Which December opening are you most excited about? Riviera or Rise of the Resistance

Most excited for?

• Total voters

MJ NH

Mouseketeer
My next trip isn’t until January, but I’m excited to see both of these new places that open in December. I will probably Skyline from hotel to ride every morning!

My next trip isn’t until January, but I’m excited to see both of these new places that open in December. I will probably Skyline from hotel to ride every morning!
The Skyliner wasn't open early enough for ropedropping the Studios during EEMH. Hopefully they'll correct this.

I saw the Riviera models in November. They didn’t do it for me. There was something about them that lacked warmth. Not a fan of only one bath. The outside of Riviera, now that it’s done, resembles a Lego build to me. I won’t be booking there given the exorbitant point requirements.

Rise of the Resistance on the other hand, should be lots of fun. Still won’t wait hours for it, but I’ll ride it eventually.

I booked a 2 nite stay at the Riviera Jan 30-31 before my BLT stay. Rise of the Resistance will be an amazing attraction. I am very excited for both. Plus it will be my daughters first stay at Copper Creek at the same time after buying DVC earlier this year

Not excited at all about Riviera. Right now consider Millenium Falcon and Rise of the Resistance to be useless because you cannot get a fastpass for either, meaning, unless both rides are awful and thus short lines exist, the wait time is going to be at least an hour and probably more no matter when you go, and I will not wait that long for any ride.

Last edited:

Not excited at all about Riviera. Right now consider Millenium Falcon and Rise of the Resistance to be useless because you cannot get a fastness for either, meaning, unless both rides are awful and thus short lines exist, the wait time is going to be at least an hour and probably more no matter when you go, and I will not wait that long for any ride.
I used to think that, and was a proud member of the <35 min club, but I’ll gladly get into an hour line for FoP if I’ve done everything else i want in DAK, because it’s that great.

Rise of the Resistance will not even be open during EMH, nether morning or evening. That's quite a blow for people who booked onsite stays in order to get advantage over offsite guests. If I had a cash booking I would cancel and rebook offsite in spite.

Rise of the Resistance will not even be open during EMH, nether morning or evening. That's quite a blow for people who booked onsite stays in order to get advantage over offsite guests. If I had a cash booking I would cancel and rebook offsite in spite.

I have to say, I'm surprised every Disney news site rushed to report that considering the official list also currently includes "Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (Extra Magic Hours available beginning September 1, 2019)". Kinda looks more like it hasn't been updated yet than ROTR isn't included. But, I digress from the original topic of the thread, so, please carry on :)

I guess it was true. They should still take out that bold part ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter