Which resort has the best restaurants?

aring75

DIS Veteran
I'm already planning our trip for next year and I was wondering, which of the on-site resorts has the best restaurants?

DH and I take our food very seriously. ;)

THE POLY.......OHANA'S!!!!! IT is a family tradition...that we do not miss each trip!

I haven't heard much about restaurants at AKL. What do you like about them? Food, atmosphere, service, all of the above?

I'm getting hungry just thinking about this post!

I agree with WhispyPixie, only I vote for the Poly because of the Kona Cafe(breakfast & dinner).

aring75
The rooms in BC that are closest to EPCOT are almost as close to the gate as they are to the lobby. If you stay in the EPCOT resort area (particularly BC) you have all of EPCOT restuarants to pick from.
Any of the monrail resorts have good restuarants and the ability to try them all. I think GF has 3 fine restaurants.

I would say AKL has the best restaurants. I really enjoy Bomas, but you need to have adventurous taste buds to enjoy it. AKL also has Mara, the fast service restaurant, and I enjoyed their food, too. As for the Poly, I love O'hanas a lot, but Captain Cook's, the fast service restaurant, was horrible. I didn't enjoy any food from there. Mara's food just seemed more fresh than the food at Captain Cook's.

I have limited experience with resort restaurants but I have to agree with Lewisc. The BC resort is close to all the great Epcot WS restaurants and the Boardwalk restaurants as well (Spoodles is a particular fave of my family). We're staying at AKL in October and I'm dying to try Boma and Jiko - can't wait!

Well, it sounds like the Epcot resorts are a good bet. (DH and I have never stayed at an Epcot resort.)

Now the question is - Which Epcot resort would be best for 2 adults - no kids?

BC is closest to EPCOT. BC/YC share a great pool (SAB) and offers B & C for ice cream, burgers and the like. YC has the Yachtsman for dinner. I'd go with the BC although availability of discounted room rates might motivate me to stay elswhere.

I vote for the GF. VA's, Narcoosees (great food and view of the castle), Citricos, 1900 Park Fare, Afternoon Tea, GF cafe', Mizner's lounge for a drink and cigar.

Need I say more...

Tom...:D

Poly gets my vote for sure! O'hana's is our all time favorite Cuz!:p :p :p :p :p

Any birthday party recommendations for an all girls trip in September....one of the DS will be celebrating her 46th birthday on the day we arrive at the Poly. :jester:

If you like steak, the Yachtsman is second to none. It's pricey but definitely the best meal we had last trip!:)

I think I would have to agree that GF has the best overall restaurant selection.

as far as restaurants in the hotel, definitely gf.

victoria and albert's
citricos
narcoose's
grand floridian cafe
tea time

i never ate at 1900 park fare so i can't way about that.
gasparilla isn't bad but i don't consider fast the cafeteria style place to be a restaurant anyway.

although i do see that the epcot resorts have proximity to the most restaurants--including those in epcot, in mgm, on the boardwalk, in the swan/dolphin, and in the yacht/beach club. but i still think my favorite restaurants are over the gf. still more variety over by epcot.

CR has the best restaurants wihtout leaving the tower, IMHO; however, for good dining, the best resort on property for a couple would be BWI. The resort is very romantic, and there are a lot of excellent dining choices nearby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!