Which do you prefer...Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree Tavern?

You are going to get so many different opinions. ;)

I prefer CP due to food.

LTT is Thanksgiving-style food, Stouffers Mac & cheese. My girls didn't like it at all. They much prefer CP.

LTT is family style, though, so some think it's more relaxing then a buffet.

Good luck deciding.

Crystal Palace has better food, more character interaction and better service.
I would go back to CP for any meal (in fact have two booked for Sept), but will never book LTT again.
:wave:

cdntourguide said:
I would go back to CP for any meal, but will never book LTT again.

I totally agree with you! :thumbsup2

We absolutely love LTT. It has become a family tradition to spend Thanksgiving meal at LTT when we are in WDW. We will be trying CP this trip and will see how we like it.

cdntourguide said:
I would go back to CP for any meal (in fact have two booked for Sept), but will never book LTT again.
I agree :thumbsup2

I also really like the decor and the brightness at CP. It has a greenhouse feel to it.

I think CP has the best buffet and character interaction. I have never been disappointed. I have had breakfast, lunch, and dinner at CP.

I was disappointed in LTT for the dinner in both food and character interaction, HOWEVER - I loved LTT at lunch when you can order a la carte. THEN the food was great. Also it was pretty quiet with no characters to interrupt your dining. So we will be doing both, CP for dinner and LTT for lunch. :goodvibes

CP, it just has such a great variety of food, something for everyone. My kids love buffets, they just enjoy being able to get their food right away and being able to try different things.

We really like both but if I had to pick one it would be LTT. We try to do both but if not possible we'll usually do CP for breakfast and LTT for dinner.

CP is the best buffet on property in my opinion - at least for lunch and dinner. And I like their food more than most of the other TS restaurants for that matter. I have never been disappointed here. My 4 yr old is diabetic and allergic to peanuts/tree nuts and they do a superior job of taking care of him as well.

LTT - at dinner we had good character interaction but the food - bleh! A step above a tv dinner! We had lunch here on our last trip and enjoyed that however - my salad was excellent.

CP is a beautiful restaurant - all the glass and windows - the views out on the castle and etc. LTT seems cramped and dark by comparison. If you do LTT try to take care of bathroom needs beforehand - the bathroom is upstairs and tiny - for the ladies room we waited FORVER.

Selket said:
CP is the best buffet on property in my opinion - at least for lunch and dinner. And I like their food more than most of the other TS restaurants for that matter. I have never been disappointed here. My 4 yr old is diabetic and allergic to peanuts/tree nuts and they do a superior job of taking care of him as well.

I have to agree. We just got back yesterday - ate at many TS restaurants(used the dining plan) and our favorite meal was at the Crystal Palace. Excellent buffet - we went for dinner - and the character interaction was wonderful. Beautiful location and a terrific server. This will be a must do on ALL future trips! :wizard:

I like the food & the atmosphere at CP but won't ever eat there again until they replace Pooh & Friends with some other characters. LTT food is just OK but I think the Character interaction is great there.

cdntourguide said:

Why will you never go back to LTT? I'm curious. We have it booked as our first night meal in August. There seem to be a lot of people on both sides of this issue! :)

Thanks,

Beth :tink:

We'll be eating at LTT this Sunday for a Mother's Day dinner. (never been there before).
I'm glad that there are some favorable reviews here about it.

BTW, we're eating at CP on Friday night (we've been there once before).

So for CP character dining... do they offer all meals? (B,L,D)

If they do offer all... which is the best? Food and interaction wise?

For us it would be:

CP for breakfast before the park opens

LTT for lunch - you order of the menu, no characters

CP for dinner because they have a great variety, and I don't like Stouffer's food

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter