Which has better food: Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree Tavern

Luildinha

Earning My Ears
My family of 7 is going to WDW in december and we would like to know which restaurant has better food, Crystal Palace os Liberty Tree? We´ll have a 3 year old that will probably enjoy the characters at the Crystal Palace, but we are unsure if the quality of the food there would also justify spending more in this meal.

Any inputs are appreciated!

Gaby.

My family of 7 is going to WDW in december and we would like to know which restaurant has better food, Crystal Palace os Liberty Tree? We´ll have a 3 year old that will probably enjoy the characters at the Crystal Palace, but we are unsure if the quality of the food there would also justify spending more in this meal.

Any inputs are appreciated!

Gaby.
Are we talking about lunch or dinner?

For lunch, i'd go with Liberty Tree. The lunch menu is good, and it'll be cheaper for you. For dinner....meh. Probably still liberty tree, but you cant go wrong with Crystal Palace either, esp since the little one likes the characters. I enjoyed the dinner at Crystal Palace. But to be honest, if you want to save a bit of money, try having breakfast here instead of lunch/dinner. It'll be cheaper. Better yet, why not try a late breakfast and make it a brunch? Crystal Palace breakfast is one of my faves. :)

It´s dinner! We are going to be on MK on december 27th, a very very croweded day, so I figured it would be good to have a place to sit, eat and rest for a bit before the fireworks.

Crystal Palace is one of my family's favorites, even now that my kids are older and aren't so much into the character experience.

We've always liked the food at Liberty Tree better than Crystal Place. But your 3yr old would like CP better.

I didn't really like the food at crystal palace but my kids loved it there. I think buffet style is easier with a large group and three year old.

I would go with Liberty Tree if looking for dinner as a respite from a busy day. I always found character buffets with little ones kinda hectic-fun, yes but not relaxing.

Liberty Tree hands down. I'm not a fan of Crystal Palace and only go there when I've got my niece and nephew with me. I'm not a fan of the food and it's always pure chaos in there.

Liberty Tree for virtually the same reasons posted. I actually enjoy the food there but for some it's hit or miss from one dinner there to the next. I haven't done lunch there. I really enjoyed the crystal palace breakfast but I'm a huge Winnie the pooh fan.

I would also choose LTT over lunch or dinner at CP. I like the options at lunch better, but I also love the turkey feast at dinner. I prefer CP for breakfast - love the Pooh's Puffed French Toast!

I would go with Liberty Tree if looking for dinner as a respite from a busy day. I always found character buffets with little ones kinda hectic-fun, yes but not relaxing.

I agree with this, particularly on a really busy park day. CP is chaotic as it is. During Christmas week it will just be worse. I would give yourself a break and eat at LTT. I think the food quality is pretty equal - both in the mediocre range.

Well I'm going to buck the trend and say Crystal Palace has better food. At the very least you will have far more variety and more choices at CP which includes pretty much the main things you will get at LTT anyway (roasted meats, gravy, mashed potatoes) plus so much more to choose from. LTT dinner menu is very limited. Overall the quality itself isn't any different, but CP wins for variety and choice.

Well I'm going to buck the trend and say Crystal Palace has better food. At the very least you will have far more variety and more choices at CP which includes pretty much the main things you will get at LTT anyway (roasted meats, gravy, mashed potatoes) plus so much more to choose from. LTT dinner menu is very limited. Overall the quality itself isn't any different, but CP wins for variety and choice.
you took the words right out of my mouth. Plus tigger and pooh! I would really not say liberty tree aycte is appreciably better than CP and for similar cost I'd prefer to have characters and something more Disney as well as a lot more variety.

for lunch I would pick LTT.

Last edited:
My 20's sons prefer CP. They also like the characters. Food is about the same quality at either place.

Luildinha, I am just curious as to whether or not you already have both restaurants booked. If you do not already have the ADR, you may find it very difficult to book those restaurants now for Christmas week, especially with a party of seven.

Luildinha, I am just curious as to whether or not you already have both restaurants booked. If you do not already have the ADR, you may find it very difficult to book those restaurants now for Christmas week, especially with a party of seven.
I have CP booked right now for dinner at 5pm. After all the opinions I decided to keep this one.
Thanks everyone!

We love dinner at CP! We are not big fans of buffets- but my kiddos love Pooh & crew- its super fun- and has a great selection of fresh items. I can always find a good array of salads and proteins. The deserts at CP are meh- better to grab something else in the park. LTT is nice- but bland. I have given LTT a go with our family a few times but its always running behind, im not crazy about a heavy meal, but i love that ooey gooey toffee cake! If I could do desert at LTT and the food at CP- i would be happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter