Which Restaurant to Choose?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by jriveiro724, Jan 7, 2017.

?

Which Restaurant?

1. Mama Melrose's

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. 50s Prime Time Cafe

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. California Grill

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. jriveiro724

jriveiro724 AP & DVC

Hi, Disney Friends,

I'm planning dining reservations for one of our days in April and I'm having trouble deciding between Mama Melrose's, California Grill, and 50s Prime Time Cafe. Any opinions? Which do y'all recommend?

2. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

I guess the question is... two are at DHS. I assume you're planning DHS?

Because if you want to go to Fantasmic! or SWAGS, you should stay in DHS and not leave to Cali Grill and miss those shows.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. ConnecticutNonna

ConnecticutNonna DIS Veteran

To add to what @_auroraborealis said, IF you are doing it at the end of an HS day, it's means taking Disney bus to Cali Grill transportation wise.
    Another thought is go to Cali Grill for Sunday brunch, as opposed to dinner. You still.have the option of going back to the viewing platform later to see Wishes if that is your goal and not Fantasmic. Or any meal, you are still welcome to go to Cali Grill'S viewing platform to watch Wishes, no matter what time your ADR.

5. loves to dive

loves to dive DIS Veteran

I think it depends on your family make up and what your other plans are. Personally I'm not a fan of either of the HS choices you had, 50s is just too much heavy food and Mama Melrose's the food just isn't that good. I've never eaten at Cali Grill but if I had to choose between the 3,that's where I'd go.

6. Princess Jaz E Jaz

Princess Jaz E Jaz Earning My Ears

I would do 50s Prime Time. It's a great atmosphere and the food is good.

7. WhispyPixie

WhispyPixie Forever A Princess

Of course....we love Mama Melrose..lol Different strokes for different folks!

8. PrincessArlena'sDad

PrincessArlena'sDad DIS Veteran

Any children? Ages?

Those three choices are so different, it depends more on what type of experience you would like.
    50s PT is louder, high energy, American comfort food, with a TV within view at every table showing 50s tv clips (well, mostly 50s - I noticed a 60s show in the line up), and the servers get into the spirit of the atmosphere (some more than others)

Mama Melrose is a quieter Italian, but not fine dining

Cal Grill is high end fine dining, and a trip from HS.

If you would like fine dining, and are at HS, I would look into Brown Derby. Could also get the Fantasmic package there, if that interests you.

If you have kids, I would look at Sci Fi also.