Which novelty song drives you the most crazy?

For sure Baby Shark DGS loves it! I listened to it for over 2 hours one morning to keep him quiet while others were still sleeping.
The man in the Frozen Sing Along even referenced it.....no escaping

Oh no. Here come the black helicopters. Seems I'm to be taken to the Hague to be tried for a crime against humanity for posting this.

We've obviously failed in music education when out of 1.6 million views this only got 95k dislikes.

Here's another one for the wall of shame.

Disco duck. Rick Dees. Trying to find a non explicit video.

And Dur Dur D'etre Bebe. Nothing says annoying like remixed French Toddler babble mixed with Euro Techno pop. Also can't find a non explicit video.

My 11 month old grandson LOVES Baby Shark, he just sits and smiles when it plays.
This morning I was trying to get a couple things done and I put it on the TV from You Tube and put him in his a jumper, I was able to start laundry and clean a bathroom, I was very happy with Baby Shark to say the least, I may dream about it tonight.
I remember when his dad was small, I would pop in a Barney video and be able to get things done too.......:goodvibes

My grandson is 10 now loved that Nyan Cat video when he was little, over and over we would play it.....omg...... made me crazy

Love Shack - B52's I don't know how this ever became the go-to song for karaoke joints

I'm sometimes so thankful I met the kids after they'd had their baby shark (they were early on the trend as the boy LOVES sharks, hell, we all wore a piece of shark clothing to WDW in one of my DH and I's not finest moments) and Calliou periods.

Since our first trip to WDW in August, the Grim Grinning Ghosts (in English AND French just to make it more fun) has been on heavy rotation. I love it, but man, I'm over it. Also, "Around the World" by Daft Punk. The kids love it.

With "Baby Shark" debuting in the Billboard Hot 100 Top 40 list (and over 2 billion views on Youtube), it got me wondering what novelty songs irritate people the most. Hampster Dance is still like nails on a chalkboard to me.

It's a cute song at first that I play for a toddler I babysit and then I can't get it out of my head, sing it in the shower, wake up singing it lol.

Last edited:
I love some of these (Disco Duck, Bohemian Rhapsody, Brand New Key, Barbie Girl and Love Shack.) I don’t consider them novelty songs at all.

That’s what’s annoying about them - so many people consider them “real” songs :(

Dominick the Donkey. I realize it's a Christmas song (and a lot of them are just for fun), but the "Hee Haw Hee Haw" part makes me want to scream:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!