Which day for first time visit to Tokyo Disney Resort in March?

Azizi

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are SO excited to visit Tokyo and the Tokyo Disney resorts for the first time this March! We have been to Disney World, the Disney resorts in California and Disneyland Paris but the Tokyo resorts have been our dream. Our trip is planned for Sunday March 18 to Sunday March 25. I heard Wed the 21 is a public holiday. Normally, we would go on a weekday and avoid weekends at any park, but the Crowd Calendar we saw advised that crowds would actually be higher during that whole week due to spring break for schools and Saturday would be lower crowds! What do you all think? Which day should we go?

The 'good' news is that you are not going the busiest week of the year. That is the following week. The bad news is that it is the second busiest week by just a few thousand.

Oddly, the Sat/Sun, 24th and 25th, project to be the least crowded days, though no matter what you are facing huge crowds. During the week, it hardly matters which day you go.

Here is the crowd calendar I use:

http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/

The numbers for each day are in the thousands of visitors.

I'd say plan to arrive minimum one hour before gates open, but even then there will be so many in front of you. You will need to strategize heavily. Haunted Mansion and It's a Small World will both be closed in TDL. Roger Rabbit reopens the 23rd of March. Only the Electric Railway will be closed in Disney Sea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!