Which pool is better? Poly or GF?

Tigerlily125

Mouseketeer
We have two DDs ages 7 and 5 and are deciding between these two resorts. Which do you think has the better pool/slide area? We love Stormalong Bay but are looking to stay at a monorail resort this trip :) TIA!

My kids loved the Beach Pool at the GF. They were older (10 and 12). I liked it because I could sit in a chair and see them the whole time. It has a zero entry and a pretty fun slide built into rocks and a waterfall. Plus, the adjacent bar/snack stand is awesome! Also, there is a Mad Hatter themed water play area adjacent.

Poly main pool gets way too crowded for my liking.

My 7 year old daughter loved the grand floridian pools. Both pools are zero entry and one has a large slide. She also loved the splash play area specifically for children.

We have two DDs ages 7 and 5 and are deciding between these two resorts. Which do you think has the better pool/slide area? We love Stormalong Bay but are looking to stay at a monorail resort this trip :) TIA!

We've experienced both and like the Poly pool better (it's actually our favorite overall, even over SAB). We didn't really care for the GF beach pool. On our GF stay, our pool time was spent at the courtyard pool. When we tried the beach pool, we were only there for about an hour before we made our way over to the courtyard pool.

We've experienced both and like the Poly pool better (it's actually our favorite overall, even over SAB). We didn't really care for the GF beach pool. On our GF stay, our pool time was spent at the courtyard pool. When we tried the beach pool, we were only there for about an hour before we made our way over to the courtyard pool.
What did you like better about the Poly over SAB and GF pool? Curious about your experience :)

My kids (15,13,8) also prefer the Poly pool over the GF pools. They like the slide, the waterfall area, the zero entry and most of all watching MK fireworks from the pool. My 8 year old also loves the hot tub next to the pool lol!

My traveling kiddos toured GF and although 12 y/o DGD preferred GF because it had a spa (what, what, what-I've created a munster?! Oh right, so my job is done) she felt the Poly Volcano pool is more "thrilling". The 8 y/o I traveled with thinks any pool is cool.

My grandchildren, now 9, love love love The Poly pools. We've been to GF as well but the Poly wins hands down. They're a little too old for the splash area now, but had much more fun at The Poly compared to the GF one. They love the volcano slide, hot tubs & , for some crazy reason, love the quiet pool too!

My two granddaughters loved both the Poly and the GF pools. I think that either one would be fun for that age. I would choose the resort that had the theme that appealed to me the most overall. The Poly has the advantage of being a direct monorail ride to either Epcot or the MK, which is nice.

Good luck choosing! I think that you will enjoy either one - they are definitely two of our top three resorts in WDW!

Trying to think back to my kids at those ages and what they preferred in a pool. I think either Poly or GF would be comparable as far as a pool goes for those ages - my kids loved slides and either pool would be ok for that. The thing about the main pool at Poly is it offers a fabulous view and you can watch Wishes right from the pool. The main pool at GF doesn't have a great view, not like Poly anyway. My kids prefer the courtyard (quiet) pool at GF over the main pool there. But yet at Poly, they prefer the main pool I think because of the view.

My boys (10 and 12) said the slide at GF's Beach Pool was way better than SAB's slide (GF slide was much faster). We spent hours there every day the last week of August. I never had an issue finding chairs or tables by the Beach Pool. Food and drink service was really good.

When we walked over to Poly for meals, their pool was much more crowded.

What did you like better about the Poly over SAB and GF pool? Curious about your experience :)

I like the slide better at the Poly and I think the atmosphere is more relaxing. I love how the pool backs up to the beach with a distant view of the castle and the ability to watch the fireworks from the pool :wizard:.

I found SAB somewhat crowded (despite how spread out it is) and getting to the slide was kind of a pain as we had to get out of the pool area and go across a walkway to get to it. The GF beach pool was ok, it just wasn't anything amazing to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter