Which AKV is your favorite?

• Kidani

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Jambo House

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

disnutnat

Earning My Ears
Kidani Village or Jambo House? Why? Also, what is a standard view, for those who have had a standard view? I know what the description is, but I'd like to hear from those who have stayed there. Thanks!

We own DVC at AKL and we LOVE Kidani, mainly for the size of the rooms (The 1-bedroom has two baths which is awesome!). We had a standard view once at Kidani and it overlooked the bus stop.

Kidani but it was very crowded at the pool when we went the last time. i like to watch the animals from Jumbo house though

I've stayed at Jambo 3 times and Kidani once. Okay, so Jambo was regular rooms (once in a standard, small, room, once in a concierge bunk bed room, and once in a regular bunk bed room). Kidani was a one bedroom villa.

The villa was fine and all, but a lot of it was wasted space. So, honestly it could have been smaller, or made use of the space better (no one used the huge tub, and no one showered in the second bathroom at all, matter of fact I don't think it was ever used).

Other than the fact that we got a killer deal over Easter for a rental from an owner, I hated the location of Kidani. I like to have a food court to grab quick dining on the run, and it was super inconvenient to go to the Mara. I did use the kitchen a lot (and the washer/dryer), but getting to the Mara was a PITA. I guess now that I've stayed a few times in value resorts (gasp - I know - never ever would have thought I'd do that years ago), I have come to appreciate the variety and convenience of their food courts! After a long day, it's nice to grab something. Or in the middle of the day, we wanted to get something, and the Mara was just so far.

At JH, all DVC villas are on the fifth and sixth floors (sixth floor villas are concierge villas - five two bedroom lockoffs). KV is all DVC villas. JH is converted hotel rooms. The two bedroom villas at JH are all lockoffs, meaning a combination of a studio and a one bedroom villa. The master bathroom in JH one and two bedroom villas doesn't have a separate shower and tub. They are all combination shower/tub. KV has lockoff and dedicated two bedroom villas (the second bedroom of a dedicated has two queen sized beds). Master bathrooms in KV have a separate shower and soaking tub.

Standard view at JH is pool view. Standard view at KV is parking lot and pool. Both have a few villas that were savanna view, but were changed to standard view because the view was somewhat blocked. JH also has a few value villas that are about three feet shorter in depth than the others (makes putting the furniture in the room a bit of a challenge). They might be parking lot, pool or savanna views.

You can use either pool. It's about a ten minute walk between the two locations. An easy walk.

We love and always stay at Jambo house in a Studio. We love pool view the best. Close to elevators lobby and ease to get to and from The Mara. We will be back soon and are so excited.

We love Kidani as we love the parking also we found the buses at JH very slow compared to Kidani.

I also found the hotel lobby at Jambo a bit dark.

If staying in a studio I prefer Jambo because I like the building amenities/look, pool, and access to multiple restaurants much better. If staying in a 1 or 2 bedroom then Kidani for the space and configuration of the rooms. I don't think there is any appreciable difference between bus service.

Kidani Village or Jambo House? Why? Also, what is a standard view, for those who have had a standard view? I know what the description is, but I'd like to hear from those who have stayed there. Thanks!

I've stayed at both several times and I prefer Kidani. My reasons may not be things that apply to you though. As far as studios goes, I like the bathroom layout much better at Kidani. The toilet has it's own water closet behind a 2nd door. There is one sink, but more counter space and storage than the bathrooms at Jambo. The Kidani bathrooms feel less claustrophobic to me.

I have only been in a one bedroom at Kidani. As mentioned the big difference there is that a 1 bed at Kidani has two full bathrooms - which is quite convenient if you have older kids and everyone wants to get ready at the same time. I could see that not being a big attraction for someone with small children that has to supervise any bathroom time. The master bath at Kidani is so nice! There is a huge walk in shower and separate whirlpool tub.

We drive and always have a car, so one of the biggest reasons I like Kidani is the parking situation. The ground floor of the building is a parking garage, so you are really close to your room and parked in the shade! If you are stuck in a room near the end of the wings at Jambo and the end of the parking lot, that can feel like a pretty long walk at night coming back from the parks.

Standard view at Kidani is usually looking at the front entrance, bus stop, parking, and woods across the road. I always book standard, unless they are all full - then I'll book Savannah. Not sure this link will work but try: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...filters[sound]=any&date=2017-02-20&rooms=true

It's about the same type of views at Jambo.

If you use counter service at the resort often, then Jambo is a better choice. Kidani does not have it's own counter service, although Sanaa has started offering somewhat counter service style breakfast options. I have not personally tried it yet though.

The choice just depends on what features are most important to you.

AKL is our absolute fave and we prefer Jambo House over Kidani. We usually stay in a 2 bedroom. My kids are young so we don't really need the 3rd bathroom that Kidani offers. Kidani does have a cooler pool slide. But Jambo House - there is nothing like walking into the lobby and looking up. I love the gift shop, especially stopping by when the artist is carving. I love hearing the drums in the lobby. The activities are really fun. We adore Boma and try to get there for breakfast and dinner every visit, even if we're staying somewhere else. Kidani has the same themeing, it's just a milder feel. The Jambo House pool has a nice slide but overall it's a more chill atmosphere. We've had good bus experiences on both sides. I love the balconies at AKL on both sides. They feel roomier to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter