Where would you take you're wife?

DreadpiratK

Mouseketeer
We're coming up on our 22nd anniversary next month, and I'm trying to figure out what to do. We've traditionally not done much for our anniversary, maybe one night away in a hotel, but this year things are pretty good money wise, and we'd like to do something special.

My options are:

1 Go back to Disney for 5 or 6 days. We have one day left on our passes form our Honeymoon 22 years ago that is still good, and we've always talked about using them, but have never been able to. Plus we can go the in December and catch the last of free dining.

2. An all inclusive resort in the Caribbean. We won a trip to Sandals about 10 years ago, and loved it, in fact that was the last time we got away together.

3. A Cruise. Never done one, but in December they're cheap and we can sail out of NY so no airfare. Seems like they are pretty much an all inclusive resort that floats. Surprisingly affordable too, a 7 day cruise out of NY in Dec (brrrr!!) is around $400 each.

Total cost is pretty much the same for all three- Disney being the most expensive. Money is less tight then in the past, but not exactly abundant either.

On the one hand, just getting away and being alone together seems pretty great, what we do during the day might not be that important, on the other hand we don't get this chance often and I'd like to do something really fun.

What would y'all rather do and why?

I'd go wherever it was going to be the warmest and stay there. Lived in Syracuse for a couple of years. By December you have had at least a month of gray, dark and damp with another 3 months to go at least.

Really they all seem like winners but Disney in December is supposed to be pretty special.

Weather and seas in December, even in the Caribbean, can be sketchy..

Disney, hands down!:goodvibes

I would go to Disney World.
Take that "leftover" ticket and upgrade it to the length of stay you want (you'll get full current value for that first day's ticket in credit).
Skip the free dining package (because that would kill the value of your leftover ticket). You'll probably do at least as well with a room-only discount (there are new discounts being released to the general public on October 5, and they're pretty good discounts).

Rather than use a dining plan, you're probably better off eating mostly counter-service meals, with a couple of special table-services meals at signature restaurants (which are generally a waste of credits on the dining plan).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter