Which is a better discount, annual pass or tables in wonderland?

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
I know TIW give the 20% discount and then add back on the 18% for tip automatically, but doesn't the AP right now give 20% off as well right now and then i can give the tip myself?

That works great then, we have 10 day trip planned for june and an 11 day trip planned for nov. i think my TIW card expires soon so i can wait to renew it then!

The TiW discount is better than the AP discount because the TiW includes alcohol in the calculation.

but doesn't the AP right now give 20% off as well right now and then i can give the tip myself?
Yes, but that doesn't affect the actual decision on which is better. Using either discount you would be expected to tip.

of course i tip, i just like it not added on and i usually tip more, just something about them saying you must tip a certain amount always left a bad taste with me, and i always tipped a lot more

I'm pretty sure AP is not 20% at all places. You would have to check the official list and compare to the TiW list.
As PP mentioned, TiW includes alcohol, it also has the great perk of free valet when dining. TiW does have some block out dates.

You need to spend about $750 in food and alcohol to break even on your TiW investment of $150.00 - even tho the AP is scheduled to drop back to 10% off their participating restaurants we decided not to get the TiW...if you already have an AP then when you do your calculations, be sure to compare the cost against the already 10% you are getting with your AP (does that make sense?!)

Our TiW paid for itself before our second visit was over...third and fourth visit was all gravy....we tend to imbibe a bit on vacay...but the 20% Annual Pass came in handy on those places not covered by TiW...it was/is a good year. We put down both cards when ordering and paying the bill.

For my family, the 20% AP has been worth it.

We usually go during Christmas, but have decided to go during Easter and Halloween this year, as well. Christmas is still up in the air, but I'm sure we'll do it.

TIW is blacked out on 12/24 (I believe) 12/25, 12/31, 1/1 (I believe).... and I think Easter, although the CM allowed us to use the AP at 'Ohana on Easter.

For us, the price outweighs the discount. We priced out the TIW for Christmas and our other trips vs. meal plan vs. AP discount. We don't drink much at Disney. We'll have a drink and usually have our most expensive meals (Signatures) on Christmas Eve, Christmas and NYE, when the TIW is blacked out, so it doesn't wind up making sense.

To answer your question, though, the TiW seems to be accepted at more places and offers 20% discount. The 20% AP, as others have mentioned, will be over soon.

I'm pretty sure AP is not 20% at all places. You would have to check the official list and compare to the TiW list.
As PP mentioned, TiW includes alcohol, it also has the great perk of free valet when dining. TiW does have some block out dates.

Agreed...even with the current promotion there are a good handful of places that only give you 10% rather than the normal 20% TIW discount. But there are so many "trade-offs" off course starting with the initial charge for TIW to begin with. If you have a family of 4 or more and go to WDW frequently or have a lot of alcoholic beverages and/or do more "sit-downs" TIW may be the better choice. Currently the AP discount does include more QS service than the TIW does.

TIW's valet parking is also a VERY BIG perk IMHO as it makes it much easier to dine at a resort during high peak times if you drive and want to park your car there. (case in point- Bon Voyage breakfast @ the BW)-we were just there last week and we were lucky as there was parking still available in their lot but during the weekends/holidays/summer peak seasons there may not be and they will tell you to go to the park and take transportation from there!) Just some things to think about;)

As many said there are only a few months left with the AP promotion as well unless they plan on extending that.

The parking perk doesnt help us, we live in AZ and fly in and dont rent a car. ive had TIW for years, just keep renewing. Mine expires in July right now. We usually go to WDW 2-3 times a year for about 9-11 days each so we do get our money back out of it! thanks for all the replies

When we were there in March, only 2 places we ate gave us the 20% AP discount, I think another gave us the 10% and every other place nada. When I got the TIW, it paid for itself in 3 days but there were 3 adults and we enjoyed refreshing adult beverages at every meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter