• 50s Prime Time Cafe

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • California Grill

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

jriveiro724

WDW AP & DVC
Hi, Disney Friends,

I'm planning dining reservations for one of our days in April and I'm having trouble deciding between Mama Melrose's, California Grill, and 50s Prime Time Cafe. Any opinions? Which do y'all recommend?

To add to what @_auroraborealis said, IF you are doing it at the end of an HS day, it's means taking Disney bus to Cali Grill transportation wise.
Another thought is go to Cali Grill for Sunday brunch, as opposed to dinner. You still.have the option of going back to the viewing platform later to see Wishes if that is your goal and not Fantasmic. Or any meal, you are still welcome to go to Cali Grill'S viewing platform to watch Wishes, no matter what time your ADR.

I think it depends on your family make up and what your other plans are. Personally I'm not a fan of either of the HS choices you had, 50s is just too much heavy food and Mama Melrose's the food just isn't that good. I've never eaten at Cali Grill but if I had to choose between the 3,that's where I'd go.

Hi, Disney Friends,

I'm planning dining reservations for one of our days in April and I'm having trouble deciding between Mama Melrose's, California Grill, and 50s Prime Time Cafe. Any opinions? Which do y'all recommend?

Any children? Ages?

Those three choices are so different, it depends more on what type of experience you would like.
50s PT is louder, high energy, American comfort food, with a TV within view at every table showing 50s tv clips (well, mostly 50s - I noticed a 60s show in the line up), and the servers get into the spirit of the atmosphere (some more than others)

Mama Melrose is a quieter Italian, but not fine dining

Cal Grill is high end fine dining, and a trip from HS.

If you would like fine dining, and are at HS, I would look into Brown Derby. Could also get the Fantasmic package there, if that interests you.

If you have kids, I would look at Sci Fi also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter