which resort do you think we should pick?

essmom

DIS Veteran
after asking about the resorts, I THINK I've narrowed it down to Beach Club, Boardwalk villas, or Coronado Springs Resort- Kids are 11 and 13 -what do you pros think-

If you choose a moderate, CSR is a great resort!!

CSR is a large resort that does not share services with other resorts and offers some deluxe amenities because it is a convention resort.

CSR has a salon, spa, and a gym that other moderates do not offer. CSR has full menu room service and offers an internal shuttle system provided by golf carts to assist in getting to and from the main building to the villages.

It is also the only mod to offer suites.

CSR is situated around a 15 acre lake and CBR is situated around a 45 acre lake.

CSR has terrific transportation. It does not share with any other resort (like POR / POFQ) and it only has 4 bus stops within the resort (vs 8 at CBR). And since CSR is centrally located, you'll have a quick ride to all the parks.

And being a convention resort, the buses seem less crowded because guests are busy with their conventions.

eim9ut.jpg

Photo by Ducky4Disney

ehybeg.jpg

ea5ytc.jpg

ea5z7l.jpg

fod6wm.jpg

fod75f.jpg

fod8n4.jpg

CSR has the best pool of the mods and probably the second best on WDW property. Best mod pool. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area.

eaqyk9.jpg

o54511.jpg

c73cd4e144.jpg

Review from mousesavers.com!!

Coronado Springs is my Best Value choice in the Moderate category. It has several advantages compared with the other Moderate resorts. It is newer, so there has been less wear-and-tear on everything. Also, Coronado Springs is a convention hotel, so it has a few extra amenities not offered at the other Moderates, including a salon, a health club and a more upscale food court.

The theming is radically different in the three areas of Coronado Springs. You can request a specific area when booking but there is no guarantee you'll get your request.
  • The Spanish-style Casitas at Coronado Springs are very peaceful, with courtyards featuring tiled fountains. Casitas Buildings 1, 3 and 2 (in that order) are the closest to the restaurants and services. Casitas Building 4 contains the salon and health club, if those are important to you.
  • The Cabanas at Coronado Springs have a beachy Caribbean feeling. Cabanas Building 8A is very close to the feature pool, which may be a blessing (convenience) or a curse (noise, light). Cabanas Building 9B is closest to the marina and relatively convenient to the restaurants and services.
  • The Ranchos at Coronado Springs feel quiet and secluded -- some would say isolated -- and feature desert landscaping and pueblo-style architecture. They look closest to the main pool on a map, but in actuality they are separated from the rest of the property by a swamp, so it can be a fairly long walk from these buildings to the pool, and a very long walk to the restaurants.

For an 11 and 13 year old I would go with BC. You can't beat Stormalong Bay and you can walk to EPCOT and ferry over to MGM.

I like all of them, but think BC is your choice, 3 reasons location, location and location

DisneyMomx7 said:
For an 11 and 13 year old I would go with BC. You can't beat Stormalong Bay and you can walk to EPCOT and ferry over to MGM.

hands down out of your choices. Boys that age will have a ball at the pool.

Beach Club for 2 main reasons

Excelent Fabulous Great location!!!

Stormalong Bay is great for kids that age

-hope this helps

Thanks so much- made my reservation today for 4 nights at the Beach Club -may change it to add a night and she said it was only 4 more dollars to add a day to the hopper ticket. Mine think they want to go abck to Universal for 2 days but I can't decide if we should(we went 2 years ago when they were 9 and 11) anyone have any other great tips!! I am so excited about the Beach Club-sounds similar to the place in Mexico where we just went for spring break- except it's not all inclusive- that sure would be nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter