Which dinner show in August with two boys?

ReallyFunMom

DIS Veteran
I mention August in case any of them don't have great air conditioning. Boys are 6 & 7. I was leaning toward Dixie Stampede since thought it sounded highest in quality. OuttaControl magic show sounds good too but maybe they are a little young and it would be better to wait until older and could enjoy the Wonderworks with the show. Any advice? Thanks.

ReallyFunMom said:
I mention August in case any of them don't have great air conditioning. Boys are 6 & 7. I was leaning toward Dixie Stampede since thought it sounded highest in quality. OuttaControl magic show sounds good too but maybe they are a little young and it would be better to wait until older and could enjoy the Wonderworks with the show. Any advice? Thanks.

That's funny...I was going to reply: "Anything with air conditioning!!":teeth:

We haven't been to a dinner show yet, our boys are 8...so looking forward to hearing other's opinions:)

:sunny:

Dixie Stampede is very good. We have also done Arabian Nights, Medieval Times (fun for the boys) and Pirates Dinner Adventure. Food was the best at Arabian Nights. My now 14 year old son said his favorites were Medieval Times and Pirates. Go with whichever you can get the best deal at.

Joanne :)

I have been to the Pirate Show and Dixe Stampede. I think for the ages of your boys that the Pirate Show would be pretty cool for them. Also you can usually find some pretty good discounts on tickets. My son as well as several boys (same age of yours) were able to be part of the show. And he loved it. We were able to get some good photos. The food was alright. I dont remember it being wonderful but I dont remember being hungry afterward. Dixie show we got to see was the Christmas so and it was wonderful but Pirates are awesome for little boys! pirate:

Just got a flyer in the mail from AAA. Tickets for most of the dinner shows are on sale. Dixie Stampede was the best deal at $30.99 per ticket, which is a significant savings.

Joanne

momoftwodisneykids said:
Just got a flyer in the mail from AAA. Tickets for most of the dinner shows are on sale. Dixie Stampede was the best deal at $30.99 per ticket, which is a significant savings.

Joanne

Does it have any numbers to call to get these prices? I have AAA here in New Orleans and would love to receive a savings.

We have done Medieval Times twice. Our boys loved it. They were 2, and 7 the first time and 4 and 10 the second time. It was worth every penny to us.

Doodlebug939 said:
Does it have any numbers to call to get these prices? I have AAA here in New Orleans and would love to receive a savings.

You can purchase these online at www.aaasouth.com. Right on the homepage, you will see a box saying "Attractions and Movie Tickets". Click on "Search for Tickets". On the next page, click on the dinner show you want. Prices are:

Arabian Nights $36.95 AD/23.95 CH
Medieval Times $38.50 AD/28.50 CH
Sleuths Mystery Dinner $38.95 AD only (would not recommend for little kids)
Pirates Dinner Adventure $36.95 AD/22.50 CH
Dixie Stampede $30.99 AD/17.50 CH

For the price, I would HIGHLY recommend Dixie Stampede. Food was good and the show was fun. We went at Christmas time and it was great. Make sure you allow enough time for the pre-show and to see the horse stables as that is part of the fun. Heck for that price, I might even have to consider going back soon. The only problem is our next trip we have free Disney dining, so I won't have to pay for food.

Hope this information helps.

Joanne :wizard:

momoftwodisneykids said:
You can purchase these online at www.aaasouth.com. Right on the homepage, you will see a box saying "Attractions and Movie Tickets". Click on "Search for Tickets". On the next page, click on the dinner show you want. Prices are:

For the price, I would HIGHLY recommend Dixie Stampede. Food was good and the show was fun. We went at Christmas time and it was great. Make sure you allow enough time for the pre-show and to see the horse stables as that is part of the fun. Heck for that price, I might even have to consider going back soon. The only problem is our next trip we have free Disney dining, so I won't have to pay for food.

Thanks for posting this. I logged into my AAA. And I find the Attraction and Movie tickets section. But then I find no button that says search for tickets. I will figure out which one that we want to go to this weekend and then just call my local AAA on Monday.

ETA: I FOUND IT I FOUND IT. When I clicked on AAA south it asks for my Zip code. And I put the one here in New Orleans. But then I did it again and looked for an Orlando Zip code and got a different page that looked like the one you have described. Hope that helps someone else.

Just come back in from the Pirates Dinner Show tonight. We went when it first opened 10 years ago and It was great then but much better this time. My two boys 13 and 3 really enjoyed it.

We were tempted to upgrade to better seats and guaranteed particiation but decided not to. We then found ourselves seated right behind the front row, my hubby and eldest son got picked out by our pirate, had great views and it didn't cost a cent. The only thing we ddn't get was a free bandana and a souvenir hat - although my eldest got one for goimg up onto the ship anyway.

I would recommend Pirates as a good evening out - but get there early enough to enjoy the pre show entertainment too.

Gail

Pirates is good for kids, but the food is not as good as many of the others. Midievel Times is great, but pricey. I always consider Arabien a lower quality. A good fun night is always Capones. For 25 bucks an adult (kids 3 and udner free and others to 12 are 13 bucks) it is a great deal. Great Italian Buffet and the show is humorus even to kids. Getting to Pirates can be a pain depending on your seating time, but I am sure they would love the show. We got cheap tickets on line via a google search so find some cheapness!!!

MickeyP said:
What is the storyline of Capone's?

It is a musical type review, set in Chicago in the era of the gangsters. It is cute. There is an all you can eat Italian buffet included. We have been a couple to times and enjoyed it. The restaurant/theatre itself is older. Not near as nice as Dixie stampede, but is also doesn't cost a lot. A good value for the money.

Joanne :)

momoftwodisneykids said:

Thank you for this info, picked up tickets from AAA for Dixie Stampede, seemed like a very good time to try it.

The food for Dixie Stampede was really good - just be prepared for them to slap a whole chicken on your plate! Ok, a small chicken, but still ~ we got a big kick out of it. Go early for the pre-show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter