Which terminal at port of New York

evedein

Mouseketeer
First time DCL cruiser. For those who have left from the Port of New York, how do you know which terminal your ship is docked at? Does DCL notify you in advance or do you figure it out when you get there?

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
We left out of Pier 88 last year. We took transfers from our hotel to the pier so don’t know about parking at the pier.

• zippyfan34

Earning My Ears
    Going to piggyback off this cruisers question and ask about Port Arrival Times. What is the earliest PAT in New York? The earliest I got when I did the online check in was noon-12:30. I think when we left our of Port Canaveral a couple years ago it was 10:30 or 11. Didn't know if the earlier ones were already taken or if they just start later in New York with the smaller ship (last time we went was on the Fantasy).

disruptor32

Earning My Ears
    Can you walk into the port from a close hotel or is it drive in only?
    Yes, you can. I live in NYC and took a DCL cruise out of the port in 2016. We just walked over from the subway. As for knowing which exact pier it is, I remember just looking for the Magic and going to the nearest door, and when a port worker asked which ship I was on, they directed me to the right entrance.

dwg

Earning My Ears
    We have sailed out of NY several times. If you are driving to the Terminal they will tell you the pier number when you arrive. Make sure that you remember where you park because the ship may not return to the same pier and you may have to walk over to the next pier to get your car.

• msmama

DIS Veteran
    Can you walk into the port from a close hotel or is it drive in only?
    It's walkable. I walked (slowly, it was during the heatwave) from Times square to the port area (the Intrepid next door) and it took maybe 15 minutes. I've stayed at hotels closer to the terminal. There's a Holiday Inn Express a couple blocks away that is quite nice.

To the OP, the port really isn't that big - I mean, big enough for a couple of cruise ships, but less than a NY block, I'd say, between ships.

sunmoon620

Mouseketeer
    We just took an uber to the port, told the driver which ship we were on and he just brought us to the correct pier. They take this route all the time and the Disney Ship is quite obvious...LOL!

zippyfan34

Earning My Ears
    We just took an uber to the port, told the driver which ship we were on and he just brought us to the correct pier. They take this route all the time and the Disney Ship is quite obvious...LOL!
    Did you do an Uber after and if so how much was it? I was thinking about doing that after the cruise to get back to our hotel in north Bergen New Jersey as the earliest the hotel could pick me up is 10.

• fredandkell

I'd rather be cruising
    I don't know what pier we leave from in NYC, but all I know is I'm ready to go on my trip!!! Hurry up September!

sunmoon620

Mouseketeer
    Did you do an Uber after and if so how much was it? I was thinking about doing that after the cruise to get back to our hotel in north Bergen New Jersey as the earliest the hotel could pick me up is 10.
    Yes we used Uber to get to the airport. However, that was a little different. We walked across the street with out luggage because there was not a really convenient way to have an Uber pick us up directly from the port. Too chaotic with buses etc. We just Rolled our luggage with us across the highway and summoned the uber from the cross street. Worked fine!

sunmoon620

Mouseketeer
    I don't remember the price, but you can go on the Uber website and get an estimate.

fredandkell

I'd rather be cruising
    Yes we used Uber to get to the airport. However, that was a little different. We walked across the street with out luggage because there was not a really convenient way to have an Uber pick us up directly from the port. Too chaotic with buses etc. We just Rolled our luggage with us across the highway and summoned the uber from the cross street. Worked fine!
    Were there taxis waiting in a line like most DCL ports?

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!

CASTAWAY CAY PHOTOS

DECK PLANS

STATEROOMS

ITINERARIES