Which entry for first use of ticket?

fely1st

Mouseketeer
Going to DL for the first time end of october. :dogdance:I think when you use your tickets for the first time Disney will do a picture or get fingerprints (?). So, do I have to use the main entrance for this or can I go with the GCH entrance (since we stay there) or monorail entrance. I would hate to wait in line for rope drop and then get told to use an other entrance. Thanks for helping.

Going to DL for the first time end of october. :dogdance:I think when you use your tickets for the first time Disney will do a picture or get fingerprints (?). So, do I have to use the main entrance for this or can I go with the GCH entrance (since we stay there) or monorail entrance. I would hate to wait in line for rope drop and then get told to use an other entrance. Thanks for helping.
They take your picture and you can use any entrance. The GCH entrance can sometimes be backed up at park opening.

Thank you. I will keep your info about GCH entry in mind but with the time difference between Germany and LA I will most likely be up very very early and maybe first in line :D.

They use the mobile ticket scanners to take photos (I think they are just iPhones or something similar) so it’s fine to use whatever entrance and whichever turnstile you want!

now that they are taking pictures for all multi-day passes, are they still requiring guests to sign their tickets before leaving the booth? this used to slow down the entry process. I was going suggest that they sign their tickets ahead of time but didn't know what the current process was.

now that they are taking pictures for all multi-day passes, are they still requiring guests to sign their tickets before leaving the booth? this used to slow down the entry process. I was going suggest that they sign their tickets ahead of time but didn't know what the current process was.

Since handstamps have been eliminated, all tickets require a photo now, not just multi day.

When you buy your ticket at the booths the Cast Member will ask you to write down the persons first name on paper- then the CM will enter that persons name into the computer and it will be printed on the ticket.

If you purchased the ticket online, the name should be automatically printed on the ticket as a first and last name is required at checkout for each ticket.

The only ticket that now require peoples signatures are tickets purchased through 3rd party ticket stores.

Since handstamps have been eliminated, all tickets require a photo now, not just multi day.

When you buy your ticket at the booths the Cast Member will ask you to write down the persons first name on paper- then the CM will enter that persons name into the computer and it will be printed on the ticket.

If you purchased the ticket online, the name should be automatically printed on the ticket as a first and last name is required at checkout for each ticket.

The only ticket that now require peoples signatures are tickets purchased through 3rd party ticket stores.

We got our E-Tickets tickets from Last Min Travel Club for when I was there a few weeks ago with my 9yo DD and I scanned them on the app before we went to the park. Our pics were taken but we did not have to write our names on the tickets and they were not automatically printed on the ticket either. Granted our names might not have shown because I believe I had entered them on the app when I linked them so they might show up on the CM's machine when scanned. Our tickets were easy to tell apart as they were from Pixar Fest and mine was an adult and of course her's was a child ticket and she got Joy and Sadness and I got Mike and Sully. Also no signature was required for our LMTC tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter