Which park the Sunday and Monday after Thanksgiving?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I need to pick between Epcot and AK. Right now I have AK on Sunday and Epcot on Monday.
I’m undecided even more now thinking they will add extended hours for Epcot on Monday.
We will not be staying in a deluxe resort so we will not be able to attend extended hours.
What would you do?

This will be a slower week. The Week after a holiday is normally very slow.
SUNDAY is always the slowest day of the week--- locals doing other things , tourist its a travel day.
MONDAY ----worst day for MK.

This will be a slower week. The Week after a holiday is normally very slow.
SUNDAY is always the slowest day of the week--- locals doing other things , tourist its a travel day.
MONDAY ----worst day for MK.
Thank you! We do not plan on going to MK until later in the week.

It may not mean much but Monday seems to be the extended after hours for deluxe guests at Epcot .. guests wanting to use that have to have park reservation (or hopper) for that park. So I’ve decided to avoid Epcot on mondays. I will also be there the Sunday-wed after thanksgiving. I have after hours Christmas party tickets for Sunday, HS on Monday and Epcot on Tuesday.

It may not mean much but Monday seems to be the extended after hours for deluxe guests at Epcot .. guests wanting to use that have to have park reservation (or hopper) for that park. So I’ve decided to avoid Epcot on mondays. I will also be there the Sunday-wed after thanksgiving. I have after hours Christmas party tickets for Sunday, HS on Monday and Epcot on Tuesday.
Yes I’m not sure about going to Epcot on Monday with the extended hours. I’m thinking of doing it on Sunday, but the Festival of the Holidays starts the Friday before. So I’m undecided on which would be best. Do you have a park booked for Wednesday?

Yes I’m not sure about going to Epcot on Monday with the extended hours. I’m thinking of doing it on Sunday, but the Festival of the Holidays starts the Friday before. So I’m undecided on which would be best. Do you have a park booked for Wednesday?
Mk but only because I’m leaving around noon that day..

Maybe I should of asked which day do you think would be least crowded for Epcot after Thanksgiving Sunday or Monday 🤷‍♀️

We have gone quite a few times over thanksgiving and Sunday and Monday will be dead. If I were you, I would go to Epcot on Sunday if the extended hours are Monday. You will be able to do a lot of the festival of the holidays activities on Sunday and can enjoy AK on Monday which should be pretty quiet as well.

Friday will be crowded at Epcot on the day it starts, but by Sunday the crowds will be significantly smaller. It is amazing to watch the crowds dwindle from Friday through Sunday. Everyone will be leaving Saturday or Sunday from the thanksgiving holiday.

Friday will be crowded at Epcot on the day it starts, but by Sunday the crowds will be significantly smaller. It is amazing to watch the crowds dwindle from Friday through Sunday. Everyone will be leaving Saturday or Sunday from the thanksgiving holiday.
Oh great that’s good to hear!

We have gone quite a few times over thanksgiving and Sunday and Monday will be dead. If I were you, I would go to Epcot on Sunday if the extended hours are Monday. You will be able to do a lot of the festival of the holidays activities on Sunday and can enjoy AK on Monday which should be pretty quiet as well.
Good advice! I’m glad I have you guys to help me decide. I think I will switch Epcot to Sunday and AK Monday.

I don’t think the extended hours for deluxe resorts guests are going to have a huge impact. Time will tell! I do think EP will be busier on Sunday with locals because of the holiday festival start. I would have guessed the opposite!

I don’t think the extended hours for deluxe resorts guests are going to have a huge impact. Time will tell! I do think EP will be busier on Sunday with locals because of the holiday festival start. I would have guessed the opposite!
I changed my park reservations around with Epcot for Sunday😬. When the extended hours start and reviews say that it has no impact I will switch it back 🤷‍♀️

I changed my park reservations around with Epcot for Sunday😬. When the extended hours start and reviews say that it has no impact I will switch it back 🤷‍♀️
I do think it’s a bit of guessing game right now until those hours for deluxe guests start. My rule was to avoid Epcot on the weekend because it’s popular with locals and that rule worked for me. Disney put those extra hours for that population on Monday night to try to increase Epcot traffic then because it’s a quiet time for that park. But I just don’t think it’s going to draw a ton of them. Some, yes, definitely. But without all the mod and value guests, I don’t think those hours for the elites are going to have as much impact as PM EMHs did, Maybe. But I’m skeptical. I think it will have a big impact still on MK, but I’m not so sure about the other parks.

I do think it’s a bit of guessing game right now until those hours for deluxe guests start. My rule was to avoid Epcot on the weekend because it’s popular with locals and that rule worked for me. Disney put those extra hours for that population on Monday night to try to increase Epcot traffic then because it’s a quiet time for that park. But I just don’t think it’s going to draw a ton of them. Some, yes, definitely. But without all the mod and value guests, I don’t think those hours for the elites are going to have as much impact as PM EMHs did, Maybe. But I’m skeptical. I think it will have a big impact still on MK, but I’m not so sure about the other parks.
It’s hard to tell what to do. I can always switch it back when it starts I guess. They have never jhad extra hours for deluxe resorts only so I guess we will find out.

I’ve been to Epcot on that Sunday after thanksgiving and it not crowded at all. If there is a holiday party that Sunday, Epcot will not be crowded. We have always avoided extra magic hours in the past, so I don’t know what the new normal will be like. However, from past experience, that Sunday will honestly not be crowded. I honestly don’t think it matters which park you do either day as it will be insignificant I believe.

I’ve been to Epcot on that Sunday after thanksgiving and it not crowded at all. If there is a holiday party that Sunday, Epcot will not be crowded. We have always avoided extra magic hours in the past, so I don’t know what the new normal will be like. However, from past experience, that Sunday will honestly not be crowded. I honestly don’t think it matters which park you do either day as it will be insignificant I believe.
Okay thank you. There is a MK after hours event that night. Not sure how many will go to that with prices so high for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter