which of these resorts would you pick?

lovemy2girls4eva

DIS Veteran
a little background: 2 adults and 3 kids (7, 5 and 22 months)

all price equal so money isn't the issue.

which would you pick and why?

AoA family suite

or

A standard room at the Contemporary resort

Thanks!

I have never stayed at AoA but we stayed at the Contemporary last June with our two girls (5 and 3) and we loved it. I cannot overstate how much the walk to MK changed our trip. We went to MK for four days so we took advantage of it for those days and it was great the way we could leave the girls in the stroller and just walk to the hotel at night. ( they were sleeping). Also to take a break durning the day ( swim or naps) we felt like we were not wasting time in a bus. Also quick monarail access to EPCOT and the bus to AK was not crowded at all.

I have never stayed at AoA but we stayed at the Contemporary last June with our two girls (5 and 3) and we loved it. I cannot overstate how much the walk to MK changed our trip. We went to MK for four days so we took advantage of it for those days and it was great the way we could leave the girls in the stroller and just walk to the hotel at night. ( they were sleeping). Also to take a break durning the day ( swim or naps) we felt like we were not wasting time in a bus. Also quick monarail access to EPCOT and the bus to AK was not crowded at all.

Thank you!!! This is exactly why I am thinking of CR!!

We are a family of 4 (soon to be five). We stayed at AOA and Bay Lake Tower last year. While the theming of AOA is great and it has a lot more room to spread out and two bathrooms , I have to go with the Contemporary. Being able to walk to and from the MK with little ones is fantastic. At the time our kids were two and five so we spent most of our time at the MK. We booked at lakeview room, which also had a view of the MK. We could see the fireworks at night. Of course, all the rooms aren't like that so it is luck of the draw. Also the Contemporary has Chef Mickey's and the monorail, which my kids loved. My kids did prefer the pool at AoA (you can't win them all). Honestly, you can't go wrong with either, but I think the Contemporary is way more convenient. Have you considered renting points at Bay Lake? It might save you a little bit of money or allow you to get a room set up similar to AoA at the Contemporary (best of both worlds).

Ok. This is a tough one.

We are a family of five and have stayed at both. (Kids currently 12, 10, and 2).

Other than the walk to MK, the CR really did nothing for us. We are in no rush to stay there again.

But, we also stayed in a Nemo Suite at AOA and all of us LOVED it!!! Having 2 bathrooms was a god-send, and the extra room was glorious!

If those were my two choices, I might actually pick AOA...

If you throw in ANY of the other deluxes, my answer would change...

We are a family of 4 (soon to be five). We stayed at AOA and Bay Lake Tower last year. While the theming of AOA is great and it has a lot more room to spread out and two bathrooms , I have to go with the Contemporary. Being able to walk to and from the MK with little ones is fantastic. At the time our kids were two and five so we spent most of our time at the MK. We booked at lakeview room, which also had a view of the MK. We could see the fireworks at night. Of course, all the rooms aren't like that so it is luck of the draw. Also the Contemporary has Chef Mickey's and the monorail, which my kids loved. My kids did prefer the pool at AoA (you can't win them all). Honestly, you can't go wrong with either, but I think the Contemporary is way more convenient. Have you considered renting points at Bay Lake? It might save you a little bit of money or allow you to get a room set up similar to AoA at the Contemporary (best of both worlds).

Thank you! I don't even know how to rent points! lol

We own DVC now, but prior to buying a DVC contract, we rented points a few times. We found someone here on the Dis that rented to us directly, but there are companies that match up renters and owners such as David's Disney Vacation Club Rentals and the DVC Rental Store. I've heard of both those companies but never used them so I can't comment on service, etc.

I think it depends somewhat on personalities. I am a person that NEEDS some alone time. At AoA I am able to get that in the room. At the Contemporary, it can't happen in the room. Keep that in mind. That said, we have stayed as a family of 5 (3 adults, 2 kids) at AoA and Bay Lake Tower. I definitely like BLT better, but it was much more expensive. We are trying Fort Wilderness Cabins this time.

We own DVC now, but prior to buying a DVC contract, we rented points a few times. We found someone here on the Dis that rented to us directly, but there are companies that match up renters and owners such as David's Disney Vacation Club Rentals and the DVC Rental Store. I've heard of both those companies but never used them so I can't comment on service, etc.

Even though we really liked the Contemporary we are staying at AKL on rented points. My parents are coming this time and we are paying for their room so we decided to rent. We are using the DVC Rental Store for one room and we have friends that we are renting points from the other room. Renting from the third party was really easy. I would recommend it.

We are a family of 5 and I do not like staying onsite because space is super important to us (we rent 3 bedroom condos now).

However, between your two options I would pick Contemporary for the ability to return to the hotel easily from the Magic Kingdom. Also, I agree with PP that renting DVC points for BT is a great option.

With three little ones nothing beats the convenience of the monorail to MK and Epcot and the ability to walk to MK. Chef Mickeys, monorail through the hotel, what kid doesn't love that? For us any way to avoid the bus (especially when we needed strollers) was a priority! Have fun!!!

For convenience, probably contemporary. But, I loved our AoA Cars suite, it was a hit with the kids!

The CR -definitely. The walk to MK is worth it all. I love that you don't have to get on a bus. We do love the monorail too. We love the CR.

6 days/5 nights. Plan on going to MK the most, with 1 day HS and 1 day Epcot.

without a doubt CR. Walk to MK, Monorail to Epcot. You only have 1 bus day then. The pool and water play area are great and not overly crowded. Chef Mickeys, the monorail going through the lobby - it's awesome!

without a doubt CR. Walk to MK, Monorail to Epcot. You only have 1 bus day then. The pool and water play area are great and not overly crowded. Chef Mickeys, the monorail going through the lobby - it's awesome!

I agree the pool was not crowed at all. The spray area was disappointing for us. When we were there many of the sprayers were not working. Hopefully that fixed them by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter