Which Resort Has the Better Pool CB or SF?

Earningmywings

Mouseketeer
We are planning a last minute trip in 2 weeks 😬 for our first trip to Universal. We usually do WDW this time of year. We have 2 DS age 6 and 9 that love pool time. Which resort has the better pool, Cabana Bay or Sapphire Falls? Any type of slide or other amenity is a huge bonus for them. Thanks

I’d say, for your kids, CB would be more fun. Lazy river and you can bring your own floats and they will blow them up for you. Has a long slide, and two pools to explore, and a kids area. And short walk, and CB only entrance to Volcano Bay, for water park fun as well.

SF’s pool is nice, and does have a kids area, and slide. Largest pool with sandy beach.

And so, I think CB would be more fun for a younger kid family, but you can’t go wrong with either resort if you are looking for pool time fun. And CB tends to be cheaper than SF, and CB has cheaper family suites.

Hands down CB.

IMO Cabana Bay Pools are Better than Storm along bay at Disneys Beach Club.

SF has a nice but IMO standard pool. It has a fun slide but no lazy river.

I would agree, CB with lazy river. And I loved their food court. I’d get a family suite with inside door!
Sapphire is very nice, I’m looking forward to staying there 2 nights before I switch to Hard Rock. But my kids are grown. And they’re not coming lol!

Reactions: AJA

Don’t know if it’s still the case with the pandemic, but Universal allows you to pool hop when staying onsite unlike Disney.

Don’t know if it’s still the case with the pandemic, but Universal allows you to pool hop when staying onsite unlike Disney.
It's opened back up to pool hopping as of this summer.

If you stay in Thunderbird or Castaway, getting over the garden walk to Sapphire Falls is easy peasy. We pool hopped when we were there last month, and the pool with the slide was closed at Cabana Bay.

Thanks everyone. CB it is! See you next week!

I think you'll like Cabana Bay. Just note that during this "slow" time, you may experience pool closures, either due to maintenance or to capacity. Often one courtyard or the other will have its pool closed on weekdays. This is not to discourage you, but to help you manage expectations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter