Which meal at CRT?

DisGirl819

<font color=blue>Then I thought about it and reali
Which meal would be the best to do at CRT: breakfast, lunch or dinner and why? Trying to figure out my ADRs for my July trip. My daughter will be 5 and LOVES princesses.

Hmmm - I like the new breakfast menu, but then I am horrified at the idea of carrying the pictures around all day and them get messed up, bent or lost. I was leaning towards dinner myself just because I did not want to carry the picture packages around all day and have to double-check them like the OCD person I can be! Just me though!

always done lunch. When we first started going dinner did not have the princesses. None of us a do a heavy breakfast so the expense did not seem right. Lunch it was.

July will be hot. We usually go in June which is also hot. Lunch allowed my daughter to wear her dress for awhile without being too itchy and hot. When BBB was added lunch allowed some ride time prior to the BBB appointment and some time to take pictures with the dress and hair.

We usually left after lunch. It will be hot. Did I mention that before?

Expense grows from breakfast to lunch then dinner. Our choice was a matter of preference. This June will be the first trip without CRT in a long time. Kids are prone to peer pressure. I frankly enjoyed our meals even with the cost in mind. I am sure I was swayed by the utter joy of our daughter. (And amused by the embarrassment of our son.)

I will miss it this year.

We always do breakfast and really enjoy it! We live the traditional breakfast & the bakery items they serve!!

Hootch said:
always done lunch. When we first started going dinner did not have the princesses. None of us a do a heavy breakfast so the expense did not seem right. Lunch it was.

July will be hot. We usually go in June which is also hot. Lunch allowed my daughter to wear her dress for awhile without being too itchy and hot. When BBB was added lunch allowed some ride time prior to the BBB appointment and some time to take pictures with the dress and hair.

We usually left after lunch. It will be hot. Did I mention that before?

Expense grows from breakfast to lunch then dinner. Our choice was a matter of preference. This June will be the first trip without CRT in a long time. Kids are prone to peer pressure. I frankly enjoyed our meals even with the cost in mind. I am sure I was swayed by the utter joy of our daughter. (And amused by the embarrassment of our son.)

I will miss it this year.

Thanks! It is hard for me to remember it will be hit this trip. We went in December and October before. I don't know if we are doing BBB this time. Anything to cool off though :)

DisGirl819 said:
Which meal would be the best to do at CRT: breakfast, lunch or dinner and why? Trying to figure out my ADRs for my July trip. My daughter will be 5 and LOVES princesses.

We can only speak to dinner, and the food was barely edible. It was basically all pre plated, roll it out and for $50 pp or 2 credits each it was not worth it. We would love to try breakfast, have heard it's great. Also apparently the Major Domos pie at lunch is great.

Eta: we were there nov 2010

We're eating dinner there for the first time in a couple of weeks. I hope it's good! :)

sPaRkLeSpAz said:
We're eating dinner there for the first time in a couple of weeks. I hope it's good! :)

I think it all depends on your taste and what you are accustomed to. Many people love the dinner. We are signature meal and fine dining lovers, and for us the food quality and preparation was very poor for the price. I would equate it to chain food at best, which many people love. I hope you have a great meal!

We just had breakfast there a few weeks ago and loved the food! I would check out the menus on the Disney website to see what looks good. I originally thought we would do lunch but the menu didn't appeal to me as much as breakfast. We booked the latest time for breakfast possible. That way we could get a bunch of rides in 1st and then relax in the castle for a nice brunch!

We have done lunch and breakfast several times. We go on big family vacations with 11 people- out of the 11- most prefer the breakfast- esp the teens in the family. Both are good. Breakfast is a little cheaper- so that works for us! haha As far as carrying around the pictures all day- if you don't want to- you can have them sent to guest services and pick them up on the way out of the park. We've done that before. and.... I could be wrong on this, but I think you may can even have them sent to your resort for pick up in the gift shop (not positive on that one). and as a tip- my 19 yr old niece is very picky about her meals- many times at crt they have fixed her something special different from the standard menu. She's asked for things fixed different and I don't remember what it was- but they brought her something completely not on the menu at all before. so if there isn't anything you particularly care for- politely tell them and ask if there is something else they can offer- they are generally very nice and accommodating. CRT is so magical- the girls in our family- 13, 16, and 19 - still say it is a 'must' every trip!

Been to all 3 meals. We really didn't care for lunch or dinner, but we all really like the breakfast. The stuffed French toast is amazing.

BREAKFAST all the way!! Make your reservation for before park opening. You show up to a Main Street that is empty and freshly washed. Its hushed and magical! Its waiting to wake up. We had one of the first reservations one morning and DD got to be princess of the day! Free pics. :cool1: The sun hitting the stain glass windows is so pretty in the morning. I wish DD still liked the pricesses! I wanna go back!

IMHO, Breakfast is also best for July. Have your princess ready to change clothes after breakfast and you are ready for park opening. You can enjoy the cooler morning and leave the park when the heat gets bad at or just after lunch. Awesome way to start the day.

We tried lunch in 2010, dinner in 2011, and breakfast in 2012 (last month). Breakfast was by far the best of the 3 and the new breakfast menu is really good. Lunch was the next best food wise, but I just haven't been tempted since Mjr Domo's Pie was removed from the menu. Our dinner experience there was awful. The food was some of the worst we've had at WDW.

We also found that breakfast took the least amount of time. We had an 8:05a and were out just as the park was opening. Lunch and dinner each took between 1.25-1.5 hrs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!