Where would you go in Epcot for drinks & appetizers?

Janet100

Mouseketeer
I'm going to Epcot on a date with my Husband. Meeting him after work on Monday. Have arranged babysitting, which is not easy to do. We don't want to have a large sit down meal. Can anyone suggest somewhere really good (and romantic) but simple. Drinks and appetizers? Thanks!
Janet

In Japan there is a small lounge-type place called (I think) Matsunoma that has sushi, spring rolls, Calamari, etc and some tasty umbrella-type drinks as well as sake and beer. It's intimate and quiet and has very nice views of the park and the water. I had the Calamari and a Tokyo Sunset last time I was there; both were very good; the calamari was very light and tender.

I would first go to Italy or France and have some wine.....then do a light lunch at Tangirene Cafe (Morrocco). :goodvibes

I would agree with the idea of the lounge in Japan...probably your best bet for a quiet, relaxed evening.

Other suggestions:
The two restaurants at France- good selections of wine and appetizers.

San Angel Inn- usually pretty dim and quiet

Coral Reef- Like the wine selection, but is also a popular choice for families.

Have fun!

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I will share them with my husband and post our choice tomorrow. He's on the airplane right now heading home. Even if it is for a few hours, it will be enjoyable to get some alone time!
Janet

I love Tempura Kiku, the lounge in Japan. Definitely a lovely, romantic spot overlooking the World Showcase Lagoon. I also love sitting in the *garden* in Japan, seating near the CS restaurant for awhile after eating.

DH was running late from the airport and Epcot closed at 9pm last night. Ended up making reservations at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. We enjoyed beers on draft and we shared the Shrimp & Scallops. "Panko Breaded Shrimp and Pan seared Scallops with Sticky Rice and Ponzu, Spicy Guava, Passion Fruit and Wasabi Cream Sauces." The scallops just melted in your mouth. It made a good appetizer for two. We strolled down to the beach and caught the end of Wishes. I found a speaker along the walkway that was playing the music. You had to stand right beside it to hear it. They really should turn up the music on the beach. We went back into the snack shop and DH bought a Mickey icecream sandwich. I bought the Mickey rice crispy treat dipped in chocolate. We strolled around a bit. I love the lighted tiki torches along the walkways. We came up on a walk-way that went towards the water. It ended up with a beautiful view of the castle and hotels. I'm guessing this is where they have weddings. We had an enjoyable night. Thank you guys for all your tips. I definately will try out that lounge in Japan sometime. :thumbsup2
Janet

aww, that sounds sweet! I'm glad you were able to get out and have your date.
I wish I lived close enough to the Poly to go on a date there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter