Which way should I go George?

elfling8

Mouseketeer
I'll be by myself at MK in the morning 7/19, so all my FP are after 2pm when my DH gets to the park. Our FP are SM 2:55, SDMT 5:30, BTMR 7:45

Peter Pan is one of my favorite rides, but also want to try to hit Splash (priority since it isn't DH's favorite), JC, POTC and HM before the lines get long (wouldn't mind sneaking in another SDMT as it was under construction last time we were there!) I have an 8:10am ADR at BOG with park opening at 9. Should I start with PP then head toward the others? Lots of walking between all these rides too. What are your suggestions for how to tackle this? Any of them tend to have lower lines in the evening DH and I can fit between FP?

If PP is your favorite then that's where I would go ... for some reason that ride always has long waits. That might negate your being able to do an "extra" 7DMT" but you already have a fast pass. After PP I would head over to Splash then hit the others on that side of the park ... Haunted Mansion gets pretty crowded later in the day so morning might be better. For some reason POC has never been a problem for us to ride standby ... the lines have never been as bad as others ... and we're there during Spring Break and Christmas Week. Once we hit the biggies and the lines start growing we head for the train or the People Mover for some relaxation. Have fun and pace yourself ... it's gonna be a hot one!

As Moms said, I'd start with PP then instead of Splash I'd head for Haunted Mansion since it's the closest. Then just work you way around to Splash, POTC and Jungle Cruise. Unless you hit SDMT right at park opening there are still going to be lines.

Both PP and 7DMT will get long lines at rope drop. Pick the one you most want to do. Since you do have a FP for 7DMT then perhaps PP is the right choice. PP is also my DW's favorite ride so that is our rope drop destination.

After PP you can wander down to HM, then Splash, PoTC, and JC.

I would do PP, HM, Splash, JC, then Pirates....I think the line for JC builds faster than the line for pirates does and if you have to wait in line the cue for pirates is more interesting/in AC - you may even want to watch wait times and do PP, HM, JC, Pirates, and then Splash. I feel like the Splash line builds slower than the others, but then again - we usually go in the fall so there isn't as high a demand for Splash (because of temperatures) in the earlier part of the morning!

I would go straight to PP, then double back to Adventureland, and do JC, POTC, Splash, then HM. The lines for the latter ones don't build as quickly. You should be able to get through those pretty quickly.

One idea- save Pirates for the end of your morning line-up. If you'd like a cute and fun activity, go to the Pirates Adventure- Treasures of the Seven Seas. If you complete two maps, you can earn a FP for Pirates. It opens at noon and each map only takes about 10 minutes. We thought it was really cute!

Thanks everyone - I'll be writing down a plan of attack based of this before I go! I was thinking PP first as well since the lines get so long and I will already be in Fantasy land for early breakfast. Pirates later for the AC sounds like a plan, though the map thing sounds cute. Maybe we could do that once DH arrives and get the FP. 2 more days until we leave!!!!

Last edited:
I'll be by myself at MK in the morning 7/19, so all my FP are after 2pm when my DH gets to the park. Our FP are SM 2:55, SDMT 5:30, BTMR 7:45

Peter Pan is one of my favorite rides, but also want to try to hit Splash (priority since it isn't DH's favorite), JC, POTC and HM before the lines get long (wouldn't mind sneaking in another SDMT as it was under construction last time we were there!) I have an 8:10am ADR at BOG with park opening at 9. Should I start with PP then head toward the others? Lots of walking between all these rides too. What are your suggestions for how to tackle this? Any of them tend to have lower lines in the evening DH and I can fit between FP?
We found PP is an easy ride at rope drop if you walk past all the people taking pictures. We had it as a fast pass for a later day but changed it because you don’t have to waste a fast pass on it. We also found that Aerial ( not sure if I spelled that right ) is an easy meet and greet if you go at rope drop and walk straight there. We were the FIRST in line ! We got there and thought we were waiting in line and the cast member said no come on in. It was great the kids got to spend more time with her because no one else was there ! Also we got GREAT pictures in front of the Castle stage with no one around. And we didn’t run past everyone we just kept walking when everyone was stopping to take pics we weaved around and found it was like our own extra magic hour lol. Idk how many days you’ll be there, but on your way to your first rides the first day you can see what else has short morning line you won’t need FP for. I would check the Disney App and see what has the short wait times while in line at PP then the next day go to those. I think 7DMT fills up Fast so that’s usually worth a FP. Have Fun and Good Luck with Short Lines !

Since you have a pre-park opening ADR at BOG, you can get into MK at 7:40. Head straight to BOG (they’ll seat you right away regardless of actual ADR time). We were once the very first people to check in for BOG breakfast and got a set of Anytime FPs as a result - YMMV, of course, but worth a shot. Be sure to pre-order to streamline your whole experience. Finish up at BOG by 8:35 or so and they will let you form a line for 7DMT. Usually they will let PPO BOG folks start riding around 8:45-8:55. In the past we’ve gotten in several rides before 9:00. Just before 9, head towards Peter Pan. There will be a small crowd there (from BOG) waiting to get in line. Once the park officially opens, you can walk on Peter Pan and still be way ahead of the rope drop crowd for whatever you ultimately decide to do next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!