Which Restaurants do I NEED to make PS before leaving?

tinkerbeth

Goin' back soon!!
Hi everyone....

I'm planning my trip for August, and I've made the HDH and Poly Luau PS. Which other restaurants at WDW do I need to make PS for if I want to get to them? I'm not interested in the Cinderella breakfast - luckily ds doesn't give a rip about Cinderella. :)

Which ones are not to be missed?? i'm planning one sit-down meal per day but I don't want my plans to be too inflexible before I check the place out.

THANKS!! YOu guys are the greatest. This is a million times better than any tour book! :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

do Crystal Palace for Breakky! The food is good and you can't beat seeing Pooh, and the Gang!

I would also suggest Chef Mickey's for Dinner one night! It's a fun place!

Go to Allears.net to check out all the restaurants and their menus! It's a good place to start!

Happy Planning!

Scratch
pirate:

Which restaurants do you want to eat at?

What time are you planning to eat?

How many people are in your party?

Except for a very few restaurants (Marrakesh, Akershus) you are better off at almost all park restaurants with a PS if you are looking to eat at "dinner time." The larger your party, the harder it will be to walk in.

Also, the popular resort restaurants often fill - especially on weekends - Flying Fish, California Grill, Whispering Canyon, Ohana, Boma.

Three years ago now, we were down in early Feburary. So we are Feb 2003 - a "slower" time of year when WDW was still experiencing lower crowds from the post 9/11 travel hit. We saw people turned away from San Angel Inn. We were turned away from Teppenyaki. We could not find a sit down lunch at MGM without an hour and a half wait (Sci Fi and 50s Prime Time). We would have had a two hour wait at Whispering Canyon. We walked right into Marrakesh, however.

This last October, six of us waited 20 minutes for a table at the large Biergarten - at 3:00 in the afternoon! Once we got in, the restaurant was pretty empty - but they were staffed very thin.

If you want a chance to check out the restaurants, you can try to make PSs day of (or the day before) from your cell phone or a park or Disney resort telephone.

Liberty Tree Tavern, 50s Prime Time, Rose and Crown, le Cellier ..

these are places we make sure to have a PS.

Aug. will be busy and I know I hate waiting very long with hot, sometimes grouchy people. ( I am talking about ~my~ family:crazy: )

Except for counter service, it would be best to make PS for all the places you wish to dine. You can always change your plans, but as CoolDisneyCat says waiting around for long periods when you're tired, hot, and hungry is no fun(and in August, hot and hungry are guaranteed);)

Le Cellier
Chefs de France
CRT
Flying Fish is our favorite so far. But most are very good. :)

Don't worry about missing your PS. If you don't make it they go on. If you make it a little late I hear they will still try to give you prority over the non PS at some places, but you will have to wait behind any PSers that have checked in.

Anyplace that is a character meal.

Popular restaurants: Cindy's, LTT, Cal Grill, Narcoossees, Ohanas, WC, HDD, Luau, Cape May, Le Cellier, Flying Fish, Chefs de France, 50s PT, Sci Fi

I've learned that if you want to eat at Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge) it is best to have a PS. You can probably make one the same day, but it's a good idea to have one.

Besides the fact that it's become popular, the waiting area is pretty small and can get crowded with no place to sit down.

This is not true of Jiko. I've walked into Jiko several times.

I was having a hard time just thinkiing about making plans for what we would eat months away,and now I have PS's for luch and dinner every day!! We probably won't use most of them,but we have them if we need them!

* Character Meals
* Popular Restuarants (Cindy's, Cal Grill, Narcoossees, Ohanas, WC, Le Cellier, Chefs de France, Sci Fi, 50s PT)
* If you want to dine around 7pm I would go ahead and make a ps at any restuarant as that is the busy dinner time period.

Thanks for all the replies! I am going to finalize my itinerary this weekend. I think I might take the advice of making 2 per day and then using only the ones I want. I can always call them and cancel on the day. I want to have one nice meal per day and I definately want to try some of the places like Boma, 'Ohana, etc.

Thanks everyone!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter