which resort for last minute trip?

littleducksmom

Mouseketeer
trying to decide on a place to stay for a spur of the moment trip to orlando next week. it will be me and my 2 year old son only. dh is going to be working a lot in the next few weeks, so he has told me to take a vacation.......
:D :D ......well ok........then.......i pick disney again......

this is my dilemma.......i would like to stay in a little larger place than just a disney hotel room for this trip. i will have a car. i would love a great pool area for the 2yo and a safe resort-type atmosphere.

here are the choices i have come up with that have availability:
1)hgvc(studio)
2)wyndham palms resort and cc(1 bdrm)
3)cypress point grand villas(1 bdrm)

i am having a hard time deciding on which place........i could use some constructive input. thanks.

This was not one of your options, but I would go all out and stay at the Polynesian or one of the monorail resorts. You deserve to spoil yourself a little. The monorail would be a nice option and you would not have to spend time at night in Parking lots. These are a lot of money, though. Have you checked Hotel Kingdom for deals on these? I know they have been running a good deal for the Wyndham Palms. All three of these sound very nice. We also like the Holiday Inn Family Suites, it has a nice pool area, a train theme and a full breakfast buffet. There are also microwaves and refridgerators in the room. The hotel is geared towards little kids.

I would second the choice for HIFS. Much better vfm than the above three, IMHO, especially with a 2-year-old, although the Cypress POint villas are quite special. You could also go for one of the suites rooms at the Gaylord Palms (excellent location, and also very child friendly with their family pool), which are huge and beautifully furnished.

I would suggest Horizons by Marriott. They have a great pool and a really neat interactive water play ground.

thanks to all for the suggestions......went with the wyndham palms thru hotelkingdom........this was such a great price(around 65/nite inc tax for a 1 bdrm). would have liked hifs, hadnt even thought of it, actually.......but there was no availibility for certain rate codes. the best i could do was $145/nite for next week there on such short notice.

i really like the area that the wyndham palms is located in also. less traffic to get to wdw taking sherbeth rd. loved the review of the resort that was just written by cinamin. thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter