Which Resort..Need help planning PLEASE!

tweetie

Mouseketeer
Okay we were going to go this December for a short trip, (3 - 4 nights) but I just hate to feel rushed and settle for a value resort, so we have decided to wait until the 2nd week in November 2005.

I need help deciding which resort. This will probably be the last time we take our teenage boys which will be 15 and the other would of just turned 17. I want a place that would be kool for them and not boring by any means and that would just offer a lot so that we can have some wonderful memories. Here are the options:

2 rms at a moderate (except CRS already stayed there) or
1 rm at AK, WL, or CR. and maybe PR, but that resort can get expensive.

Please help with any advice.

Thanks!!!

Have you considered BW? I know it's expensive (not sure how it compares to AKL or the others) but there is so much to do there on the BoardWalk and with Epcot in walking distance.

Ann:earsgirl:

I agree with the poster that suggested BI, also just as convenient would be Yacht Club, Beach Club, Dolphin, or Swan. They are all within walking distance to MGM and EPCOT. The last time my youngest went with us he was 16 and his favorite thing was just walking around EPCOT. His favorite park for rides was MGM. They are (at least mine was) old enough to go out on their own once in a while, and having those two parks within walking distance IMHO, would be really nice for them.

Of the ones you mentioned above, I think the CR would be the nicest for them. Biggest gameroom and convenience of the monorail to EPCOT. Biggest rooms and the day bed in the room is a good size. We took Grandma on that trip and she had the bed, and he did fine on the day bed. And the bus to MGM really comes with little wait. (usually)

Even though MK is very close, at that age, mine didn't find much to do at MK and out of 4 trips there, only went to AK once. Both my boys liked the CR, but when DH and I stayed at the BI in December, we wished we'd have stayed there when he was 16, it would have been very nice for him to get to MGM and EPCOT so easily.

If I'd were you, I'd add the EPCOT resorts to my consideration. Unless your boys don't mind sleeping together, you might want to find out if any have a nice sized day bed. I guess my two wouldn't have cared at that age.

I forgot to mention that the Boardwalk itself would also be right there for them, easily accesible to all the resorts I mentioned. A boat also goes from all those resorts to both MGM and EPCOT if they don't feel like walking. Have not stayed there, but from what is said by allot on this board, Yacht Club and Beach Club also have the nicest pool of the Disney resorts.

Sorry, but I thought of one more plus for the EPCOT resorts. When we stayed at Disney last December, we purposely picked an EPCOT resort because the other parks close early in off season and EPCOT is open until after Illuminations, also the things on the Boardwalk are open later. It was nice having someplace handy go to in the evenings, and that would go for you guys too!!!

Also consider the Candlelight Processional, especially for you and DH and also, if you could afford it for all 4 of you, you can get everything you want to do in MK done at MVMCP. At least we thought we did. One thing that did make MK more fun for my 16 y/o, was doing it at night. The party goes until midnite. The picture would be kind of nice too, and getting MK done at night, in a 3 or 4 day vacation, might give you one day to sleep in a little. It would also give you one day to do DisneyQuest, which your guys might really like too. If you get there upon opening, which I think is 11:30, they'll be able to do allot in a few hours and have the place almost all to themselves. So again, do consider the EPCOT resorts I mentioned above.

OOOOPPSSS!!! Got your December and November mixed up, so eliminate what I said about Christmas events!!! :eek: This thread is becoming a habit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chat:

Of your listed resorts, I go with the CR.

I also think any of the Epcot resorts would be prefect for your traveling group. There is so much to do there and everything is so convenient.
S/D offer some very good discounts, especially for government employees, teachers and nurses. They also offer decent AP discounts.

Thanks for the advice...from what I have been reading I think we are leaning towards the CR or BW...BW looks very nice and it looks like there is a lot to do there the only dowside is there is no food court, so feeding everyone looks like it could get very expensive! Hopefully there will be codes for that time of year.

I know what you mean about these boards I am hooked!!:tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter