Which is better story book dining or Boma

CamillaF

Mouseketeer
Here is my situation. I am staying at animal kingdom lodge with my twin daughters. Turning 9 on this trip. I am planning a Wednesday long day in magic kingdom rope drop to extend hours. We are planning a midday break back at the resort. Should I get an ADR for boma? We can eat quite a bit before going back. Or is story book dining not to be missed? My family all are adventurous eaters. So the menus at both look good. We are going on Disney Wish after so will have a frozen theamed dinner, but have no other princess dinners planned.

I've never been to Boma, but we did Storybook on our Magic Kingdom day. We were staying offsite, so it was a good hotel to get to quickly and relax in the lobby for awhile before our dining reservation - we stayed for over an hour chilling in the lobby. We also didn't do rope drop to late night, more like 10 hours total from midmorning to an hour after fireworks.

The Storybook experience is just so much fun, between the characters and atmosphere to the food, it's one that I would definitely suggest doing, and I'm sure the girls will love seeing Snow White!

However, I don't know that I'd leave the park, go back to AKL then to Wilderness Lodge and then back to Magic Kingdom. Timewise, it'd be so much easier and convenient to hit Boma after your break. You also wouldn't have to trust Disney transportation to get you to the reservation on time.

Will you have a car? If so, that might tip my scale for Storybook :). If not, I'd probably be more inclined to do Boma since I agree, that relying on transportation might be tough. We've also never done Boma (whatever reason I've had to cancel it each time, but it's still on my bucket list!)

We just recently booked Storybook at 4:30 p.m. between our hopping from AK to MK as our break - but we'll have a car this trip. Our plan is to drive from AK to MK and then boat to WL. My kids are older now though, so a midday hotel break is 100% going to be shut down by my teen, lol.

(Edit Typo on AK and MK)

Will you have a car? If so, that might tip my scale for Storybook :). If not, I'd probably be more inclined to do Boma since I agree, that relying on transportation might be tough. We've also never done Boma (whatever reason I've had to cancel it each time, but it's still on my bucket list!)

We just recently booked Storybook at 4:30 p.m. between our hopping from AK to MK as our break - but we'll have a car this trip. Our plan is to drive from AK to MK and then boat to WL. My kids are older now though, so a midday hotel break is 100% going to be shut down by my teen, lol.

(Edit Typo on AK and MK)
We also have a car. Thanks for your input. I am hoping my twins allow for an afternoon pool break.

We also have a car. Thanks for your input. I am hoping my twins allow for an afternoon pool break.
Too bad you can't pool hop and take your swim break at Wilderness! ☺️😀.

I agree, driving yourself to your reservation will be a good timesaver. The interesting thing though is that while the TTC parking lot is right across from the Wilderness exit, I think you have to head down the highway a bit, then do a U turn to be able to access the parking lot toll booth. I could be wrong, I haven't done that, it's just what I thought I'd have to do if we were driving to the lodge. But since we didn't go back to our hotel, We ended up just taking the bus from MK to WL.

I'm sure you'll love whichever restaurant you choose, have a great trip!

Boma serves only breakfast and dinner.

Breakfast: 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Dinner: 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

I just looked this up on the official site to make sure.

So you can do Boma only if your midday break is at or after 5 p.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter