Which Side of the Ship???

Mommy Poppins

DIS Veteran
Do I want cabin 8032 or 8532? I'm sure both sides are beautiful, but does anyone have any other info, input or reference as far as docking, etc?

It really does not matter....some may have a preference but in every port the ship docks a different way and even at CC the ship could either back in or pull in so the view can be different than what you had expected....

Sometimes I have difficulty reserving one of my preferred staterooms on the starboard side - Thus, I am inclined to think starboard is more popular with cruisers....

IMO, since the ship backs into Castaway Cay most of the time, you get a better view from your stateroom from the starboard side....

If you select the StarBoard side (right), then you will get a nice view of CC IF the ship backs into CC. If they pull in forward, then Port (left) would give you a nice view.

Assuming you dock at CC! Ports are not guarenteed.

Starboard does seem to give you a better shot of a view at most ports. That being said, we are chosing port next cruise after having starboard last cruise. We are hoping this will increase our chances of SHADE during the safety drill.

HooKooDooKu said:
If you select the StarBoard side (right), then you will get a nice view of CC IF the ship backs into CC. If they pull in forward, then Port (left) would give you a nice view.
I ALWAYS prefer the INside of the ship as to being off of the ship!! ;)

Not that it really matters, but we were on starboard side on our first cruise, and have booked the same for our upcoming one. I think that you'll have some beautiful views from both sides, and of course if you happen to not be able to see from the side you choose, there's always the secret decks.

We were on the port side and had the view of St. Maarten and St. Thomas when we were docked and anchored respectively. We had the view of the ocean and docking activities on CC (i.e. we were backed in and not facing the main beach part of the island).

We were Port side (left) We look at Nassua in port which was nice but didn't look at much at cc....next time I think we will try starboard..
Even though we had a verandah I dont' think I would really care which side I was on the view is great either way and most of the time we were out and about anyway.

We just got off the Wonder today and had stateroom 7554 Starboard side. We watched the fireworks from our verandah on Tuesday night (pirate night). Very cool.

We've been on both the Eastern and Western intineraries of the 7-day and prefer the port (left side). It's really personaly preference. We like to be on the side that is docking and watch the captain from our Verandah as he brings us in.

On our recent Western, we were on the starboard side and had a beautiful view of CC. But for some crazy reason, both of us commented on not being able to see the dock! Just personal preference!

03 we had a verandah on the port side
we watched the latecomers get onboard the ship after our day at Castaway Cay - saw the characters from our verandah etc. there was 1 lady who waited for everyone else to board ship so she could say she was the last one on!
Next Aug we're reserved on the starboard side - going to Castaway Cay twice - maybe each time they'll dock on different sides!

We just got back Sunday and were in 8000 and my parents were in 7568.
They had much better views in port. We couldn't get any pic's from our room of CC. But, in Nassau when the other ships cleared out we did get a nice view of town and the shops (if you like that kind of stuff). I was NOT impressed with Nassau at all. I wish they would figure out somewhere else to go ... Maybe CC for 2 days :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter