Which do you recommned?

smartestblonde

Earning My Ears
We are currently at Disney and can make a reservation at the following locations last minute, so I thought I would check with the experts to see which one you suggest?

Ohana (we are staying at Poly)
Tony's at MK
Liberty Tavern
50's Prime

I second O'Hanas.

I also enjoy liberty tree tavern but if I had to choose, I'd go with O'Hanas.

I would pick either Ohana or 50's. They both get consistently good recommendations on here.

We stopped in Port Canaveral for 1 day on our 8 night Magic cruise.. We hit all 4 parks but only did 1 ADR - Prime time..second choice would be Liberty Tree.. I didn't care much for the food at Ohana (my husband loved it though).

Ohana's would be my pick. It is for meat lovers with skewers of beef, chicken, pork and shrimp brought to your table. Appetizers, salad and dessert are also excellent. Its on our must do list every trip.

Tony's is on a lot of favorite lists but we've always enjoyed our dinner there. Always good food and service every time. We eat there for our MK day and never been disappointed.

Kona, also at Poly is on our must do list. Food is excellent. One of the best restaurants in WDW in my opinion.

I think Ohana is so overrated. The quality of food is not good, and I had a 520pm ADR. Very slimy chicken wings, dry pot stickers, the steak was not a good cut of meat at all, pork was nasty, chicken was the only decent piece of meat. Noodles werent bad, but nothing to write home about. My faves were the salad, bread, and dessert.

I would pick 50's for sure. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Love the antics, hilarious. And the food is great.

Well I just described 50's to DH and he gave it thumbs down....he said that I yell at him enough already, he doesn't want strangers yelling at him. And Ohana is out as we've decided we don't want to go back to hotel before fireworks.

Looks like Crystal Palace might be available too....so between that an liberty tree, what do you think???

I Very slimy chicken wings, dry pot stickers, the steak was not a good cut of meat at all, pork was nasty, chicken was the only decent piece of meat.

We've always had excellent meats. One of the problems is many do not make requests for how they like their meats cooked. Then they complain that the beef for instance is overcooked. We always request our beef medium rare and its always perfect, tender and juicy. Never had anything bad there.

smartestblonde said:
Well I just described 50's to DH and he gave it thumbs down....he said that I yell at him enough already, he doesn't want strangers yelling at him. And Ohana is out as we've decided we don't want to go back to hotel before fireworks.

Looks like Crystal Palace might be available too....so between that an liberty tree, what do you think???

We love LTT for dinner (and lunch). Dinner is all you care to eat carved turkey, steak, pork tenderloin, mac n cheese, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes and a cranberry cake dessert. Oh and salad and bread with honey butter. We leave stuffed! We prefer that to the buffet dinner CP. good luck! Sorry if it's too late for this to help.

princessallegra said:
We love LTT for dinner (and lunch). Dinner is all you care to eat carved turkey, steak, pork tenderloin, mac n cheese, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes and a cranberry cake dessert. Oh and salad and bread with honey butter. We leave stuffed! We prefer that to the buffet dinner CP. good luck! Sorry if it's too late for this to help.

Oh good....we were able to get a reservation for the 8 of us at LTT for dinner this evening. As much as I wanted to try Ohana it was worth going back and forth to do it. Thanks for all of the responses!

smartestblonde said:
Oh good....we were able to get a reservation for the 8 of us at LTT for dinner this evening. As much as I wanted to try Ohana it was worth going back and forth to do it. Thanks for all of the responses!

Yay! I hope you enjoy it! We like being served at the table after a park day, as opposed to self serve at a buffet. We always ask for extra steak and green beans lol. Hope your trip is going great!

We've always had excellent meats. One of the problems is many do not make requests for how they like their meats cooked. Then they complain that the beef for instance is overcooked. We always request our beef medium rare and its always perfect, tender and juicy. Never had anything bad there.

The problem wasnt how the meat was cooked, it was actually cooked medium well, just how i like it. The problem is the quality of the meat. It was terrible. Honestly, im glad i tried it. But I will never go there again.

goofyintoronto said:
The problem wasnt how the meat was cooked, it was actually cooked medium well, just how i like it. The problem is the quality of the meat. It was terrible. Honestly, im glad i tried it. But I will never go there again.

Yeah we felt the same way about 'Ohana. We ate there on our first night back in 2007. It was just ok. The service was worse than the food back then! It's been long enough now that DH and I have been considering trying it again! Is that crazy?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter