Which moderate to choose with discount?

DanceRC28

Wife to Greg, mommy to baby Tyler and furbabies Gr
I was so excited when the 4/3 discount was released yesterday, it also came on the same day that DH got a new job (he was recently laid off due to the mortgage crisis) which means that we can afford a Disney trip in 2009!!!! :cool1:

Now onto which moderate resort we should choose? We've only stayed at a value before and am really looking forward to upgrading on this trip. We definitely want a hot tub at our resort and a fridge in the room w/out having to upgrade further....not sure if they all include those things. Any tips appreciated! TIA! :goodvibes

All of the Moderates are nice. You'll enjoy any of them.

There are lots of opinions, and each of the Moderates has a group of dedicated fans who prefer that one.

Which theme appeals to you the most?

We love Coronado Springs. We tried ASMu this time and it really isn't for us. I look longingly at CSR every time our bus passed the entrance. I find it relaxing, Pepper Market is yummy, pool is awesome etc..

If link doesn't work go to coronado_springs.tripod.com and look at rancho 7A, 6B & 6b/6A

I just faced the same dilemma. I chose the Fort Wilderness Cabins for the privacy, full kitchen, front door parking, and tons of entertainment options for the kids. We like to eat some meals in our room and it was difficult to find a mod with refrig. available. The kitchen even has a dishwasher and mousekeeping will "do" your dishes everyday! Good luck- it's a tough decision but you are getting a deal anywhere you choose!:banana:

I'm usually a deluxe snob but our trip last month was at CBR and we loved it there! The kids and I loved the new rooms and pool. The foodcourt was just okay but the CM's we met were all great and super nice. We did miss being on the monorail since we stay at Poly the last two years. The buses were adequate though. It's just a very pretty relaxing resort. We would stay at CBR again if deluxe is out of our budget.

We loved POFQ during our stay this summer. My DW has some mobility issues, and this resort seemed a little more compact than some of the others.

We've also stayed in the FW cabins. Those were great, and you really felt like you had your own little house. There's so many activities going on at FW. If I could get a cabin for the same price as a Mod, I would definitely pick the cabin.

I suppose it depends on what theme you like the most. Each moderate has its own pros and cons.

I too choose a moderate for the fridge and hot tub. I would normally stay at POFQ, its small size is great and I love that it has its own bus stop at MK in the evening. While it sometimes shares buses with POR, you are picked up and dropped off first.

I have stayed at CBR and POR and both have been wonderful. They are extremely different, but each has its own charm. CBR has a tropical feel and is bright and colorful. They just rehabbed their pool, which I hear looks great. POR has a Southern feel. You can either stay in the Mansions or in the Alligator Bayou section, which has more of a rustic feel. I found POR to be quiet and peaceful. Plus, you can take a boat to DTD.

Either way, I don't think you could go wrong. I love both resorts.

Now to figure out a way to get myself down there! :laughing:

CSR!! Great main pool area, awesome transportation, and terrific food options. Check out my CSR website (by clicking on my name above) for pics and info.

CSR now has queen beds in all the rooms and will have club level rooms as of 01/2009!!

11kfg3p.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter