Which rides are open when it is rainy too hard and in an electric storm?

Many of them. In MK - Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Laugh Floor, Haunted Mansion, Its a small world, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pans Flight (there may be others) and all of the shows.

EDITED: I removed Jungle Cruise - that was a mistake I meant Pirates of the Caribbean. (they are both in a boat. :))

Last edited:

We rode Jungle cruise right before a big storm blew in. It was just turning dark and so scary and fun. The wind blowing through the trees added a spooky factor to the ride. I will add that they were closing it when we got off.

In our experience, a rainy day is best spent almost anywhere but Animal Kingdom. It's too spread out, and so many of the attractions are outdoors. But if it's where you are and a quick storm comes up, consider Festival of the Lion King or Finding Nemo if you can get in.

Epcot is a great choice, since almost all of the front half is indoors (with the exception of Test Track.) And once you hit World Showcase, there's lots to do indoors.

The Magic Kingdom has so many choices! From Monsters Laugh Floor to Buzz to Carousel of Progress to Hall of Presidents to Haunted Mansion to Pirates of the Caribbean, throw on a poncho and go!

Rain doesn’t close much. Test Track and sometimes Jungle Cruise close in the rain. Outdoor entertainment involving costumes/people are cancelled in rain or if the stage is too wet to be safe. Indiana Jones is abbreviated in bad weather- only the parts under the shelter are done.

Lightening within so many miles closes/cancels everything that is outside, regardless of whether it’s raining. If this happens, the best thing to do is find shelter. Lightening kills multiple people every year in Florida.

Generally when its raining, any ride that is outdoors may be closed (7DMT, Everest, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, Test Track, Splash mountain, Autopia) Not sure if Safari runs in the rain, haven't been in that part of the park in the rain. If the ride is indoors and the que is outside, the ride should still be running.

In the summer afternoon thunderstorms are really common almost everyday. The rain comes in hard and fast, but ends pretty quickly. I like going on Pirates when that happens. I got in line just as it started to pour and by the time I waited in line and road the storm had passed. It also has a completely indoor line so you don't have to worry about the rain in there either.

Pirates is nice in the rain. Surprisingly Space Mountain closes in the lightning, even though it is indoors. There's not a lot of rides for the thrill seekers in the rain/thunder/lightning storms sadly, but for the kiddos, pooh, pirates, buzz, all fun! At Epcot, SE and Soarin' baby, living with the land too. RNRC at HS, and honestly not too much at AK, Dino is up.

Even indoor rides can be closed during exceptionally heavy long rain/flooding.

Once we waded (water was 1”-8” deep in Furureworld) from Buzz (after riding a few times) to Laugh Floor and it was closed due to flooding in the street in front of Laugh Floor :confused3
IIRC Space was closed then, too.

If it's an electrical storm, you seriously should not be running from attraction to attraction. Central Fl is the lightning capital of the nation. Disney will not be responsible if you are struck. People do get struck by lightning in Fl more than you realize. As the saying goes, when thunder roars.....head indoors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter