Which cabin?

Ladyhawke10

Grand Floridian girl
:bounce:

Where to start on figuring out which cabin to choose? I am a first time cruiser, and am interested in the Disney Magic cruise (western caribbean). I have heard that those who chose an inside cabin were disappointed, so I was thinking that either a window or verandah is a must. Would a window do w/o the added cost of a verandah? I want a great trip but am willing to pay for the verandah if its a must for a good experience. Also, I have no idea where to request on the location of the ship. Upper decks, lower decks...should I avoid proximity to conference rooms and stay by other staterooms....
Any suggestions? Thanks :)

:Pinkbounc

if your a smoker it will help cause a veranda is the only place you can smoke. and its a great place to eat breakfast and watch sunrise/sunset. i hope this helps.
john

P.S.
goto this website to learn more
www.castawayclub.com

I've never sailed in an inside cabin, but have sailed in a porthole room(not DCL) and a veranda room (DCL). It's true for me, once you have the veranda, you can't go back. It was so nice to be able to walk outside right from my cabin. Now, we are "cabinbodies" and really enjoy to hangout in our cabin or room at a resort. I much prefer it to the public decks, so that's why we will always have a veranda. If you're planning on hanging out in your cabin and spending a lot of time there, then a veranda is worth the money. If you're just going to shower/change and sleep, I'd get the porthole. I also like to be on a higher deck, being close to the water scares me!!!!!

You may want to consider one of the secret porthole rooms (you pay for a Cat. 10 inside room, but you get an obstructed view porthole). There are also some Cat. 7 rooms that have a regular verandah rather than a navigator verandah (they are cheaper because of a slight obstruction). I see the link to my website has already been posted...you find info. on those rooms there.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Flight apathy, or don't!

yes start off like Barb says u will have a great time

peter

We've always stayed in an inside cabin and never regretted it. It gives us extra money to do what we want on the ship. Next July we have a SPR and I can't wait to see what it is like to have light in the room.

Patti

Originally posted by inkkognito
There are also some Cat. 7 rooms that have a regular verandah rather than a navigator verandah (they are cheaper because of a slight obstruction).

Do these rooms sleep 4 like the typical cat 6 room? Or 3 like the typical cat 7?

Thanks,
Sam

I don't mind the inside rooms because I like to sleep in the dark. But I have never had a verandah, and I am sure I would love it. It just isn't worth the extra money to me. I would rather sail on the inside and be able to sail more often!

As far as decks...deck 5 is very convenient as are 6, 7, and 8. I have never seen a post where a theater or conference room was a noisy place to have a room. There are noisy rooms on deck two though...

A buddy of mine recently stayed in room 5002. He reported lots of noise from the Disney theater. Apparently, they were rehearsing shows until roughly midnight and again in the early morning.

He said the noise was lots of thumpy bass and the same songs over and over again. It kept his 3 year old awake.

Sam

Originally posted by Favorite Auntie
I don't mind the inside rooms because I like to sleep in the dark. But I have never had a verandah, and I am sure I would love it. It just isn't worth the extra money to me. I would rather sail on the inside and be able to sail more often!

I think this is a good point and very true for Travis and myself as well. For the cost of some of the verandahs on a single cruise, Travis and I could sail with an inside stateroom TWICE! :D

I'd rather enjoy two cruises and make ample use of Decks 4, 9, and 10!

Whatever you decide, have a GREAT cruise! :bounce:

smchan....was that on the Wonder or the Magic? I am hoping it was the new show on the Wonder as I have room 5000 on the Magic!

It was the Wonder back in late August, so I imagine they were rehearsing for The Golden Mickeys.

Sam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter