Which plan with a pregnanat wife

brea

Mouseketeer
I've read up on the idea that the deluxe plan is too much food and/or a lot of sitting down eating.

Considering that my wife is pregnant I'm wondering which makes sense. My thoughts are she'll prefer the breaks and ability to enjoy some of the dinner shows more than having the time to do the running around.

TIA for your help

It will obviously depend on your wife and your entire party. Some woman.... like me.... don't actually like to eat big meals when pregnant. They make us sick! A lot of times when pregnant I eat less... but more often. Of course any break from walking around is always a bonus when you are waddling and can't see your feet! ;)

Who else is in your party and where do you normally like to eat? We love the deluxe plan, preggo or not. I just know that I had more to go boxes pregnant than when I was not! :rolleyes1

I think it'll depend on how far along she is and how much of a toll the pregnancy is taking on her. The farther along she is, the more she'll be wanting breaks but also a lot of small meals rather than large ones. The DxDDP is a lot of food each meal and the farther along she is, the less room she'll have for food and will likely prefer just an appetizer or a light meal or even just snacks here and there all through the day.

IMO, it makes most sense to sit down and think about what meals you'd like and how you'll be eating at these meals. Then look at the dining plans and figure out which if any of them will fit this plan. Remember, paying OOP is an option. Choose your package based on the trip you want to take rather than planning your trip around the package you choose.

the more I read up on it the more I wonder if just paying OOP is the way to go here. It will be me, my wife, and 1 1/2 yr old daughter.

From what I remember of the 1st pregnancy she tended to take a lot of smaller meals so the DxDP probably won't work out here. The DP may cut it but I see her wanting more of the "snacks" that are available throughout the parks.

Have to think it through and talk with her about it. Thanks for the advice so far.

The ddp works if you want 2 big meals per day -- a big cs and a big ts.

If you want appetizers for your meals, you want to piece together multiple smaller meals, if you want the flexibility to cancel an ADR (without worrying about wasting a credit), then oop is the way to go.

the more I read up on it the more I wonder if just paying OOP is the way to go here. It will be me, my wife, and 1 1/2 yr old daughter.

From what I remember of the 1st pregnancy she tended to take a lot of smaller meals so the DxDP probably won't work out here. The DP may cut it but I see her wanting more of the "snacks" that are available throughout the parks.

Have to think it through and talk with her about it. Thanks for the advice so far.

We went at 7.5 months preggo... I would have liked a snack meal plan the most! ;) Too bad one doesn't exsist!
The dp will work well too though if you are planning on doing character meals with little ones.... then you DW will have to pay a fixed rate regardless so it does save there.

If you're going to book a lot of buffets and family style for the child (all character meals are family style, buffet or fixed price; all dinner shows are fixed price and cost 2 DDP TS credits per person) you may want DDP. Otherwise I can't think it would really work for you. If your wife feels like skipping meals or not eating full meals, then her credits go unused or undervalued unless you can find ways to use them for yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter