Which attractions/shows choke you up at DLR?

Bone Daddy

Earning My Ears
Ok, so I'm usually one to keep my emotions in check (it's kind of necessary pursuing a career in the medical field), but Disney has a uncanny ability to break through my sentimental barriers. For example, I get choked up EVERY time I see Mickey's Philharmagic, Wishes Fireworks (it's that song that gets me), and the Osborne Lights (again specifically a song, Carol of the Bells):sad:. Since my first DLR trip is merely a week away, I wanted to know if anyone had attractions/shows that induced similar emotional responses at DLR. I can imagine this being a bit difficult for some to admit, but if there's anywhere that we can wear our emotions on our sleeve, it's Disney!!!

I recommend going to Flag Retreat. They have the time in the schedule. It gets me every time.

Just walking towards the castle and going down Main Street on my first morning there. I'm just so happy to be there!!

WOC really got me during the lion king scene, I totally lost it seeing that scene with the sounds and lights!

Ok, so I'm usually one to keep my emotions in check (it's kind of necessary pursuing a career in the medical field), but Disney has a uncanny ability to break through my sentimental barriers. For example, I get choked up EVERY time I see Mickey's Philharmagic, Wishes Fireworks (it's that song that gets me), and the Osborne Lights (again specifically a song, Carol of the Bells):sad:. Since my first DLR trip is merely a week away, I wanted to know if anyone had attractions/shows that induced similar emotional responses at DLR. I can imagine this being a bit difficult for some to admit, but if there's anywhere that we can wear our emotions on our sleeve, it's Disney!!!

What are the Osborne Lights?

Near the end of Fantasmic when the Mark Twain Riverboat comes out. That theme always gets me.

I recommend going to Flag Retreat. They have the time in the schedule. It gets me every time.

^^^This. Every single time, especially when they ask any service member present to stand.

The castle lighting/snow during the holidays.

Walking through the castle first thing in the morning, with the music playing.

The Christmas time fireworks with " snow " at the end really got me. I'd love to see that again sometime. I hate it when something makes you cry when you least expect, standing in the middle of the park trying not to tear up like an idiot.

"Remember... Dreams Come True" gets me every time.

What are the Osborne Lights?

It's a spectacular light show (to call is something that is a giant understatement) that takes place a Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World.

- Dreams

Any of the fireworks shows. Believe in Holiday Magic has me crying without shame every time. In Remember Dreams Come True, when Peter Pan says "I wish we'd never have to grow up" and when Aladdin says "Genie, I wish for your freedom." Well I'm crying now just thinking about it.

The finale to Fantasmic

Great Moments with Mr Lincoln, especially the portraits at the exit

it's a small world

Soarin' Over California

The lobby of the animation building, if they ate showing scenes from an emotional movie (imagine being surrounded by the 'Baby Mine' scene)

Anything having to do with Walt, seeing his apartment, or the Partners statue, or hearing his speeches

And one that's gone now, Golden Dreams in DCA. I sobbed every time.

World of Color-- Especially the "So Close" segment.
Fantasmic-- The princess segment.
Remember... Dreams Come True-- The whole thing.

I've always cried leaving the park. Even when I lived in California, I cried! I mean, I'm the most over-emotional person ever, but I have such a weird attachment to the park.

Also, seeing RMOM (Random Acts of Magic) make me tear up BIG TIME. Or little kids just enjoying themselves and looking at everything with wonder. I will never underestimate the magic and power of Disney.

Frankly, Disneyland gets me coming and going. The flag ceremony, any fireworks show, WOC, and especially when IASW lights up on the outside on Christmas Eve, or at the holidays in general. I also tear up right as I walk into DL, when I go through the first tunnel on the first day of any visit. My family all knows that gets me every time!

The holiday fireworks for sure. The parade of Dreams during the 50th ... I was just a mess :sad: :lovestruc

I used to cry every single time I saw MSEP. Just hearing the music will do it to me. I also tend to tear up during the fireworks.

I'm also so lame that I'll start to tear up at the beginning of Disney movies where they show the castle. I have to hide it from DH so he doesn't tease me about it.

The finale at Fantasmic and at Soarin when the scene comes to Main Street at Christmas time. I cry every dang time, my wife and kids just laugh at me like I'm an idiot!

Mine have already been mentioned. Finale of Fantasmic, fireworks, Soarin' - the Disneyland scene, seeing Mickey for the first time when I come to the park, the castle in the beginning of Disney movies.

I also cry coming and going. Happy to be there and then sad to leave!

One time that I don't cry? The snow at Christmas. I live in Canada - snow isn't a big deal to me. However, I did tear up one time watching people who probably have never seen snow get so excited. I remember this one little girl was so excited she was jumping up and down and clapping. I couldn't help but smile and tear up. :)

Two things always get me at DL.

The first is a very specific moment. When we pull up to the GCH, the bellman takes our bags, the valet takes our car and I walk through those beautiful doors. It's like entering an alternate reality for me and I have to force myself to not drop to my knees and sob.

The other I see multiple times during our visit. It's the joy on my daughters' faces. Only a picture will explain it... this is my favorite.
_facebook_132821399__zps1435b849.jpg

Bone Daddy said:

Wishes always gets me (I have the music from the parks CD and it even chokes me up when I hear it on there!). As soon as we enter the park I cry, when I see the castle for the first time I cry, when we leave I cry! I tear up on IASW, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, during the flag retreat ceremony and most recently I started crying on the teacups (we all fit in one teacup and now I get choked up when I realize that we won't all fit in one soon!!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!