Which points are used first

mlrl2288

Earning My Ears
DVC Gold
I have two contracts one direct and want to resale. Both have banked points. If my total points are 400 with 200 banked, and my next trip is 201 points do they used the banked points first?

I have two contracts one direct and want to resale. Both have banked points. If my total points are 400 with 200 banked, and my next trip is 201 points do they used the banked points first?
As long as you select the contract (or contracts) with the banked points they will use those first. You can always call DVC after making the reservation to verify the points have been allocated properly.

Yes, banked points get used first. You can see the animation on how they take the points before you finish booking. And if it's not correct, you have the one time opportunity to cancel without any penalty what so ever, and call in after canceling to have a CM help you get the proper points taken out in a new reservation.

Great3

Now that I think about your question some more, I realized you are asking about multiple contracts in the same membership ID. Are both contracts the same resort and same UY in one membership ID, or are they different resorts, same UY, in same membership ID?

I say go thru like you are doing the reservation booking, and click on:

You should see something like this:

DVCPointsTaken.jpg

And let us know if it's pulling banked points from just one of the contract, or both contracts?

If just one contract, you may need to book two separate reservations to use up banked points from both contacts and than call in to have CM tie the two ressies together.

Great3

Last edited:

Points holding are "points" that were canceled inside of 31 days before start of reservation. Those holding points can only be used to make a reservation 60 days out, and expire at end of Use Year.

Edit to add: Please note that you cannot bank to borrow points in holding status, you really need to use them before expired.
Great3

Last edited:

same home, same use year

Than I think you will be fine, if the system is smart enough to pull from both contracts before borrowing, it should be smart enough used banked points from both contracts, but I personally never ran into this situation.

Again, just pretend like you are going to book, but don't actually complete the reservation, and you will know for sure, the system will tell you what points are getting pulled from where. Just cancel / go back after viewing the points, and let us know.

Great3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter