Which to choose?

Jennie4647

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are planning to have dinner at AKL whilst there in October this year. I would like to check out AKL for a booking next year, will we be OK to just wander around for a while? If I make a PS for 7.00ish can we turn up earlier and nose around?

Also, anyone help me decide which PS to make - Boma or Jiko? They both look very good. We are a family of 4, 2 children who will be 10 & 7 - anyone got any views?

Many thanks,

Jennie

That's exactly what we did Jennie, made a 7pm PS for Boma and arrived around 5.30 to look around and see the savannahs, and allow time for the superb cocktails at the bar. The only thing you can't do, as with all Disney hotels, is use the pool if you're a non resident.

We were really impressed with Boma, fabulous food, child friendly with a "grown up" civilised atmosphere, if you get my drift!! Our girls were 12, 9 and 5 when we visited in February.

Others who have eaten at Jiko highly recommend that restaurant too, hopefully one day we can try that out too. Just make your PS in plenty of time as both restaurants are very popular!!

We really enjoyed Boma's too and my two of 6 and 10 thought it was great! The food was delicious and really different.

We all got there early too, so had a chance to look around everywhere. We did have to wait about 20/30 minutes after the allotted time for our PS.

Hope you have fun! :)

I thought that Jiko was one of the best restaurants in WDW.
Boma looked fun too, but a liitle more relaxed and crowded.
Jiko is a very classy restaurant, obviously the downside is that it is very expensive.

I would say that if you are after a sophisticated dining experience, choose Jiko. If you are looking for a fun buffet with good food, choose Boma.

Kev

I will book a PS for Boma at 7.00pm and arrive early. Astrid & Fiona, our little ones are similar in age so its nice to know that your children enjoyed it. Can't wait to go now, next year we are hoping to have a week at AKL and a week on the beach. I assume Boma is 120 day ahead for PSs and from what I can gather it is very popular. Kevin I think Jiko may be a bit too upmarket for my brood, sounds like a nice night out for me and hubby on our own? Fiona, did you get a 3 hours pass when you arrived? I was wondering about using the valet parking and staying at AKL from about 5.00ish to 10.00ish? Thank you all for your help.

Jennie

Jennie,

I'm sure you'll love Bomas and can only agree with all that's been said so far.

Just a warning about visiting. We weren't advised on making our PS that photo ID is an absolute must at AKL and we nearly didn't get in on our visit! They accepted our resort ID after a discussion.

Re 5 hour parking, they didn't impose any time limit on our stay once we did get in and there was easy and close parking near to the entrance (though that was March).

HTHs

Dave,

Thats for that, I would hate to get there and be turned away. I'll make sure that my DH takes his driving licence - his has a photo on it - that should do the trick.

Jennie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter