Which hotel to stay?

gatorfreud

DIS Veteran
Hello: We are visiting Paris in July and will spend 2 days at Disneyland... we are going to go ahead and spend 1 night there since it is not much more than just the tickets as far as I can tell.

I think we would do Seqouia (but pool under refurb, but not sure we care that much?), Cheyenne, or Santa Fe... all similar price. Newport a fair amount more so we would not choose it unless there is a really good reason.

Planning to just be at the parks pretty much the entire day each day, so we don't need any big amenities. Just need somewhere to sleep and get the early hour. :)

Any advice? Thank you!!
Kim

If you need a place to sleep, just go for the cheapest option. For that, the hotels are pretty much all comparable. The breakfast, beds and AC are all approx. the same.

So it comes down to theming and do you want to walk 5-10 minutes or 15-20 minutes.
Yes, there are buses, but that is not a time saver.

If you can afford it- MARVEL! The resort is STUNNING and the room is very nice and large (you'll get a cool surprise on the TV your first day- be sure to look for it!).

If it's just a place to lay your head and the park is the priority then I would be going for Cheyenne. By using a Disney hotel you will have the extra magic hours in the morning at both parks, great to get to the front of the q for Crush's Coaster!

There's not much in the price between Santa Fe and Cheyenne both are the budget option, yet the theming is way better. if you want 5 minutes less walk and can afford the difference, Sequoia lodge is closer to the park and disney village and the rooms are bigger.

I was looking for input as well. Was hoping for our first trip to DLP to stay at the Disneyland Hotel but it is being refurbed this year. Marvel is currently sold out for our dates so considering Newport or Sequoia Lodge. Has anyone stayed in the Gold Forest Club Rooms? Is it worth the extra cost?

Last edited:
I was looking for input as well. Was hoping for our first trip to DLP to stay at the Disneyland Hotel but it is being refurbed this year. Marvel is currently sold out for our dates so considering Newport or Sequoia Lodge. Has anyone stayed in teh Gold Forest Club Rooms? Is it worth the extra cost?
Staying there at this moment. I prefer the club in Sequoia over New Port Bay I love the vibe of the lounge. In offerings it is similar.

Staying there at this moment. I prefer the club in Sequoia over New Port Bay I love the vibe of the lounge. In offerings it is similar.
Thanks! I'm picturing the Sequoia Lodge to be similar to WDW's Wilderness Lodge. Is this the case?

Thanks! I'm picturing the Sequoia Lodge to be similar to WDW's Wilderness Lodge. Is this the case?
Yes, definitely same inspiration, but you have to keep in mind: Disneyland Paris has hotels, WDW has resorts. This means less amenities and less decor.
I normally stay as cheap as possible, but due to a mistake at Booking.com my booking at Cheyenne got cancelled and I had to rebook. Only thing available was Golden Forest. Normally we only do this during the Run Weekends, when we know we will make more use of the lounge and room.

Things I like having about club level:
- Own check in desk / luggage storage.
- Room in the main building
- Larger room (my friend had to make a business call during the day, it was nice to have a bit more space)
- Lounge access, it was busy in the parks, we got up very early today, so it's nice to have a place to retreat with drinks and snacks.

Technically there isn't much difference between Sequoia Lodge and New Port Bay, club level or regular. I am just not a very nautical person. The woods are more my thing. The view from NPB is a bit more scenic with how the hotel/lake are positioned, but I do not care a lot about views. It's nice to have a great view, but a good view is good enough :)

Downside of this room, there are only 3 outlets, 2 not conveniently located. I don't remember this being an issue at NPB.

Yes, definitely same inspiration, but you have to keep in mind: Disneyland Paris has hotels, WDW has resorts. This means less amenities and less decor.
I normally stay as cheap as possible, but due to a mistake at Booking.com my booking at Cheyenne got cancelled and I had to rebook. Only thing available was Golden Forest. Normally we only do this during the Run Weekends, when we know we will make more use of the lounge and room.

Things I like having about club level:
- Own check in desk / luggage storage.
- Room in the main building
- Larger room (my friend had to make a business call during the day, it was nice to have a bit more space)
- Lounge access, it was busy in the parks, we got up very early today, so it's nice to have a place to retreat with drinks and snacks.

Technically there isn't much difference between Sequoia Lodge and New Port Bay, club level or regular. I am just not a very nautical person. The woods are more my thing. The view from NPB is a bit more scenic with how the hotel/lake are positioned, but I do not care a lot about views. It's nice to have a great view, but a good view is good enough :)

Downside of this room, there are only 3 outlets, 2 not conveniently located. I don't remember this being an issue at NPB.
Thanks so much! This will be our first trip to DLP and Europe so want everything to be wonderful!

Thanks so much! This will be our first trip to DLP and Europe so want everything to be wonderful!
:) wonderful is mainly a state of mind. Just go in with an open mind and appreciate Disneyland Paris for what it is, not how it compares to other parks.

To add about the hotels, keep in mind that in Europe standard hotel room sizes and mattress sizes are different from the US. Also in Europe we like a firm mattress and when we are warm we open a window ;)

To add about the hotels, keep in mind that in Europe standard hotel room sizes and mattress sizes are different from the US. Also in Europe we like a firm mattress and when we are warm we open a window ;)
Does this mean hotels don't have A/C? We will be visiting in July.

Does this mean hotels don't have A/C? We will be visiting in July.
There is A/C, but it is nothing like what you consider A/C in the US. You will not be able to cool your hotel room to 70 degrees or lower.
There are plenty of articles written about the differences in air conditioning between Europe and the US. I suggest to consult Google.

For DLP for sure, you will be warm in July. If you are visiting other cities, just check with the hotel. It can dependent on the chain what they have.

Also looking for advice on this -- we're going in mid September (just me and DH), and I'm currently leaning towards Art of Marvel, cause it's closer to the parks and DH is a big Marvel fan. We can swing the price point, but I'm trying to figure out if there's anything cool/unique about the other hotels that I should look into before booking?

I've done WDW several times, and since we're American the whole "American" hotel aesthetic isn't a super huge draw. Newport and Sequoia look kind of reminiscent of Yacht/Beach Club at Disneyworld?

Also looking for advice on this -- we're going in mid September (just me and DH), and I'm currently leaning towards Art of Marvel, cause it's closer to the parks and DH is a big Marvel fan. We can swing the price point, but I'm trying to figure out if there's anything cool/unique about the other hotels that I should look into before booking?

I've done WDW several times, and since we're American the whole "American" hotel aesthetic isn't a super huge draw. Newport and Sequoia look kind of reminiscent of Yacht/Beach Club at Disneyworld?
All hotels except the Disneyland Hotel have an American aesthetic :)
Santa Fe: Dessert/Mexican/Cars-theme
Cheyenne: Cowboys
Sequoia: National parks
Newport Bay: New England(?) - nautical
Marvel: Formerly known as Hotel New York - Superheroes

Main question with hotels is: Do you plan to go back to the hotel for breaks, or do you just need a place to sleep?

All hotels except the Disneyland Hotel have an American aesthetic :)
Santa Fe: Dessert/Mexican/Cars-theme
Cheyenne: Cowboys
Sequoia: National parks
Newport Bay: New England(?) - nautical
Marvel: Formerly known as Hotel New York - Superheroes

Main question with hotels is: Do you plan to go back to the hotel for breaks, or do you just need a place to sleep?
We are staying at the Sequoia right now-- and I have walked to the other main hotels. New York is stunning and the pool looks great! Newport is reminiscent of the Bach Club. Santa Fe is a concrete jungle and the Cheyenne has a good theme and wonderful lobby. The Sequoia is sufficient-- pool mostly open (the outside part is closed, but the interior pool is very nice), and the wooded setting is great. Nice walkable wooded paths, and a great outside deck. The lounge is also very nice. The rooms here need to be updated-- slightly sleazy feel and lack of outlets. But conveniently located and easy walk to the parks. So I'd recommend New York if price not an issue, then Sequoia for convenience. If price an issue definitely Cheyenne.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter