Which apartments are the best to stay at?

I love Chatham and hope to stay there again, if not I'll take Patterson. Chatham does have bigger apartments and there is the Publix and the outlets nearby. On a random note, Vista is the only complex with a hot tub, the others do not have them (not that I'd use it anyway hahaha).

I love Chatham and hope to stay there again, if not I'll take Patterson. Chatham does have bigger apartments and there is the Publix and the outlets nearby. On a random note, Vista is the only complex with a hot tub, the others do not have them (not that I'd use it anyway hahaha).

Yeah, I stay as far away from the hot tubs as I can get. A lot of nasty things go on in there. If I want to go to a hot tub, I just go to one of the resorts. That is what I did last time.

Yeah, I stay as far away from the hot tubs as I can get. A lot of nasty things go on in there. If I want to go to a hot tub, I just go to one of the resorts. That is what I did last time.

I am so tempted to go over to Port Orleans (I went over there every now and then to get a taco salad yum...lol). But I didn't even use the pool last time I was there either ahaha.

I absolutely agree! I lived in Vista in Spring 2007. My building was right next to the main building. I never heard any loud parties nearby! The only downside to my building was hearing the buses drive by, but even that took only a week to get used to. I really liked Vista! It was cheaper, and yeah it wasn't as nice as Chatham, but it felt more homely. Chatham made me feel like I wasn't allowed to touch anything because it was all so new. There will always be pros and cons to each apartment, depending on your preferences. Do your research to find the apartment that is the best fit for you. I went to the website and took virtual tours of Vista and Chatham and realized they aren't much different. Don't push Vista to the side based on only negative comments.
\

wats that web address to look at the apartments??

Well, I lived at Vista, and it really was not that bad. It has been a few years, but they still had the reputation of being Vista Lay (the bus drivers told us all the stories). Anyway, I am not a partyer and was never really bothered by the parties. I did see them, but maybe I was just fortunate that they were never in my building? I don't know. I do know that if I was out walking late at night, I could usually find a party. Another thing that may have been on my side, I lived on the top floor. I know usually people have more noise problems the farther down in a building you are. I did get woken up a few early mornings by the maintanance people mowing or weedwacking (I swear it was almost every day) and a few times by the guy across the hall fighting with his girlfriend on his phone (in the middle of the night!! - he was nice enough to leave his apartment so as not to disturb his roomates, but then he just ended up waking me up). I'm sure this isn't everyone's experience, however. I had the bedroom next to the front door of the apartment, and my bed was beside the window (so he was literally sitting outside my window arguing - you'll see what I mean when you get there).

But all in all, I loved Vista, especially if you are not going to bring a car. Again, things may have changed, but I know Chatam used to have to catch a bus to Vista just to catch a bus to many of the places the buses take you. I would also recommend getting an apartment on the top floor. Ours was a two bedroom, so four roomates, with a bathroom in each. And, while it didn't actually make the apartment bigger, the cathedral ceiling and larger window certainly made the place seem plenty big. We all worked odd shifts, so it was rare that all four of us were home at the same time, and all four of us were very quiet people, too. Great experience at Vista!

dkmulder...that sees to be a pretty good story of how vista is. I cant imagine parties everynight keeping you up. Just judging from these get to know each other threads it doesnt seem like to many drink and party any way so if i get accepted (still pending) i will def be staying at vista cause if i want to party i would like to walk out my door and then stumble to my bed at the end of the night instead of running around orlando.

So if you live in Chatham or Patterson and want to go to Vista Way for a party, you have to have a Vista Way resident sign you in at security, you can't just go over there?

Also, is there a limit to how many guests you can have in one day? Like if you and your roommates have a movie night or something, does each roommmate have to sign in a few people or one person (or one apartment) can have as many as they want?

Are you allowed to go to CP housing events in a different complex than where you live?

Posted this question elsewhere, but this looks like the better place. Can CPs live in Patterson? I have heard they can and cannot. There seem to be a LOT of people on here, mostly CPs who plan to ask for that, but I had heard it wasn't an option, that it was only for the PIs. I really like Chatham, but if Patterson is available I want to be able to consider it. I had just heard otherwise. Just so everyone is at an understanding of what we can do, or maybe I'm just confused. Thanks!!!
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18

So if you live in Chatham or Patterson and want to go to Vista Way for a party, you have to have a Vista Way resident sign you in at security, you can't just go over there?

Also, is there a limit to how many guests you can have in one day? Like if you and your roommates have a movie night or something, does each roommmate have to sign in a few people or one person (or one apartment) can have as many as they want?

Are you allowed to go to CP housing events in a different complex than where you live?

You don't need anyone from other complexes signing you in during the day. However, after 9pm you will need to be signed in to the other complexes.

Posted this question elsewhere, but this looks like the better place. Can CPs live in Patterson? I have heard they can and cannot. There seem to be a LOT of people on here, mostly CPs who plan to ask for that, but I had heard it wasn't an option, that it was only for the PIs. I really like Chatham, but if Patterson is available I want to be able to consider it. I had just heard otherwise. Just so everyone is at an understanding of what we can do, or maybe I'm just confused. Thanks!!!
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18

Patterson was available for CPs last summer (I stayed there). Of course, things are always subject to change. But I'm sure CPs will be able to stay there for the Fall.

You are limited to signing in 3 people per day but like Joanna said, you only have to sign people in if it's after 9 PM.

You are limited to signing in 3 people per day but like Joanna said, you only have to sign people in if it's after 9 PM.

So say 5 guests go in at 8 PM and don't sign in. They intend to stay past 9. Then what happens? As long as they don't leave, they can stay without signing in? :scratchin

So say 5 guests go in at 8 PM and don't sign in. They intend to stay past 9. Then what happens? As long as they don't leave, they can stay without signing in? :scratchin

If the guests aren't CPs, they always have to be signed in (even before 9pm). However, if CPs go in before 9pm, they don't have to be signed in once 9pm hits (I believe). However, all guests (including CPs), have to be gone by 1am.

If they plan to stay past 9pm, they have to be signed when they arrive (even if its 8pm). They will be kick out at 9 if they are found. I know a few people who were kicked out even if they arrived before 9pm. I know a ton of people even have sleep overs, but they always find out about it and get terminated. So, be very careful. If you don't want to get in trouble, you could always sign three of them in and have one of your friends or roommates sign in the other two.

So from my understanding Chatham and Patterson are across the street from each other and Patterson does not have a bus stop correct?

So my question is how many lanes is the street between the two complexes?

So from my understanding Chatham and Patterson are across the street from each other and Patterson does not have a bus stop correct?

That is correct.

The walk itself isn't too bad (it's about a 3 minute walk from the front of the complex). However, it is a pain when it's raining or after shopping.

You aren't crossing international drive or anything. It's a side road.

I have some friends that live in Orlando, I can ask them about some good apartments.

Anyone confused on where to live.... Chatham. I love it. Very quiet (unless you want the party scene- THEN Vista is an option), within walking distance of Publix, Walgreens, etc. Apartments are very nice... mine is right next to the laundry and the pool. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter