schools across the country get out between the 19th (Wed) and 21st (Fr). If that is the case I would think that it will not be to crowded before the 21st and each day after that leading up to Christmas day it will get busier.

I hope you're right, I booked 12th to 22nd thinking I'd still get the quiet end of the scale, here's hoping:wizard:

We have been to WDW in Dec a few times and the crowds come in just before the hotel season changes. I think that date is Tues or Wed the 18th or 19th. If you check in during value season you get to stay at that rate all through your X-mas stay. HTH :)

We went last year the week of Christmas and New Years.

We loved seeing the decorations! Everything was beautiful. We toured some resorts...loved it!

It was BUSY! Crazy Crowded!! Something we wanted to enjoy once. We missed a lot of our favorite rides for the first time ever!
We would never go at that time again.

It was COLD, to cold for me in Florida!

Last Dec. we were there the 16th-23rd. Compared to what we are used to I thought the crowds were crazy. It only got worse the closer to Christmas. We went the week after Thanksgiving in 2005 and this was a great week. Everyone who didnt want to take their kids out of school had been there the week before and it wasnt crowded at all. We walked on to many rides.

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

DW and I always go early for two reasons - arrive a day before the holiday price hike and get the parks out the way before the crowds. The crowds from the 18th-23rd are very manageable - use the Ultimate Guide's touring plans and you will have no problems. From the 24th on, crowds are ginormous :scared1:

Then we spend from the 25th on avoiding the parks like the plague.

So those of you travelling the 15th-24th, no problem and say hi when you see me!!! Any other Christmas related questions?? Let me know!!!

:santa: :banana: :santa: :banana: :santa: :banana:

Devil Dog: Any suggestions on the easiest way to travel from Resort to Resort to view all the different Holiday decorations---without driving to them in your own vehicle?

Devil Dog: Any suggestions on the easiest way to travel from Resort to Resort to view all the different Holiday decorations---without driving to them in your own vehicle?

Without driving? The easiest place to start would be to take a bus from your resort and go to the MK. Then hop on the resort monorail and you can visit the Poly, GF and CR no problem. Then while you are there, take a water launch to WL.

From WL, you will need to take a bus and transfer at either a theme park or DTD. If you want to play roulette, take the first bus to come along, get off at whatever park or DTD, then get on the first resort bus you see. Then repeat the procedure.

OR, wait for a bus to MGM (or any central stop for that matter, but MGM provides closer access), then grab one of their water launches (or you could walk - about a mile and a half) and you can visit Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Yacht and Beach club hotels. Then perhaps do the resort bus roulette.

Another thing to consider and maybe look into is schedules of entertainment. Last year at CBR they had a steel drum band from a local high school performing in the days leading up to Christmas and one night when we went to dinner at WCC at WL there was a group of high school bell ringers. If you can time it, you can see the show in addition to the decorations.

Have fun!!! :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Devil Dog: Great ideas. I love the idea about going to the MK and riding the monorail to the 3 monorail resorts and then take the ferry to WL and then doing the resorts near MGM and Epcot. That is a great way to see alot in a reasonable amount of time. Thanks for the information.

The week between Christmas and New Years is crazy. We were there this year from Dec. 22 to Jan. 2. The few days before Christmas were great, even Christmas Eve in the morning at MK was manageable. Later in the day was very crowded, and the three days after Christmas were out of control-- MK closed for capacity a few times. We had some non-park days and went to Epcot and MGM (by choice, not because of capacity). Definitely plan on getting to the parks at opening and grabbing fast passes. We spent New Years Day in Epcot and it was quite nice--we arrived bright and early though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter