Which is better?

Mnementh

<font color=red>I like the Steelers <b>almost</b>
Looks like a lot of people are members of both SocioTown and SmallWorld, so I would just like to know which one you prefer?

I'm having a dilemma right now. I didn't want to devote my time to more than one game at a time, but even though I'm already registered with VFK, I've already got my mind made up that I'm going to be playing Cartoon Network's new game because it looks amazing. I really don't want to try to add a third game, but you all have piqued my interest. I will not be able to keep up with both SocioTown and SmallWorld along with VFK and Cartoon Network's FusionFall, so what's better between SmallWorld and SocioTown?

I like Small Worlds a lot better. I had tried Socio Town once, and decided that once was enough. Small Worlds I keep going back to when I have a few minutes.

I agree that smallworlds is the game to play out of the two. Just a few reasons are that the game has a lot more options, you get rewarded for everything you do, you can find people very easy. It's been in Beta only a few days and a lot of people are hooked. Good luck with the decision :)

We tried Smallworlds tonight and so far we are happy with it and it is easy which works for me. We are going to give it a shot for a while. We liked it better than Sociotown. We have tried gaia too but as previously stated smallworlds is very, very easy! Even Donald found me tonight without much effort so that was a plus! We too are waiting on Fusion and wizards101

Personally for me I am not going to support a large corporation again when it comes to games. I like the idea behind Indie games and think that SocioTown has my vote.

While I like the fact that SmallWorlds has a lot more to offer in the way of min-games and other things to do, I still prefer the social aspect of SocioTown and look forward to its developer growing and expanding the place.

I think both have a lot of potential. I do like Smallworlds because I can have a cat, can listen to my choice of music on my stereo and can have my own pictures on my walls.

I am split for 2 totally different reasons.

Smallworlds is incredible but its BIG. This is where I hve been spending most of my time.

I have found sometimes I might just want to sit in a field and chat. Thats where Socio really excels

If I could only pick one, I would say Smallworlds but I dont see any reason you would have to pick only 1.

Hi,

For now I have to say I like Smallworlds better. I find the graphics in Socia make me dizzy and I find it hard to navigate. Smallworlds the graphics don't seem as wavy to me and are not making me dizzy and i found it easy to navigate. I also like the fact that i am able to customize my home and bring my own Disney pictures and VMK pictures into it. A very cool feature.

Bug

I really am not that happy with either. hmm, I guess I will try small world a bit more. First impressions was not positive. That first task that sends you to a pool hall, where all the conversation (that was in english) was about picking up girls/boys, grabbing girls behinds, etc. Thought maybe I was way too old for that game. The walk-you-through-it tutorial assumes a bit much for me, I'm easily confused. The screen view switched around a lot in both, makes my eyes hurt. Sociotown is simplier to figure out. But if your friends are not on, not much to do on it after the mission of the day, if you are not a paying player (permament resident). And I am a reluctant to be a paying member until I know if it is something I will stay with. I wish VFK was up to playable, it has the most potential for the type of game that fits me. But it is not even close yet.

Hi,

For now I have to say I like Smallworlds better. I find the graphics in Socia make me dizzy and I find it hard to navigate. Smallworlds the graphics don't seem as wavy to me and are not making me dizzy and i found it easy to navigate. I also like the fact that i am able to customize my home and bring my own Disney pictures and VMK pictures into it. A very cool feature.

Bug

Thanks bug for posting this, lol, i thought i was losing my mind. The graphics in sociotown also make me dizzy, i cant take that constantly switching camera angle. Makes me feel like im in a mild version of cloverfield, lol.

Both have thier positives and negatives. Sociotown is 3D, SmallWorld has a more VMK-like look.

Right now, I think I prefer SmallWorlds. I love the items that connect to Flickr, YouTube etc. That is really neat. In beta, the free accounts don't seem to have any limits. But I don't think we've seen much about how they plan to make money with the game. There is a mention on the homepage about "premium games" and two of the home options when you sign up are "premium" as well. I would assume that means we'll have to pay for things once the game leaves beta. I would like to see advertising tie-ins like they do with Scion and new movie releases over at Gaia as a method for them to make money.

We can see the Sociotown business model. They want you to spend real world money to buy in-game credits to pay rent on your apartment or buy stuff. The free accounts are so crippled that I don't think I was able to really experience the game. Unfortunately, I wasn't interested enough to spend a little cash to find out. Still it's cute and the way it encourages social interaction is pretty cool.

What really matters is will I be able to find my VMK friends there? I'm not sure this group as a whole has settled anywhere yet.

If I could only pick one, I would say Smallworlds but I dont see any reason you would have to pick only 1.

I explained why in the first post, but I guess it kind of rambled on. Basically, I'm already registered with two games, though the one hasn't officially opened yet. It's going to be hard enough keeping up with two games (assuming VFK starts doing things to keep up with), but the comments about these two games (SocioTown and SmallWorlds) have me so interested that I want to join. I'll have a hard time keeping up with three games, but I DEFINITELY can't keep up with four, so I want to do one or the other.

I'm really shocked by the unanimity of this thread. I expected it to be pretty close, but it seems like virtually everybody has said either SmallWorlds or has given a neutral comment. Interesting. Thanks, everyone :)

I think sociotown may be better if you want a limited commitment. Small Worlds has more going on; Sociotown is better for just popping in for a chat.

(as for the getting dizzy with the view...you get used to it quickly)

I think sociotown may be better if you want a limited commitment. Small Worlds has more going on; Sociotown is better for just popping in for a chat.

(as for the getting dizzy with the view...you get used to it quickly)

I wish that was true but I can not even play pirates because of the wavy graphics. It makes me dizzy and get a headache. oh well guess true 3d games not for me.

The more I am in smallworlds the more I like it. I opened a flickr account added a couple of DLR pics and bought the large mural and put them in it as a slide show-all I can say is WOW!! This game is really customizable. I say try both and see what best fits you or where your friends are more. I have seen a huge crowd for vmk trying smallworlds but in the end only you can decide what is best for you.

BUg

Smallworlds. It's a lot better than Sociotown because it's so much easier to sit and chat with people (and you don't have to pay real money for everything).

I vote smallworlds byyyy far!! Sociotown.. small gaming screen lots of movement makes me ill playing to long.
I am lovin smallworlds, this is one game that has serious potential. WOOT

Smallworlds. It's a lot better than Sociotown because it's so much easier to sit and chat with people (and you don't have to pay real money for everything).

you can get a job get 20 SBs a day

Sociotown- Sweet and I only tried that like 2 times. Its neat but with only one mission a day seems like ppl get bored and sounds like the chat gets pretty disgusting

Smallworlds- I love all the missions that are constantly going on. Its better tho if they limit it to a one person mission. Sometimes if you have to depend on others it gets to frustrating IE VMK BLACKHEART QUEST cries! But this site has some great cool possibilities that I think we are all going to enjoy, even if it costs a few bucks a month.

Vfk- even with the other games being in beta format we dont get bored, like we do in vfk. All there is to do is walk around. Even if they add a mini game its still got to many bugs.

My vote: SMALLWORLDS!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I'm loving Sociotown for the clever sense of humor, the cute avatars and clothes, and the small town feeling when it comes to finding your friends and chatting. I've paid for a month to give it a full try.
I'm loving Smallworlds for the building aspect, the pets, the many games, the pictures, music, video etc. But as some have said already, it's big, lots of strangers around, easy enough to search for friends but I have yet to just bump into somebody I know.
As far as inappropriate chat goes, I've not seen very much in either game as of yet, but I wouldn't let young kids play either one.

When they both leave beta I will pay for one or the other if they are both reasonably priced, and will continue to play the free version of the other, haven't decided which yet.

:hippie: Mamacita

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter