Which shows have you recently ditched from your TIVO?

This Is Us, The Great Indoors, Superior Donuts (which I stuck with for all of five minutes), and Speechless have gotten the ax. Family Guy and Bob's Burgers are both hanging by a thread. And last week, for the first time since I started watching it, I considered moving Black-ish to the "hanging by a thread" category. That show is awesome WHEN it's firing on all cylinders, like the recent election episode or the riot episode from last season. The rest of the time it's just kind of dull, and Dre's constant whining and over-thinking everything just wear on me.

I think Girls is the show I see as most commonly hate watched. Lena Dunham and Co seem to cause a visceral reaction in many people.

Better Call Saul for me. Loved Breaking Bad and watched the first season of Saul and half of the second season, and then gave up on it. I know it's not supposed to be compared to Breaking Bad, but it's hard not to have high expectations of it.

I also gave up on the Strain. Missed this last season and am not compelled to watch it.

Still watching Homeland, though it's a bit slow moving for me now. Watched all of Westworld and didn't care for it, but finished it because I was committed to it. Won't watch season 2.

Hate watch: Watching a show you vehemently dislike just so you can wallow in how bad it is and how much you hate it. @Paula Sedley-Burke would you agree that sums it up?:)

I've never used or considered this term, but I also hate watched the first 5 minutes of The Young Pope. I knew it would not hold my interest longer than that, and it turns out even 5 minutes was a stretch! I dont' think I could have hate watched 2 whole epsiodes, lol

I think Girls is the show I see as most commonly hate watched. Lena Dunham and Co seem to cause a visceral reaction in many people.

Good point. I won't say I hate watch it, exactly, but I did realize about halfway through season 2 that there is not a single character I like. I still somewhat enjoy the show -- or at least, I'm committed to the premise of finishing -- but it's one of the only shows I watch where I have no desire to hang out with a single character on it.

Once Upon a Time is hanging by a thread. I'm not sure we'll watch when it starts back up. The only reason we've held on so long is that it's one that dh and I watch together and both enjoyed originally. Grimm would be gone if it weren't already going...we'll watch the last few to "finish it up." The Great Indoors is horrible, but I love Joel McHale, so it's still hanging on.

:teeth: Wow - I'm doing it regularly and not even knowing it's a "thing"!! There are a couple of shows we never miss an episode of, but due to the completely reprehensible nature and shockingly disgusting conduct of ever single character on them, I mostly just seethe at the screen for an hour. :furious: The two that spring immediately to mind are Scandal and Suits.

My daughter and I loved Suits when it first came out. I can't remember when we finally just gave up on it because it was making us mad every episode, but I didn't even realize that it's still on.

My daughter and I loved Suits when it first came out. I can't remember when we finally just gave up on it because it was making us mad every episode, but I didn't even realize that it's still on.
Yeah, we just binged the entire series on Netflix. There are actually quite a few shows now though where the "heros" are actually (objectively speaking) despicable, lying, cheating, conniving sacks. I wonder where we turned the corner to find that behaviour charming and admirable...:scratchin

On the flip-side, I also just finished bingeing "Call the Midwife". :goodvibes Every minute of every episode was 100% edifying, even though it certainly wasn't all sunshine and roses. If you know of anything else like it, please let me know. (There are 2 more seasons that haven't dropped yet on Canadian Netflix - I can't wait!!! :hyper: )

I also hate watched the first 5 minutes of The Young Pope

I actually watched the entire series. I didn't love it but I had zero idea of where it was going. In that respect it was entertaining. Last I heard it was kind of undecided as whether there'd be a second season.

Last edited:

Still enjoying Suits, but it is losing steam.

JMHO. Well... me, DH, my sister, two of my friends... but this is obviously SOOO subjective. I will say that there are also many negative comments about this season on their FB page... I don't think we're the only ones. Such a disappointment. :(

I'm really sorry to hear that. I've seen it all up through last season and enjoyed it. But I don't have Showtime so never watch the new season until it's over and out on DVD.

I ditched Quantico and Bull. Quantico was too far fetched for me to suspend my disbelief about reality and just go with it. Bull lasted 3 episodes bc it felt like I was watching Dr. Tony DiNozzo, jury expert.

Supernatural. Have watched it for seven years weekly and before that, binged on the previous seasons (we are on 12 now). I just don't care at all anymore. I am going through the motions. I'll catch up someday.

I find that quite annoying as well. I've stuck with How To Get Away with Murder. But ditched Quantico last season for that reason. Just too much work for the payoff.

I liked that how to get away with murder also. That was worth a little brain matter.

I agree! That one is worth the payoff. It's one of the only shows I actually sit down and watch without trying to do other stuff at the same time.

Indeed. Now if only we can raise the dead on The Good Wife... My life will be complete..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter