Which Ticket to buy?

C

candyht

I was checking out the Disneyland web site and I noticed there are only 2 types of tickets available One day tickets and a 4 day Park Hoppers. Do the Park Hoppers have an expiration date? I don't plan on going to Diisneyland again anytime soon, after our upcoming Feb. trip. A 2 day Park Hopper would be perfect for us.

The Disneyland/DCA park hoppers do have an expiration date, unlike the WDW hoppers. Unfortunately, there seems to be some confusion about when they expire. It's either 13 days after purchase, or two years. (I know, makes no sense.) You'll get a different story depending on who you ask.

I agree with you -- I wish they would sell a 2-day park hopper. That would be perfect for most people. Disney is nuts thinking many people will really spend 4 days in a row at Disneyland/DCA. The parks are great, but there isn't 4 days worth of stuff to do, IMO.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

The way to tell when your tickets expire is to check the back. Some say 'valid 13 days after first use', others say 'expires month/year'. We bought tickets at a DLResort that didn't expire for 2 years. I think some of the promotional tickets (get an extra day free, that sort of thing) may expire 13 days after first use. The trick would be to ASK where you're buying your tickets when they expire. The info should be readily available on the back of the ticket.

We got a 4-day hopper (adult) and a 3-day (child) last weekend and they both have an expiration date on them. Actually, I am still in Hawaii and they are safely packed away but I think that one expires in Dec. and the other in January. Doesn't make much sense to me but I doubt if we will be able to use them anyway.

I am confirming again that depending on the ticket, they do expire at difference times. One promotion going on right now is for a 3 or 4 day hopper pass that doesn't expire for 2 years. They also had several other ticket options. The 3 or 4 day pass doesn't offer early entry unless of course you stay on site. If you are going to use in 2 years, they are a good deal for an adult only group. There are other specials for children and Southern Californian specials.
I don't have the exact details of these.

Jenn

so the big question is........when do you buy your tickets?
online it says that the 3 day w/ 4th day free is only available online....not
at the ticket booths.......
:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter