Which magic band colors go with which character (for luggage tags)?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by oceanmarina, Mar 27, 2018.

1. oceanmarina

oceanmarina DIS Veteran

Hi all, does anyone know which magic band colors go with which charachter luggage tag? (The tags they mail you from Disney when you book a package through them)

The last time we booked a resort only through miles so this upcoming trip we did a Disney package again. (I'm assuming you get the same character luggage tags that match your magic band color that we go 2 trips ago).

Thanks, marina

2. TYTY

TYTY Mouseketeer

We had pink and gray. Pink is Daisy Duck and gray is Minnie giving Mickey a big smooch on the cheek.

BarbieGal457 and oceanmarina like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. DWillowBay

DWillowBay DIS Veteran

Purple is M & M on a vespa. Blue is Donald. Red is Mickey. Yellow is Minnie. Green is Pluto. and Orange is Goofy.

5. oceanmarina

oceanmarina DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info! :-)

6. DWillowBay

DWillowBay DIS Veteran

Wait...or green is Goofy and orange is Pluto. I'm sorry...I just confused myself. One is a dog and the other is the other dog.

7. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

:rotfl2:

strike4, BarbieGal457 and DWillowBay like this.
  8. DisneyFan119

DisneyFan119 Mouseketeer

20180327_234421.jpg

Are these the current luggage tags? Magic band color is background of image.

oceanmarina likes this.
  9. ColoradoMom12

ColoradoMom12 DIS Veteran

I just noticed we didn’t get luggage tags for our trip. We leave on Thursday. Could this be due to booking thru a TA? It was our first trip booked that way. We had a passholder package (room and dining plan), which, when we’ve booked thru Disney, has always included the luggage tags. I’m sad. Even though we have quite a few, they’re really cute!

10. DWillowBay

DWillowBay DIS Veteran

It has been my experience, also as a passholder, that if I don't booked a ticketed package, I do not receive luggage tags. That being said, did you check the "sleeve" that your magic bands came attached to. I have also found them inside that sleeve.

11. ColoradoMom12

ColoradoMom12 DIS Veteran

Thanks, yes, I did check the sleeve. There's nothing there. We've booked ticketless packages (room + dining plan) in the past and gotten the luggage tags. I don't know why they didn't include them this time. I thought it could be due to using a TA, but it sounds like you've had this happen without booking thru a TA. Disappointing.

12. cleophus12

cleophus12 DIS Veteran

In February we received our luggage tags in the room on the second day of our stay. That was a little different.

ColoradoMom12 likes this.
  13. oceanmarina

oceanmarina DIS Veteran

Yes, those were the ones, thanks for posting!

DisneyFan119 likes this.
  14. cgh

cgh DIS Veteran

I posted about this a couple weeks ago and it doesn't necessarily go the way they say. We got the purple tags with minnie/mickey for red, and donald for blue.

15. Childs1stTime2Disney

Childs1stTime2Disney WDW - till we meet again....

What is this? I didnt get any tags in with my magic bands. What are they for?

16. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

They are decorative luggage tags. If you booked a package, they are usually in the box underneath the Magic Bands. Some people don't realize they are there and toss them with the box.

17. Mickey's Best Girl

Mickey's Best Girl Magic, mayhem and shenanigans ahoy.

Every time this topic comes up I get so jealous!

We always buy tickets separately so we never receive the luggage tags :sad:

Word on the street (that street being the internet) is the tags are slowly changing in design. Nothing big, just slightly new images.

If I can find the source I’ll link it, but it was after midnight when I read about it and I only had one eye open at that point.

EDIT: I found the news/photos regarding the new tags and in a Facebook group I’m in so I don’t think it’s appropriate to post the photos they have. From what I’ve seen the only new ones so far are an orange stressed out Donald (at least I think that one is new) and the green now has Mickey and Minnie in a car that really resembles Waldo C. Graphic IMO.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  18. Childs1stTime2Disney

Childs1stTime2Disney WDW - till we meet again....

Ok, no, didnt book a package. Thanks again!

19. hakunamomtata

hakunamomtata Disnerd Extraordinaire

We just received our Magic Bands Friday. We got a rainbow of colors (5 bands total) and got all the same luggage tag. We all got the gray tag with mickey and Minnie on it. So I think it really is left to availability as of the time they ship.

But in the past, the colors went like this:
    Red - minnie
    Pink - daisy
    Green - goofy
    Orange - Pluto
    Blue - Donald
    Gray - alternative mickey & Minnie
    Yellow - mickey
    Purple - mickey & Minnie

oceanmarina likes this.
  20. DisneyMaleficent50

DisneyMaleficent50 Mouseketeer

We ordered 2 green bands and 2 purple bands. We recieved all the same for all 4 luggage tags. Here is front/ 20180517_222241.jpg back photo

21. strike4

strike4 Earning My Ears

We ordered every color of magic band and got 5 gray and one green so I wouldn't put any stock into matching them.